General Chat resurrected.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

General Chat resurrected.

Unread postby ArchDemon » June 8th, 2008, 4:06 am

Okay, it's back now. Just follow the rules and it'll all be fine.

Read and study the rules as listed in the Rules thread. You can find a link to the rules at the very top of EVERY PAGE in these forums. A short summary is as follows:
  • You must be and act over 18 years of age.
  • No illegal copying of ANY full copyrighted works.
  • No unrelated adult content, no asking about release dates, and no disobeying the staff members and moderators.
  • Use spoiler warnings/tags.
  • Avatars max 100x100px, non-intrusive, signatures max five lines of text, non-intrusive.
Note that this is only a summary to refresh your memory. Please READ THE RULES THREAD, as you may be banned if you break them.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Re: General Chat resurrected.

Unread postby lolipedofin » June 8th, 2008, 2:04 pm

ArchDemon wrote:Okay, it's back now. Just follow the rules and it'll all be fine.

Read and study the rules as listed in the Rules thread. You can find a link to the rules at the very top of EVERY PAGE in these forums. A short summary is as follows:
  • You must be and act over 18 years of age.
  • No illegal copying of ANY full copyrighted works.
  • No unrelated adult content, no asking about release dates, and no disobeying the staff members and moderators.
  • Use spoiler warnings/tags.
  • Avatars max 100x100px, non-intrusive, signatures max five lines of text, non-intrusive.
Note that this is only a summary to refresh your memory. Please READ THE RULES THREAD, as you may be banned if you break them.

Can i ask more of the details of the rules.

No Warez. Is a doujin mangascan considered warez? Is an anime ripped from TV, not licensed considered warez? Is an anime ripped from TV, but licensed in US considered warez? Is an anime ripped from japanese DVD but the item is not licensed in US (e.g Kara no Kyoukai) considered warez?? How about anime ripped from DVD and also US licensed...??

I'm guessing that the benchmark for Anime foreign licensing is USA, just like how it is treated in the community. Or do you have other standard? How if it's licensed in US but not in the user's country?

For the doujin manga, IF you consider it as warez, that means no linking to the download site right? but how about posting one page of the manga in the forum?? how about providing to a link where you can read it online?

And for, do not act under 18. I assume it means, no nagging, behave like as an adult. Am i right?? And this is completely up to the view taken by the mod, right?

Sorry for having to read this... I just want to make sure, that in the future I'm not the one caught infringing the rule...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Re: General Chat resurrected.

Unread postby ArchDemon » June 8th, 2008, 3:12 pm

No Warez. Is a doujin mangascan considered warez? Is an anime ripped from TV, not licensed considered warez? Is an anime ripped from TV, but licensed in US considered warez? Is an anime ripped from japanese DVD but the item is not licensed in US (e.g Kara no Kyoukai) considered warez?? How about anime ripped from DVD and also US licensed...??

If you do not have permission from the author to distribute the doujin or anime then it is considered warez, regardless of whether it is licensed or not as the original creators hold the copyright to any works that they produce.

I'm guessing that the benchmark for Anime foreign licensing is USA, just like how it is treated in the community. Or do you have other standard? How if it's licensed in US but not in the user's country?

Answered above.

For the doujin manga, IF you consider it as warez, that means no linking to the download site right? but how about posting one page of the manga in the forum?? how about providing to a link where you can read it online?

Quoting a page of the doujin in the forum is okay. Providing a link is only okay if the original artist/author is hosting it on his/her webspace for the public to view. If the doujin is hosted on somebody's webspace without the original artist/author's consent, then it is considered warez.

And for, do not act under 18. I assume it means, no nagging, behave like as an adult. Am i right?? And this is completely up to the view taken by the mod, right?

This basically means behave within reason. No trolling, flaming or a string of replies from the same author. Edit old posts first and only add new replies when necessary.

Sorry for having to read this... I just want to make sure, that in the future I'm not the one caught infringing the rule...

No problem.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby ayadew » June 8th, 2008, 9:04 pm

What are your views on AMV's distributed through upload and/or a streaming site, for example youtube?
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » June 9th, 2008, 8:14 am

ayadew wrote:What are your views on AMV's distributed through upload and/or a streaming site, for example youtube?

Anime music videos are okay since those videos only contain snippets that quote scenes from various anime.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby lolipedofin » June 9th, 2008, 8:55 am

Archdemon wrote:If you do not have permission from the author to distribute the doujin or anime then it is considered warez, regardless of whether it is licensed or not as the original creators hold the copyright to any works that they produce.

Sorry this part is still a bit hard to comprehend for me.

Basically, i should not post a link to download anime, whether it's TV rip or DVD rip, whether it's licensed or not, unless I got permission from the people who produce the anime.

Is my interpretation correct? If it is, i think i should edit my post which include a link to download Kara no Kyoukai movie.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » June 9th, 2008, 9:12 am

lolipedofin wrote:Basically, i should not post a link to download anime, whether it's TV rip or DVD rip, whether it's licensed or not, unless I got permission from the people who produce the anime.

Is my interpretation correct?

Yes. This is the basic principle of copyrights. Nothing may be redistributed without permission, not even the text I am writing here.

lolipedofin wrote:If it is, i think i should edit my post which include a link to download Kara no Kyoukai movie.

Indeed. You could say you're lucky we didn't find it.

Unread postby ArchDemon » June 9th, 2008, 9:25 am

Sorry this part is still a bit hard to comprehend for me.

Basically, i should not post a link to download anime, whether it's TV rip or DVD rip, whether it's licensed or not, unless I got permission from the people who produce the anime.

Is my interpretation correct? If it is, i think i should edit my post which include a link to download Kara no Kyoukai movie.

Yes, that is correct. Unless you have permission from the people who produced the anime or doujin, then it should not be linked anywhere on the forums. However, you can link to anime which is being offered for free by the people who produce it. Such as The Tower of DRUAGA: http://www.druaga-anime.com/english/ which has full subtitled episodes available for free on YouTube: http://jp.youtube.com/user/TTODruagaAE
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby lolipedofin » June 9th, 2008, 10:51 am

Message wrote:Yes. This is the basic principle of copyrights. Nothing may be redistributed without permission, not even the text I am writing here.

I'll be careful when i quote people in the forum then. Wait, is it ok for me to quote this then?

Message wrote:Indeed. You could say you're lucky we didn't find it.

I am lucky indeed, but i already edited the post the moment i've seen your replies. It's actually quite recent, page 12 of "What Anime are you watching now?". After 1 or 2 months of no response from a single mod, including the time this sub-forum went down, i thought i was off the hook, and it was translated by TakaJun nonetheless... But yeah, what matter is i have already removed the link.

Archdemon wrote:Yes, that is correct. Unless you have permission from the people who produced the anime or doujin, then it should not be linked anywhere on the forums. However, you can link to anime which is being offered for free by the people who produce it. Such as The Tower of DRUAGA: http://www.druaga-anime.com/english/ which has full subtitled episodes available for free on YouTube: http://jp.youtube.com/user/TTODruagaAE

Whoa, really?? I never thought that anime producer in Japan could be so open minded already... But if it's only available on youtube, i assume it low in quality. do they sanction fansubbing of this anime that would means better quality?? Uhh, sorry for going offtopic, if you still interested in this discussion, can you post the next one at the appropriate thread

Can i bother you guys with more thing... I was actually trying to give you Archdemon the link to the thread to discuss piracy (i changed it later to discuss about people opinion about fansubbing and the legality of it). But i can't find it... Did you guys deliberately took it down? If so, for what reason? I remember consulting Message before i made the thread, so i thought it was ok. Are there anymore thread you guys took down? if so, could you list it along with the reason (which rule it broke).
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » June 9th, 2008, 11:25 am

lolipedofin wrote:Did you guys deliberately took it down? If so, for what reason? I remember consulting Message before i made the thread, so i thought it was ok. Are there anymore thread you guys took down? if so, could you list it along with the reason (which rule it broke).

It was removed because the discussion was 1) becoming pointless and 2) becoming too warez-oriented. These aren't the boards for such discussions anyway.

Return to General Chat