HELLLPP!!

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

HELLLPP!!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 25th, 2008, 11:36 pm

Hallo!
and as you see I have made another topic.

I know, I know.
"What the...another one!??"
"Man give me a break!!"

but this one is really important to me...really.

Does anyone knows how to turn this:

into this:

I am actually making a GN (Graphic Novel. don't worry this one is in german) The script is ready but the images and scenarios are still on paper. Moreover Photoshop is a lot more difficult to use than Paint.( I thought they were the same).

I hope you could help me.
Thank you for your Time

Zwtrvrsch

PD: Should this be at the Tech-forum?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Einherjar » May 26th, 2008, 11:48 am

Well, it would certainly be difficult to find such a person (especially here, since this community isn't really big). Maybe puKKa would help, also he's probably too busy to do that.

Moreover Photoshop is a lot more difficult to use than Paint.

!???
photoshop is easier to use in every single respect except cpu usage, which my pc lack.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 26th, 2008, 12:42 pm

Einherjar wrote:Well, it would certainly be difficult to find such a person (especially here, since this community isn't really big). Maybe puKKa would help, also he's probably too busy to do that.

Moreover Photoshop is a lot more difficult to use than Paint.

!???
photoshop is easier to use in every single respect except cpu usage, which my pc lack.

Thank you. Also Pukka is the one...

PD: Photoshop isn't easy at all!!
There are no cut and paste.
There are a lot of things like "Levels" and that "slice" option I don't get at all.
The eraser can'tchange its size.

It is just difficult.
And the Tutorials I have found on the web aren't any help.
put some images darn!!
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raitei » May 26th, 2008, 12:55 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:PD: Photoshop isn't easy at all!!
There are a lot of things like "Levels" and that "slice" option I don't get at all.

It is just difficult.
put some images darn!!
wha?? that's weird; I only need one hour (yeah, approximately one hour of autodidact) to get through all the basics. (cropping = slicing, resizing, shading, etc, etc...) :P
it's far more convenient, if not more user-friendly than MS Paint. :P

example : "cutting" the image is called "cropping". if you are aiming for a specific object in the picture, it's called "extracting".

to resize the image, just use the edit tab in the menu bar. to change eraser size, select the eraser by clicking the button, and use the eraser toolbar below the menu bar ( file, edit, etc, etc... )

ps : I don't recommend using photoshop web help. just use whatever help is available in the program itself; it's a lot easier.

oh, and as a sidenote, I use photoshop version 7.0. I know, it's not the latest version, but it's what available to me atm, so... yeah :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 26th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Raitei wrote:

It is just difficult.
put some images darn!!
wha?? that's weird; I only need one hour (yeah, approximately one hour of autodidact) to get through all the basics. (cropping = slicing, resizing, shading, etc, etc...) :P

example : "cutting" the image is called "cropping". if you are aiming for a specific object in the picture, it's called "extracting".

to resize the image, just use the edit tab in the menu bar. to change eraser size, select the eraser by clicking the button, and use the eraser toolbar below the menu bar ( file, edit, etc, etc... )

ps : I don't recommend using photoshop web help. just use whatever help is available in the program itself; it's a lot easier.

oh, and as a sidenote, I use photoshop version 7.0. I know, it's not the latest version, but it's what available to me atm, so... yeah :P

:shock: Wow...
well I will try it...
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raitei » May 26th, 2008, 1:45 pm

oh yeah, I don't mean to boast (well, what to boast with only this level of skill? :P), but with photoshop, I'm capable of doing this after one hour of autodidact :

and this :D :
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 26th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Raitei wrote:oh yeah, I don't mean to boast (well, what to boast with only this level of skill? :P), but with photoshop, I'm capable of doing this after one hour of autodidact :

and this :D :

Raitei join me!! Together shall we rule over the world!!!
or at least send me a few shots of you doing something like that (well not you but your computers screen) please!!!!
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raitei » May 26th, 2008, 2:10 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:Raitei join me!! Together shall we rule over the world!!!
or at least send me a few shots of you doing something like that (well not you but your computers screen) please!!!!
hmm? well, how 'bout the .psd file instead?
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynl1d4glwxi
as you can see. I extracted the picture from the original card picture, replaced some of the texts with my own, and made it frame 1. next, I cut the image of saber which I would use for the main image, and copied it to the same frame, and merged them. well, not really "merging", as I just place the card frame over the saber picture.

anyway, I bet many people here can do simple thing like that; you just need to try several times and you'll also be able to do it. I guarantee it ;)
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 26th, 2008, 2:21 pm

Raitei wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:Raitei join me!! Together shall we rule over the world!!!
hmm? well, how 'bout the .psd file instead?
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynl1d4glwxi
as you can see. I extracted the picture from the original card picture, replaced some of the texts with my own, and made it frame 1. next, I cut the image of saber which I would use for the main image, and copied it to the same frame, and merged them. well, not really "merging", as I just place the card frame over the saber picture.

anyway, I bet many people here can do simple thing like that; you just need to try several times and you'll also be able to do it. I guarantee it ;)

Ho ho!!!
I get it now...a little.
Thanks. I owe you one.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 26th, 2008, 2:27 pm

Wew... I'm totally clueless when it comes down to this stuffs...

I'm a total shame when it came to art... be it on paper, canvas, or pc...

I'm no better than Terry trying to take a penalty when it comes down to photoshop... so big admiration to anyone out there that manage to pull it off....

@ Raitei: Autodidact in 1 hour?! Die please...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » May 26th, 2008, 2:35 pm

lolipedofin wrote:@ Raitei: Autodidact in 1 hour?! Die please...
uh, what? I mean, just the basics, the basics! :lol:
like cropping, extracting, resizing, etc, etc.. as I have said :lol:
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 26th, 2008, 3:13 pm

lolipedofin wrote:Wew... I'm totally clueless when it comes down to this stuffs...

I'm a total shame when it came to art... be it on paper, canvas, or pc...

I'm no better than Terry trying to take a penalty when it comes down to photoshop... so big admiration to anyone out there that manage to pull it off....

@ Raitei: Autodidact in 1 hour?! Die please...

Canvas...?
isn't it an Anime?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 26th, 2008, 3:29 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:Canvas...?
isn't it an Anime?

lol... no.

It is a media for drawing. Most painting you see hanged on a wall, is drawn on canvas. If you picture someone holding a brushin the right hand, and a pallete of paint in left hand, with a mangaka-like hat, with 'something' square and white in front of him, supported with something like a tripod... that 'something' is canvas....

The title of the anime you mentioned is a reference to the canvas for painting, as the anime kinda revolve around the main chara who is a talented artist. And on a side note, the anime is based on eroge 8) ^^d
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » May 26th, 2008, 5:08 pm

It is just difficult.
put some images darn!!

It's not that you can't do thing, it's that you don't know how. And layers are awesome.

Be a little bit more patient when you're reading the tutorials.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Kiraiya » May 26th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Photoshop took a while before i could really get to use it. All you need is some patience and a good sense of curiosity. I found out alot about photoshop and how to use just by randomly using tools and testing what each one of them did. Just take some pictures and just do stuff randomly. After a while you'll be able to see what each thing does then when you read the tutorials you'll understand them better.
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby idontknoW » May 26th, 2008, 5:36 pm

Raitei wrote:
It is just difficult.
put some images darn!!

file, edit, etc, etc... )

all i have to say is:
just have fun. experiment. spend time messing with photoshop. you'll appreciate it and once you do, you already know the basics.

well, that's how I learned it anyway.
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » May 26th, 2008, 8:14 pm

idontknoW wrote:all i have to say is:
just have fun. experiment. spend time messing with photoshop. you'll appreciate it and once you do, you already know the basics.
well, that's how I learned it anyway.

Is that really the best idea??? The many functions are very complicated and can easily be misunderstood... Not that it's bad, but don't encourage people to do that >_>
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 26th, 2008, 8:18 pm

Well....
I'd say you have to first dominate the layers, then brushes (you CAN change theirs sizes and a LOT of other stuff). But what you have to do is just play with that thing, after you get more or less what do the mystery tools to your left and right do you'll be able to understand a lot of the tutorials. It takes TIME and PATIENCE, something that I lack...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Einherjar » May 26th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Which is ironic since tutorials are supposed to help you with basics.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 26th, 2008, 8:43 pm

Einherjar wrote:Which is ironic since tutorials are supposed to help you with basics.

Hmmm... well, there ARE basics tutorials, but most of the ones that I have encountered need for the user to have certain level of knowledge of 'shopping. I found them when I didn't really need them any more and when I went through a bit of them I did get some stuff that wasn't all to clear to me but most of them resulted in me going through stuff that I already knew.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Next

Return to General Chat