Does your user name have any meaning?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Swartt » August 25th, 2008, 6:57 am

that one guy wrote:Redwall! I remember reading those books as a kid! Wasn't Swartt some sort of bad ass Badger? If it's who I'm thinking of, that was the best, and darkest, of the Redwall books. Then again, that's not saying much. Basically just that there was slightly more killing and a not as happy ending.

I think he was a ferret, and yes, he was bad-ass. the books where really enjoyable, untill I read about 7 of them, en discoverd that thay where all about the same.
Sanity is for the weak-minded
Swartt
Addict

ryu -dragon, jin -god

Unread postby ryujin » August 26th, 2008, 8:57 pm

In Japanese... Ryūjin 龍神 - "dragon god"
Well... I'm mysteriously obsessed with dragon-related stuff since I was little, and I was born on the year of the dragon.
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » August 30th, 2008, 2:36 pm

Okay.. i just wanna say ONE THING!!!

Since i just revealed my email to the public here...

Okay... Less then 5minutes ago... upon opening up my msn messanger.. ive gotten...

8 'new contacts!!!'...

Like POW!.. Just like that...

I suspect its some of you guys...
So PLEASE.. do me a favor...

And TELL ME WHO THE HECK YOU ARE MAN AT LEAST AT PM....

Or i would ignore you guys..

Seriously.. It freaked me out!!... Siish!
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby TheXev » August 30th, 2008, 4:31 pm

The origins of my nickname date back to the year.... 1996

This is the first time I had internet access. Quick witted, I came up with an internet name for my new free email hotmail account: isawrealduhs.

Fantastic, original, great!

Then I wanted to use IRC.

IRC was real teh suck back then, and that nickname was just too long. Being I was in #samuraipizzacats, I picked the name Speedy. Unfortunately that nickname was taken... so was Speedy2.... so.. I chose... yes.. Speedy3.

Well, I was being made fun of for my lack of originality, so I chose a new nickname "Yataro." (a gross mis-romanization of Yattarou from Kyattou Ninden Teyandee). Well, it was about this time that my fellow lurkers of #samuraipizzacats started getting me into TetriNET. I'd rather not go into detail on how good I was then, as that is a two-three page essay, but on TetriNET I adopted the nickname "Pupperoni." Pupperoni was a fan-fiction character I had made up in the Samurai Pizza Cat universe (the leader of an entire alternate team that would take place in another city).

Well... I was really really good at TetriNET... I didn't know how good until one day, I dropped onto a server for "Team-X." At the time, Team-X was the 3rd highest ranked TetriNET team online. I went in and played a few team matches.. but I was really board. So I asked them for a 5-on-1 match. They thought I was crazy and accepted anyway. After taking out 3 of them, one player swapped out for their leader, ProtoX. They thought two people where on the keyboard, because I was typing between line drops. Well... one thing lead to another and I ended up joining the team.

PupX, YataroX. I was a memeber of Team-X

I stopped using the Pupperoni nickname about that time. I was like freakn' Ranma, always getting challenges from different people (and always winning). YataroX stuck for awhile...

...Later on I started playing a game called Planetarion. It was (is) a web based game and a whole lot of fun (I played between rounds 3-5.. then they implemented races and made the game suck so me and my friends quit). I decided I wanted to try an original name again and came up with "DarkanoX." Well, half way threw the round, I was bombarded with questions as to what the X stood for. Not playing TetriNET anymore, I thought long and hard about what it should mean. Eventually I came up with "Xev." I'm didn't want to use Xavier, that much I was sure off, but I wanted it to have a Z sound. I prob heard it somewhere before... I can only make theories as to where.

Darkano Xev, that would be my players name in round 4 of Planetarion.

I thought Darkano sounded pretty lame after awhile. And to avoid having a 3 character nickname.....

TheXev was born, around 2001. It seems putting "The" in was the best choice ever, as I would find out a few years later that Xev was a character from Lexx. (Before I would found Xev in references to a band that played music on Lexx.. never knew Xev was a character).

This leads to the confusion that I am female (far from it). It also doesn't help that a few years ago this totally hawt Aus girl started using "TheXev" as her nickname on Myspace and youtube. But she is totally hawt, so I forgiver her. :)
Last edited by TheXev on September 9th, 2008, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Message » August 30th, 2008, 8:31 pm

I have used the same nickname from the very first day I came online. That was back in the newsgroup age, before usenet was used for binaries... Long ago. >__< It's taken directly from my initials, which I kind of owe to my grandfather: My parents didn't want to name me after a family member, but seeing how it was more or less expected of them to keep the family names alive they gave me a second name after my Frisian grandpa. The usual bad jokes aside, Message as a nickname has served me well. I've only once had to think of a replacement when the nickname was already in use.

My avatar is indeed Ginji, as it has in fact always been. It's funny someone mentioned that Raitei and I should exchange avatars, because in a way he may be right: Ever since the attempts of certain individuals to use my online identity in rather negative fashions, which I never either understood or enjoyed, I no longer present personal feelings or ideas in public forums like this. Those that know me in more private circles, even more so people I know personally, know that my real personality is in fact quite enthusiastic and energetic. Amano Ginji is very much like me in that regard. Though I wouldn't mind being able to generate electric discharges with my fingers. :P

Of course, one of the advantages of my particular nickname is that it's near impossible to google. >__>;;

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 30th, 2008, 10:36 pm

Wow....those are really interesting stories...
family...
Somebody could make a movie about it.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby D4rks0ul » August 30th, 2008, 11:24 pm

well if you all start with a Story now then ill do 2 ^^

1996 We became the First Computer and Internet, i hadnt to do much with the Internet, iw as jsut 4 years old lol, my sis made me then a E-mail adrese called snake0123@...
1999 where i was 6 years old we had 2 PC's and went with it 2 Years to Amerika becouse of the job from my Dad, there i started to use the internet non-stop and my first nick was Snake1 , becouse my sister worked on a Zoo at wekend and i love snakes :P
2001 sommer we went back to Germany, then i loaded ICQ (becouse my sister wanted so ;) ) and called myself Snakekiller, becouse i played in the 2 years amerika non-stop Quake3 and where fucking good :D so Snake for my love to snakes and killer becouse i pwned like hell :P i had to explain everybody becouse they thought Snake"killer" (that i hate snakes) ^^ we bought our 3rd and 4rth Pc one of them was mine, it was an cool PC with an Geforce3 and 512MB Ram, i loved it.
2004 i started to hear heavymetal and rock and named my self Todeskiller (means DeathKiller, no fear to Death/Die) i had that nick very long till 2006 where a Friend of mine died by a Car crash, he had DarkSoul on the rear Window of his car, then i named my self DarkSoul and a bit later i found out about 1337 (leet) and named it D4rks0ul... at 2008 May i got this PC now and i still have that nick and im kinda, PC Freak and RL hater (sometimes) ^^

Mfg DS
T?F & BluB
D4rks0ul
Might just like this board

Unread postby Azuriazu » October 8th, 2008, 2:50 pm

My username comes from a derivation of Shoyru (The neopet LOL)

Actually, the name I use most of the time is Shoyriazu (a modification of Shoyru) but then I changed the first part to Azu to get Azuriazu.
Azuriazu
Might just like this board

Unread postby Belzera » October 9th, 2008, 12:31 am

Meh, my Name has Meaning, it has a personal one to me, but a Joke one too

Bel as in Bhaal, I read somewhere long ago that Bel was a corruption of Bhaal and mean't lord just like Bhaal/Baal did
Zera was greek for Seed

So "Lord Seed"

The Personal One is a little Emo so I'd rather not say it

EDIT: I read these things long ago so it could all be Bull for all I know
Belzera
Addict

Unread postby Henza » October 9th, 2008, 4:46 am

My name has no meaning, but i saw pukka pads (small, spiral bound notebooks which fit in a breastpocked)
at a Woolies
Henza
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby DemiGod911 » October 9th, 2008, 10:58 am

Mine = Ego Problems?

Nah... Seriously if you dont know go back to history.. Its From Ancient Greace... Ass for the 911 .. WTF IS THERE 911!!!!@@!@! Who stole my name !! Damnit... everywhere i go there are copycats who take the name befor me... now as for the reason i chose 911 for two reasons... and none of them have to do with 9-11 or police... if you can figure it out maby ill give you a lolly-pop? found it in my attic... its been in my pocket for a little over year so its nice and warm... STOP THINKING DIRTY THINGS!!! its a tootsie pop... with the tootsie in the middle... damn whats wrong with you people... is that all you think about?!?!?!?
DemiGod911
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Vayth » November 19th, 2008, 2:50 pm

Mine is from "Faith".. hope I could become someone trustworthy or "everyone have faith in me"..

Well, I just thougth it when I couldnt fine any good name for my char in an online game (I forgot the game), but now it became my online name in all forums I think.. (except if there's another Vayths before me..)
Vayth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 19th, 2008, 4:31 pm

Mkilbride.

M = Maxx(My name, and yes, TWO X's...people always ask)Kilbride = my last name(I'm Irish)

2599, a random assortment of numbers I've used since I started on the internet. Hell, I even use basically the same password for everything I do...it's really stupid, even though I tell myself "You're being stupid again..." I still do it.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Nerroth » November 19th, 2008, 4:57 pm

When I started playing Colony Wars on my old PS1 (back when it was just called the PlayStation...) I gave the pilot the name Terron - something to do with Terran, I think.

Anyway, Colony Wars: Vengeance came out, and in that game you get to play as the Navy, as opposed to the League - so, I flipped the username around, and made it a bit more Eldar-ey... thus Nerroth was born.

And the Earth - or, at least, the part of Ireland I was living in at the time - trembled.

(Ok, so maybe it didn't, but one can dream...)
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » November 19th, 2008, 7:17 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Mkilbride.

M = Maxx(My name, and yes, TWO X's...people always ask)Kilbride = my last name(I'm Irish)

You know, up 'till now i've been reading your nickname as "Milkbride".
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » November 19th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Atriel wrote:
Mkilbride wrote:Mkilbride.

You know, up 'till now i've been reading your nickname as "Milkbride".

lol
me too. Which reminds me of pee-chunter :P I wonder if he really got pissed off? hope not.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 19th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Everyone says that "IT looks like Milkbride" maybe it's just perverts though. :P

It's Irish!
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Tsubasa » November 20th, 2008, 2:43 am

Tsubasa = Wings.

I picked it up after watching/reading Air Gear for a while.
It seems as though only those that contradict existence are allowed to call themselves heroes.
血潮は鉄で 心は硝子。
Tsubasa
Addict

Unread postby abscess » November 20th, 2008, 5:22 am

Wow... Does no one has a username that is intended to be taken as a joke or something?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Tsubasa » November 20th, 2008, 5:28 am

I think only trolls for the most part do that, since they don't normally intend to stick around on the forum.
It seems as though only those that contradict existence are allowed to call themselves heroes.
血潮は鉄で 心は硝子。
Tsubasa
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat