HELLLPP!!

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 26th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Einherjar wrote:Which is ironic since tutorials are supposed to help you with basics.

Yeah but I mean the Tutorial is good but lacks images so I don't know how did he do that or where the pfluck that command came from.
things like that.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » May 26th, 2008, 8:56 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:
Einherjar wrote:Which is ironic since tutorials are supposed to help you with basics.

Yeah but I mean the Tutorial is good but lacks images so I don't know how did he do that or where the pfluck that command came from.
things like that.

Well. In a VERY quick search online I found this. Since you didn't say what photoshop version you are using (or I don't remember) I searched for the one Raitei mentioned. So, here it is. Hope it helps.
http://www.arraich.com/ps6_tips_basics1.htm
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 26th, 2008, 9:15 pm

abscess wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:

things like that.

Well. In a VERY quick search online I found this. Since you didn't say what photoshop version you are using (or I don't remember) I searched for the one Raitei mentioned. So, here it is. Hope it helps.
http://www.arraich.com/ps6_tips_basics1.htm

Wow thank you...

Now With all the help you have given to me I can surely make a nice work.

Pd:
I am already working with Ren'py ( the most easy graphic novel engine that I have ever seen) but there are a few things I don't get.

1) this: ## The color of an idle widget face.
widget = "#F5D4EE",

The code is a color, right? I want to change it but I don't know the code for the color green...or another color.

2) If someone has made a GN (Graphic Novel) with ren'py could you tell me how to solve this problem.

$ e = Character('Eileen', color="#c8ffc8")

Thats how you declare the Characters, isn't it?
So why everytime I do that an error appears saying "identity missmatch"

3) (the last one) Why does the next text appear before the last one fades?...
HAve I done something wrong?

PD: YOu are talking with a man who doesn't know what memory ram is...
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby LimStift » May 27th, 2008, 5:59 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:Pd:
I am already working with Ren'py ( the most easy graphic novel engine that I have ever seen) but there are a few things I don't get.

1) this: ## The color of an idle widget face.
widget = "#F5D4EE",

The code is a color, right? I want to change it but I don't know the code for the color green...or another color.

Yes, that is a color. The first pair(F5) is the amount of red, the next pair(D4) is the amount of green and the last(EE) the amount of blue.
You want to take a look at a site like this: http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm or just google hexadecimal color values.

You can also pick the colors in photoshop like this:
You will see three values, my chosen color would be #D4E3F1

zweiterversuch wrote:2) If someone has made a GN (Graphic Novel) with ren'py could you tell me how to solve this problem.

$ e = Character('Eileen', color="#c8ffc8")

Thats how you declare the Characters, isn't it?
So why everytime I do that an error appears saying "identity missmatch"

The first tutorial you should read is: http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/tut ... Quickstart and after that: http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/tut ... b_Tutorial to get the hang of things. Your problem is probably an easy one, so you should be able to figure it out yourself if you put enough time into it. The only way to get really good at stuff like this is if you really spend a lot of time with it yourself, there is no shortcut. If you stick to it, you will probably be able to make magic in a few month's time. :)

zweiterversuch wrote:3) (the last one) Why does the next text appear before the last one fades?...
HAve I done something wrong?

PD: YOu are talking with a man who doesn't know what memory ram is...

If you have made your way through the tutorials, I think you will be able to solve this problem.

Good luck!
LimStift
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 27th, 2008, 10:02 pm

OHHH I think I am getting a little better.

Thank you guys... :D
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Einherjar » May 28th, 2008, 4:27 pm

How could you get the eye colour wrong...
Anyways, it's not that bad, a bit crude, maybe you should check up more on similar and blur functions.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 28th, 2008, 7:44 pm

Einherjar wrote:How could you get the eye colour wrong...
Anyways, it's not that bad, a bit crude, maybe you should check up more on similar and blur functions.

Eye colour?...Ohhh right!
They have green-red eyes..sorry.
I will keep it in mind by the Next time.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » May 28th, 2008, 8:57 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:OHHH I think I am getting a little better.

It's quite a nice start, but I would suggest not to use gradients that much. Also, on the belly she looks she's got some... "love-handles", if you know what I mean :? .
Other than that, you seem to be understanding the basics now! congratulations!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 29th, 2008, 6:04 am

abscess wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:OHHH I think I am getting a little better.

It's quite a nice start, but I would suggest not to use gradients that much. Also, on the belly she looks she's got some... "love-handles", if you know what I mean :? .
Other than that, you seem to be understanding the basics now! congratulations!

"Love-...handles...?" what in heavens name is that?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » May 29th, 2008, 6:51 am

zweiterversuch wrote:"Love-...handles...?" what in heavens name is that?

Hmmm.... it's a bit hard for me to explain. I can't find the right translation from my language to english. I even looked for it on an online-dictionary and all I got was that term, for gods'-sakes...!!
Hmm... you see, in her stomach-region she seems, to me at least, that some flesh is protruding outwards with the shading that you used. Like that fleshy... skin... that shows up when someone wears a really tight garment that isn't really their size. It's more visible when (gawd... I really am trying not to sound offensive here...) fat people wear something that is much smaller, therefore those "fatrolls" are much more visible, but in my language the word I was trying to use does not reffer only to fatrolls and is not quite offensive..... I hope I'm being intelligible here because I feel I'm just typing random crap here!
Fuck... I REALLY need to read more to learn how to express myself correctly in a foreign language....
abscess

Unread postby Phoenician » May 29th, 2008, 8:46 am

abscess wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:"Love-...handles...?" what in heavens name is that?

Hmmm.... it's a bit hard for me to explain. I can't find the right translation from my language to english. I even looked for it on an online-dictionary and all I got was that term, for gods'-sakes...!!
Hmm... you see, in her stomach-region she seems, to me at least, that some flesh is protruding outwards with the shading that you used. Like that fleshy... skin... that shows up when someone wears a really tight garment that isn't really their size. It's more visible when (gawd... I really am trying not to sound offensive here...) fat people wear something that is much smaller, therefore those "fatrolls" are much more visible, but in my language the word I was trying to use does not reffer only to fatrolls and is not quite offensive..... I hope I'm being intelligible here because I feel I'm just typing random crap here!
Fuck... I REALLY need to read more to learn how to express myself correctly in a foreign language....

Translation: She looks like she has more cushion for the pushin'
edit:
it's a reference to where you hold on to during doggystyle
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 29th, 2008, 8:57 am

Just wanna ask the obvious... that's Suiseiseki right???

Why does everyone head over heels over that "desu-desu" ??? Hina-Ichigo and Shinku needs more love...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 29th, 2008, 10:17 am

lolipedofin wrote:Just wanna ask the obvious... that's Suiseiseki right???

Why does everyone head over heels over that "desu-desu" ??? Hina-Ichigo and Shinku needs more love...

Well thats the only image I had in white. The other from Suigitou and Kana had color.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 30th, 2008, 11:30 pm

I have a question.

What makes for you a VN attractive?
I mean what must have a VN in order to match your tastes?
Answer Please.
I have the script but I think it lacks something. (The game. THe plot is great!!)
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Phoenician » May 31st, 2008, 2:40 am

to me a VN needs a more intelligent than average main character, average being like say, Shirou, who fails at critical thinking at every turn despite being given so many hints (i.e. Sakura), however I make an exception for Fate cause Sakura is hot.

But I digress, it needs a strong story, relatively free of errors in logic (if it's in its own world it has to maintain its own internal logic).
The story has to be in media res (In the middle of things), I don't want to start a story from scratch with hollow undeveloped characters who are extremely dynamic, simple/flat characters annoy me and that doesn't even make sense unless the characters are all children (The Legend of Zorro movie would be an example), and it detracts from the ability to tell a story about them if they have to become complex during the exposition as opposed to starting that way, thankfully nowadays most stories are that way, ever since the Odyssey but some slip past anyway, if a game came out with all Shirou-like characters I'd have to kill the Scenario Writer (Shirou isn't necessarily simple, but until the War, he's entirely static since childhood, so he might as well have been a child, I understand that it's important to the story developing how it does but it still irks me).
There has to be conflict, it's not a story without conflict, just look at a plot diagram. >^_^There has to be affection, and by the end, love.
(True Ending of Bible Black even had love, and that game was fucked UP)

As for specific content it can't have, I'm pretty flexible, and I don't mind the content of Black Lilith games, or Black Cyc, which is to say, I can enjoy something with Guro, Rape, Death, Yuri (but not Yaoi, I can admit a guy is attractive but I won't sleep with him so i can't follow a story where "I" would), but not scat or such or eroticized dismemberment, or rape gratia rapis, if any dark-themed content is included, there has to be a story-driven reason for it, a GOOD story-driven reason (which is why I'm more of a fan of Black Cyc and Type-Moon than Black Lilith or Tinkerbell, although Rinkan Club has its merits... sort of (Maki is HOT)).
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 31st, 2008, 3:41 am

Amazing...
Even in my wildest dreams I wouldn't have expect such an answer.
Thank you.

But I must ask.
In Bible Black...
Doesn't the bad woman and the girl exchange bodies before the end, what means that the one who died was in reality the good one?

EDIT. I forgot to ask.
I am actually drawing the Character for the VN but I don't have a scanner; I have a Digi camera instead, so I thought.
"Well lelts take them a picture and then with Photoshop I make a PNG image"
Now I ask. What is better. Scanner or Camera?

More EDIT:
Here some Images to compare.

8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » May 31st, 2008, 4:30 am

What Phoenician said was pretty complete. Main flat characters aren't attractive, if you have one try to make it change through the story-line. For me the story doesn't necessarily has to have a conflict. A good example are slice of life kind of stories, and an exaple of that is Azumangah Daioh, which is pretty popular and well liked. If you want to have a conflict you can present it two ways, or present it in the first "act" or "chapter" or whatever and give the solution to said conflict an important part of the plot, another one is to let the characters develop until they reach that conflict. Both ways have their pros and cons, so you should think about them when writing the story, wether you want your plot be character-driven or "conflict"-driven.

Getting back to the characters, it is of utmost importance that when some character changes he/she/it doesn't change to become something stupidly different from what the original was unless there is some viable and logical reason behind that change.

If you are writing a dark story, be it about vampires, monsters, ghosts, demons, etc. or a detective-like one where the characters are human or a blend of them OR something completely different, I think that you should put from tiem to time a light joke here and there just to break the pace a little and let the reader/gamer get a breather. A game that I consider a very good example is Snatcher, be it for SegaCD, PSX, Sega Saturn, PC Engine.... although a bit dated, you should give it try, it's a bit short but it's a very good example of how an adventure-novel should be, that and the story kicks ASS!!! a must-play in my book.

For me a relationship that starts as affection doesn't necessarily has to develop into love, you could split both characters apart or develop it into that kind of relationship and then split them apart for some reason, be it the death of one or they just didn't care that much for one another.

If you want to put some sex-scenes I'm kind of open to some, not most, of the stuff out there, BUT make SURE that if you choose to do that, put some thought into the reason why the characters are actually engaging into it, not just some crap like:
-Oh hello [name], I just met you yesterday. Wanna fuck?
-Sure!
or
-I just invoked a demon with a thousand cocks, let's get sexed-up NAO!
-sURE!
Just to get this out, I'm not into guro, snuff, yaoi, forced sex, scat, futanari.... well I think that's all.

zweiterversuch wrote:More EDIT:
Here some Images to compare.

[/quote]
I can't really tell which one is scanned and which one is a photo....
By the way, is she supposed to be Akiha or something??
abscess

Unread postby Phoenician » May 31st, 2008, 4:57 am

zweiterversuch wrote:Amazing...
Even in my wildest dreams I wouldn't have expect such an answer.
Thank you.

But I must ask.
In Bible Black...
Doesn't the bad woman and the girl exchange bodies before the end, what means that the one who died was in reality the good one?

She dies b4 finishing transfer in the True Ending, but it takes either MANY tries and saves to figure out, or a walkthrough (which I refuse to use unless I can't read choices or I've beaten it and am redoing it later)

abscess wrote:What Phoenician said was pretty complete. Main flat characters aren't attractive, if you have one try to make it change through the story-line. For me the story doesn't necessarily has to have a conflict. A good example are slice of life kind of stories, and an exaple of that is Azumangah Daioh, which is pretty popular and well liked. If you want to have a conflict you can present it two ways, or present it in the first "act" or "chapter" or whatever and give the solution to said conflict an important part of the plot, another one is to let the characters develop until they reach that conflict. Both ways have their pros and cons, so you should think about them when writing the story, wether you want your plot be character-driven or "conflict"-driven.

Oh, I didn't mean open conflict, I mean the general sense of some sort of tension, most character-driven still have between-member tension, although Azumanga happens to be one where I can't honestly tell what's going on in their heads. Slice of life even have everyday troubles, and while each may be simple it's still a daily tension, maybe conflict is too strong a word in the given connotation this forum brings with all the battles and death of a game like Fate tho.

as for your other statements... hmm affection not becoming love or a separation occuring... it depends on why, like any aspect of a VN the why is important, like... School Days which is the darkest VN I've seen that didn't involve cults or magic of some sort, and the Anime is even more so, although the entire time it tries to act like a slice of life mixed with renai, as for bringing up School Days, there really doesn't seem to be logic behind the tragic arcs, which I'd imagine would be why they are so hard to get (I was reading the translation forum for it) and they detract from the story not because of the tragedy, but the senselessness of the tragedy, in the ordinary setting, these events are extraordinary, and therefore break the role-playing that VN tend to invoke in the reader
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 31st, 2008, 3:23 pm

Ohhh... so that happens in BB...

I will keep your tips in mind.

@Abscess she wasn't supposed to look like Akiha. She is basen on my girlfriend's body but I think they really look alike. Akiha und Sahra. (Sahra is the name of the Character.)

and All the images I posted are actualy Photos, as I said I don't have a scanner.

@Phoenician. School days is actually a VN? I thought it was only an anime.
I really never get it but I think it is at the same time a little rasonable ifyou think that it is fiction.

I must say I will use the Final Fantasy method to tell the Story so I am sure everybod will like it.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 31st, 2008, 4:44 pm

School Days is actually based on a VN... The VN itself is unique as it use full (somewhat) animation and text, unlike usual VN...

I don't think it's in any way reasonable or rational.... It's bordering on impossible to relate myself to Makoto and the decision he made... even after the idiotic choices he made the tragic repercussions can still be handled if only he got a little speck of something people called brain.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat