Why didn't S/He ?! [Spoilers of any kind]

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Why didn't S/He ?! [Spoilers of any kind]

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 31st, 2008, 6:20 pm

We got ourselves times and times again while playing games, reading manga or watching anime.... "Why don't he just kill him", "How come she ends up in that conclusion", "Couldn't he just...."

Yup.... weird, unreasonable, stupid choice or decision that a character came up with.....

List 'em here... all that you remembered... Don't forget to leave comments about them too.... :wink:
Last edited by lolipedofin on May 31st, 2008, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 31st, 2008, 7:42 pm

Just re-read some of my Dragon Ball Manga.... This manga got hefty of stupid decision... but one that i want to point out...

When Goku realize that he can just teleport Cell from Earth before he explode... Why must he wait until the last moment, looking for other alternative which clearly he already got the best solution, taking his time to bid goodbye to his friends and son, then teleport at the dying moment...

He could just teleport Cell, then he got all the time in the world to take Kaiou and the monkey with him and teleport back to Earth !! No one has to die, geez...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phoenician » May 31st, 2008, 7:48 pm

Code Geass, "Why did he think erasing her memory would solve her problems."

She figured it out soon after anyway.
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 31st, 2008, 7:58 pm

Phoenician wrote:Code Geass, "Why did he think erasing her memory would solve her problems."

She figured it out soon after anyway.

And then her memories were rewritten.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raven » May 31st, 2008, 8:38 pm

To put it simple:

1 - To drive the plot
2 - To create unnecessary over the top drama.

I think number two is used a lot, in a lot of anime/mangas, suffice to say if things happen accordingly to logic and common sense, we wouldn't have any story. The best example is I always ask my self "how can a guy can be that oblivious" in any harem type anime.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 31st, 2008, 8:51 pm

Raven wrote:The best example is I always ask my self "how can a guy can be that oblivious" in any harem type anime.

Watch Special A. It's not a harem anime, and the main character is female, but...she's more than just oblivious.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phoenician » June 1st, 2008, 2:13 am

Cat Megex wrote:
Raven wrote:The best example is I always ask my self "how can a guy can be that oblivious" in any harem type anime.

Watch Special A. It's not a harem anime, and the main character is female, but...she's more than just oblivious.

Is that more as in better or more as in going from say Emiya Shirou "smart" to Aihara Takuya "smaft" ("f" IS intentional)
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby Atriel » June 1st, 2008, 2:26 am

I realize a girl liked/likes me about 6 months - 1 year later... (unless she bluntly tells me)
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » June 1st, 2008, 2:36 am

one thing I cannot understand even after the series have ended : harry potter. what did harry do back then : letting wormtail go, does it have some purpose, after all? I see nothing thus far; plot devices, dramatic events, none of them. :?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Sithobi1 » June 1st, 2008, 3:18 am

Wormtail didn't kill Harry right away, and then got killed by his shiny arm...So the moral of the story is, even if someone's shown mercy to you, you should kill him or her right away, instead of hesitating.
Sithobi1
Might just like this board

Unread postby Raitei » June 1st, 2008, 3:38 am

Sithobi1 wrote:Wormtail didn't kill Harry right away, and then got killed by his shiny arm...So the moral of the story is, even if someone's shown mercy to you, you should kill him or her right away, instead of hesitating.
yeah, teach that to the children :lol:

oh, and here's one thing that happens on almost all series ( usually last episode or last part of the movie ) of movies, anime, novels, manga, etc, etc : when the hero is on the verge of death, and the villain is almost triumphant, the villain always manages to put up lengthy conversation, or mock the hero in such a time-consuming manner, allowing the hero to think of something or someone else to save the day and come to the rescue of the hero, don't you think?

one quick example : at the end of live free or die hard, the main bad guy picked up mcclane's body, and pressed his gun against his wound, allowing mcclane to retain his consciousness. and he ( the bad guy ) said something like "what should be written on your gravestone : always at the wrong time, and wrong place.". mcclane replied, "oh yeah? how 'bout... yippie key yay, you mother f....." and he shot both the villain and himself. ( well, the bullet pierced his body and hit the villain's heart )
Last edited by Raitei on June 1st, 2008, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 1st, 2008, 3:54 am

Phoenician wrote:Is that more as in better or more as in going from say Emiya Shirou "smart" to Aihara Takuya "smaft" ("f" IS intentional)

The latter. Although...as thickheaded as she is regarding her own affairs, she's oddly sharp when it comes to other people's. XD

Raitei wrote:oh, and here's one thing that happens on almost all series ( usually last episode or last part of the movie ) of movies, anime, novels, manga, etc, etc : when the hero is on the verge of death, and the villain is almost triumphant, the villain always manages to put up lengthy conversation, or mock the hero in such a time-consuming manner, allowing the hero to think of something or someone else to save the day and come to the rescue of the hero, don't you think?

But see...that's a trope. All card-carrying villains follow that.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » June 1st, 2008, 5:26 am

Raitei wrote:oh, and here's one thing that happens on almost all series ( usually last episode or last part of the movie ) of movies, anime, novels, manga, etc, etc : when the hero is on the verge of death, and the villain is almost triumphant, the villain always manages to put up lengthy conversation, or mock the hero in such a time-consuming manner, allowing the hero to think of something or someone else to save the day and come to the rescue of the hero, don't you think?

one quick example : at the end of live free or die hard, the main bad guy picked up mcclane's body, and pressed his gun against his wound, allowing mcclane to retain his consciousness. and he ( the bad guy ) said something like "what should be written on your gravestone : always at the wrong time, and wrong place.". mcclane replied, "oh yeah? how 'bout... yippie key yay, you mother f....." and he shot both the villain and himself. ( well, the bullet pierced his body and hit the villain's heart )

regarding Die Hard 4, why does he have to point at the chest ?? Can't you just point at his head... or at his chest but from behind?? i still can't understand his idiocy...

Monologuing has always been the funniest moment of all Superheroes movies... i mean... why explain?? Just kill the damn man in red underwear who knot a red towel to his neck... Monologuing was even made fun of at "The Incredibles"
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Return to General Chat