HELLLPP!!

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 31st, 2008, 5:05 pm

lolipedofin wrote:School Days is actually based on a VN... The VN itself is unique as it use full (somewhat) animation and text, unlike usual VN...

I don't think it's in any way reasonable or rational.... It's bordering on impossible to relate myself to Makoto and the decision he made... even after the idiotic choices he made the tragic repercussions can still be handled if only he got a little speck of something people called brain.

School days is an anime about an Idiot who lives happy and dies like a dog.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Phoenician » May 31st, 2008, 7:52 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:
lolipedofin wrote:School Days is actually based on a VN... The VN itself is unique as it use full (somewhat) animation and text, unlike usual VN...

I don't think it's in any way reasonable or rational.... It's bordering on impossible to relate myself to Makoto and the decision he made... even after the idiotic choices he made the tragic repercussions can still be handled if only he got a little speck of something people called brain.

Well said, my question is, if the ANIME is made for a younger audience, why is it MORE violent than the VN
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 31st, 2008, 8:10 pm

Phoenician wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:

Well said, my question is, if the ANIME is made for a younger audience, why is it MORE violent than the VN

Good question.

Because it was made for the people who alredy had played the VN, not for a younger audience.
My god! if they had inteded to, they would have to remake the whole story without Violence or "Sex"
but I think School days without violence isn't school days anymore.

EDIT: Another Question.
What would you think of a VN whose main Character was black? (Not the girl but the man)
I had been wondering for a while. "What if Shik had been a 2-meter tall black guy who could see dead instead of a japanese young boy who can see dead?"

A little like this:

He is the other main character in my story. (joan) :D
I think He and Sahra make the perfect couple.
Last edited by zweiterversuch on May 31st, 2008, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 31st, 2008, 8:50 pm

Well... It'll be normal boring hi-school drama....

And are u sure the anime more violence than the anime?? have you even played the VN?? There's a lot more psychotic deaths in the VN
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 31st, 2008, 10:00 pm

Sheeeeait.... I'm starting to want to "play" the game just to see why everyone says it's so friggin' freaky. I read about the ending of the School Days anime and I was like "WHAT?!!". It was pretty surprising to me to see that very moe-looking characters would be portrayed in a very bizarre way! By the looks of it I was expecting it to be a boring high-school drama, I now know I misjudged it, perhaps I'll give it a chance...

zweiterversuch wrote:Another Question.
What would you think of a VN whose main Character was black? (Not the girl but the man)
I had been wondering for a while. "What if Shik had been a 2-meter tall black guy who could see dead instead of a japanese young boy who can see dead?"

A little like this:

He is the other main character in my story. (joan) :D
I think He and Sahra make the perfect couple.

Well, you have to take into account that Tsukihime was meant for japanese audiences so they had to put a japanese kid in the main role. Japanese writers tend to put japanese guys/girls in the main character's role. Whites tend to put white guys in the same position, and if the main guy is a black guy it sometimes is a blaxploitation film... The same happens with latinos and such. I find that to be very, VERY annoying and sometimes even angers me, so to see a "race-blender" is a plus for me. But 2-meter tall dudes would be kind of odd... perhaps you should rethink the stature.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 31st, 2008, 10:14 pm

Is 2 meters too much?

1,80 maybe?...
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » May 31st, 2008, 10:26 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:Is 2 meters too much?

1,80 maybe?...

Well... maybe. It's not MY story, so I can't tell you what to do or what not to do, it's just that a 2 meter tall guy is a bit too much and would stand out a lot in the crowd. You could take into account that basketball players are around that height and they tend to be humongous dudes. If part of your story is that the guy stands out a lot from the rest of the people around him the 2 meters perhaps would be a choice, else I'd recommend changing it a bit. Something that you might find important is that very tall men or women tend (not always) to react a bit slowlier and clumsier than smaller people, so if you want your character to be fast paced you may want to shorten him a bit. At any rate, it's your choice.

Say, why don't you put a fragment of the story somewhere around here to check it out? It's making me curious what kind of story it may be.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 31st, 2008, 11:15 pm

abscess wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:Is 2 meters too much?

1,80 maybe?...

Well... maybe. It's not MY story, so I can't tell you what to do or what not to do, it's just that a 2 meter tall guy is a bit too much and would stand out a lot in the crowd. You could take into account that basketball players are around that height and they tend to be humongous dudes. If part of your story is that the guy stands out a lot from the rest of the people around him the 2 meters perhaps would be a choice, else I'd recommend changing it a bit. Something that you might find important is that very tall men or women tend (not always) to react a bit slowlier and clumsier than smaller people, so if you want your character to be fast paced you may want to shorten him a bit. At any rate, it's your choice.

Say, why don't you put a fragment of the story somewhere around here to check it out? It's making me curious what kind of story it may be.

Well I know it is my story but proportions aren't my thing.

I will post then the Prolog of my story.
It will take some time. It is in german so I have to translate it.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 9th, 2008, 11:07 am

I can't believe it.

It is alive!!
Alive!!!
ALIVE!!!
HA HA HA
*mad scientist*

Now. Lets resume.
I won't post the prolog since my english sucks (it sucks really) but here is a briefing. I hope you would give me your opinion.

Well, it is the story of Sahra a girl who has a normal life in a little city until one day she meets a boy who begins to follow her. Tired of this she ask him then why but the boy tells her he must have taken for someone else and stop following her. The day after she finds the young man again and punch him in the face. One of her best friend gets pissed since she knows him and takes the young man to the enfermary. Sahra feels guilty and goes too. She tries to explain to her friend but she doesn't hear and ask her why did she always follow her. Sahra says they are friends but the girl says she doesn't even know her and that she only talked to her because she was always there but not because she was a friend. Confused Sahra tries to tell her her name in order to help her to remember but She doesn't know it either. Then Sahra goes crazy and push her down the stairs. Some people come to see Nury (the friend) who lay severly injured. Sahra tells them it was a mistake but as Nury they get pissed and don't seem to know her. Sahra flees and goes to her house but the only thing she finds is an old building then she tries to stay in the house of some friends but they don't know her either.
Devasted Sahra goes to a little park where she cries for some hours (or minutes, I don't know if you can cry for hours) The young boy arrives and itroduce himself as Joan who tells her that Nury was had lost one of her eyes and had broken one of her arms. Sahra ask him what he wanted, Joan tells her that she should at least apologize to her and pay her treatment in the hospital. Sahra tell him she has no home, no family, no friends and therefore no money but if he wanted she could jump into the river to atone for what she had done. He tells her is wasn't necesary and takes her to his house where he tells her, she should find a job and pay for it while she lives with him. Because it is the only person who at least tries to help her she accepts.
Some days later she finds a job and thanks to some connections of Joan, she is able to go to school again.

Thats the beginning.
but I must say something:
Joan is 18 and Nury is 17 I only say boy and girl because I don't know another word for it and "teenager" is too weird for me.
There is some connection between Sahra and Joan.
This story is about bad people. All of them are anti-heroes and it is full of pain and traumas and all that wicked stuff but at the same time of happy moments and friendship and all that stuff.

The Title is: VBeso, it isn't bad to be bad.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 21st, 2008, 7:43 pm

I don't know if someone still sees this thread but if someone does I have a little request:

Are you a compositor?
Have you wrote a song you would like to show to the world?
Well, let me help you.
I am now lacking bGM for this project and although I have aready found some songs and BGM the main ones are still missing.
I can't offer money or something of the like, only your name below the well known "Special Thanks to:" in the credits with big, big, reallllyy big, letters and the complete game (once it is finished).
Think of it, this could be the beginning of a new Akira Yamaoka.

The main scenes are ten.
VBeso/Kuiss (kiss)
Vbicio/Sucht (addiction)
Diosa/Goettin. (Goddess)
Lados/Seiten. ( Sides)
Maldad/Boesartigkeit (Evil)
Bien/Wohl (Good)
Secreto/Geheimnis (Secret)
Posecion mutua = amor?/Gegenseitiger Besitz= Liebe? (mutual ownership = Love?)
Miedo/Angst (fear).
Burbujas/Luftblassen (air bubbles).

If you have some song you think would be good for the scene post it or send it. The scenes are pretty much what the name says so there is no need to post the scenes as well.

Thank you for helping me.
Zweiterversuch.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Previous

Return to General Chat