Non-TypeMoon VN questions and recommendations

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » September 5th, 2008, 8:18 pm

In all honesty, Tsugumi was annoying. Hypocrite. Emo. And a bitch. I still liked her though.

And oh man i still can't forget the
► Show Spoiler
crap.

Good stuff anyway, but not godly.

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » September 5th, 2008, 8:47 pm

"Emo"s have a purely selfinflicted miserable situation in life, thus pathetic. Not so much for Tsugumi, it's quite easy to get genuinely bitter at life, especially if you havn't really experienced happiness. And only hypocrite because she fond new meaning in life, that can fundamentally change a person...
Bitch: yes. ^^
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!

LoSs
Addict

Unread post by LoSs » September 8th, 2008, 12:31 pm

Just got good ending of Moon.: awesome game is awesome, that proves, that Tactics > Key.

Shirou
Might just like this board

Unread post by Shirou » September 9th, 2008, 2:49 am

LoSs wrote:Just got good ending of Moon.: awesome game is awesome, that proves, that Tactics > Key.
i've been wanting to play Moon, i have to remember to check it.

but ; aren't most of moon's staff the Key staff?

While the studio was still in its early years, the core team of both Moon and One broke off and began their own company, Key, in 1999

and i seriously doubt that as Tactics, they pulled something better that some of the stuff they pulled as Key.

Bigweejoe
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Bigweejoe » September 10th, 2008, 11:59 pm

What Do you Guys Think About Clannad? Right Now I'm In The After Story And Wow I Must Say This Is Defo In My Top 3 Vn Games.
Ive seen the man use the needle, seen the needle use that man
Ive seen them crawl from the cradle to the coffin on their hands
They fight a war but its fatal, its so hard to understand.

teiglin

Unread post by teiglin » September 11th, 2008, 4:56 am

ayadew wrote:Please Don't Write Like This =(
I really can't/don't want to read it
This. It's *very* painful to read text with capitalization spam like that. Please, please do not capitalize every single word.

I finally gave in and got CLANNAD, and I'm in the middle of Fujibayashi sisters' route.
► Show Spoiler
Seems very interesting so far, though I'm not a huge fan of all the girls. I had watched the anime but it's nice to see the various characters fleshed out, and I look forward to learning more about the Illusionary World. I also think it'll be nice to have played the game when watching the After Story anime.

Bigweejoe
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Bigweejoe » September 11th, 2008, 8:13 am

teiglin wrote:
ayadew wrote:Please Don't Write Like This =(
I really can't/don't want to read it
This. It's *very* painful to read text with capitalization spam like that. Please, please do not capitalize every single word.

I finally gave in and got CLANNAD, and I'm in the middle of Fujibayashi sisters' route.
► Show Spoiler
Seems very interesting so far, though I'm not a huge fan of all the girls. I had watched the anime but it's nice to see the various characters fleshed out, and I look forward to learning more about the Illusionary World. I also think it'll be nice to have played the game when watching the After Story anime.
Sorry But Its A Habit Of Mine.

About The Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » September 11th, 2008, 3:05 pm

Clannad is amazing. Definitely one of the bests or best available VN in english.

About Ryou: minor spoiler :
► Show Spoiler

Bigweejoe
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Bigweejoe » September 12th, 2008, 12:56 pm

For the people who have competed Clannad.
► Show Spoiler

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » September 12th, 2008, 2:19 pm

Bigweejoe:

The translation in game is "Call her"
You pray for Fuuko automatically, there is no choice. This happens during Nagisa's route if you did Fuuko's route already.
► Show Spoiler
Did you use a walkthrough?

Bigweejoe
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Bigweejoe » September 12th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Shikiller wrote:Bigweejoe:

The translation in game is "Call her"
You pray for Fuuko automatically, there is no choice. This happens during Nagisa's route if you did Fuuko's route already.
► Show Spoiler
Did you use a walkthrough?
Thanks i started using a walkthrough after i already had a couple of routes done Nagisa being the first looks like i have to redo it :P

teiglin

Unread post by teiglin » September 13th, 2008, 9:29 am

Shikiller wrote:Clannad is amazing. Definitely one of the bests or best available VN in english.

About Ryou: minor spoiler :
► Show Spoiler
I finished the route you mentioned in spoiler and did love it. :D

Just finished Sunohara route. Man, Sunohara has drawn more laughs from me than any character in any VN I've read. For some reason his antics just don't get old. I even went and watched some of the scenes that got adapted into the anime, and they cracked me up again. Too funny.

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » September 15th, 2008, 2:19 am

Sunohara is the funniest male character in a vn ever, only comparable to Akio, whom you will see a lot in After Story.
Sunohara's route gave a feeling that can only be expressed as :
Fuck yeah Sunohara!

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » September 22nd, 2008, 6:21 am

Playing Toheart2 Xrated ATM.

PLEASE someone tell me how to get the OP (as well as other vids) working on VISTA. Seriously, Vista is driving me insane. I so regret using it.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » September 22nd, 2008, 6:58 am

Playing Happiness! Re:Lucks...or was it Relax?
!すでのな

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » September 22nd, 2008, 9:56 am

Shikiller wrote:Sunohara is the funniest male character in a vn ever, only comparable to Akio, whom you will see a lot in After Story.
Fuck yeah Sunohara!
He's also the most pathetic... getting owned by Tomoyo time after time for an unknown reason, and the only friend he has is a cynical sadist. It's almost as if he's resigned his fate to that, refusing to face reality and thinking that his situation is fine, that things will solve in the end.
I pity him, I don't want to see him.

I've only played Misae so far, which (together with tomoyo) was the most interesting characters at a first glance.
It was an interesting story, not very good, but made me want to play more at least. Though Misae's personality was presented well, I liked her very much.
Tomoyo's up next...
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!

Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Rikh » September 22nd, 2008, 10:27 am

ayadew wrote:
Shikiller wrote:Sunohara is the funniest male character in a vn ever, only comparable to Akio, whom you will see a lot in After Story.
Fuck yeah Sunohara!
He's also the most pathetic... getting owned by Tomoyo time after time for an unknown reason, and the only friend he has is a cynical sadist. It's almost as if he's resigned his fate to that, refusing to face reality and thinking that his situation is fine, that things will solve in the end.
I pity him, I don't want to see him.

I've only played Misae so far, which (together with tomoyo) was the most interesting characters at a first glance.
It was an interesting story, not very good, but made me want to play more at least. Though Misae's personality was presented well, I liked her very much.
Tomoyo's up next...
The sunohara Kyouhei route (i think kyouhei was his name...) is actually pretty interesting.
Its more of his sisters route actually... It brings out why Tomoya is truly friends with him through the route. Also Sunohara offers the most strangly good timed perfect advice for most of the heroines in the routes. (minus fighting with tomoyo and etc... which gets a little elaborated on in the tomoyo route XD )

Also Sunohara is the person to take all the blame for Tomoya if he does something wrong XD
a truly loyal friend who will continue to be hellishly back stabbed by our hero/main character of the game

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » September 22nd, 2008, 1:56 pm

Devoting himself to another, eh. A very unrewarding sacrifice for him, since our hero only uses him to vent aggressions.
If this guy was in a type-moon game I'd bet he'd have quite a dark past. He seems dead in some ways, as if all his life is a fake.
But KEY isn't into that stuff, so I'll likely just continue to speed through the parts with Sunohara. A very meaningless character, (although I did find him humorous in the beginning)

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » September 22nd, 2008, 2:46 pm

ayadew wrote:Devoting himself to another, eh. A very unrewarding sacrifice for him, since our hero only uses him to vent aggressions.
If this guy was in a type-moon game I'd bet he'd have quite a dark past. He seems dead in some ways, as if all his life is a fake.
But KEY isn't into that stuff, so I'll likely just continue to speed through the parts with Sunohara. A very meaningless character, (although I did find him humorous in the beginning)
^ All this talk is about Clannad?
or are you talking about other Vn?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » September 22nd, 2008, 3:05 pm

Clannad =)