wii/games/discussions/ratings.. blah blah

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

wii/games/discussions/ratings.. blah blah

Unread postby pchunter » May 12th, 2008, 2:29 am

There may be spoilers here, so just in case be careful (please use spoiler tags.)

hah. First off, lets just say this is for the wii lovers. Yes, yes i know that there are a lot people that may not like it (so please refrain from saying "wii sux0rz and iz for da n00bz *runs away*")
Yea, so i had a wii for like 2 months now.. and the games i have is Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Wii sports (of course), Wii play, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Discuss what games you had, what you thought about it, how long it took for you to beat it, and what your rating is.

Wii Sports/Play:
I guess these games were worth it (considering that sports was free and play was about $1 per game). There is not much, but it helps one to get used to the controls? Also for wii sports, lawl, i know im not the most physically fit person, nor am i fat, but really.. 5 straight rounds of each the sport can tire anyone out. After i woke up in the morning my arms were so sore. ( Dx i know, sad but true).

my rating: sports- 7/10
play- 3/10

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn:
This game is sorta like chess i guess... and i likes chess... but the game sorta dragged on. While the short movies were nice, after a while of reading the plot, i got sorta bored and i just play for the games, ignoring the storyline. Unlike Zelda, i had to use a lot of different guides here, to figure out the strengths and weaknesses, secret items, building up characters.. blah blah. In a total of 5 times, I actually lost and had to start all over. This game took a long time, because after a while, you are just doing the same thing again and again. But when you start playing again, it becomes addicting (i dont think i made sense there). Lawl, i has a weak spot for the pink-haired peagasus girl :3, i thinks her name was marcia. The total time it took me to beat the game (including when my periodic long brakes) was 3 weeks.

my rating: 8.5/10

Zelda Twilight Princess:
Wow. wowowow. This is one of the must need games if you have the wii. The graphics were incredible (i have a compound cable thingy), the battle scenes were incredible, the fights were incredible, the plot layout was incredible, the puzzles were incredible, the whole fucking game was incredible. I love the music, and i love the good ending, that every game should have. This is one of the greatest games in my opinion. I spent total of 1 week playing w/o any guides, so i guess thats okay. My two favorite battle/battle scenes was the last stage fighting the last boss, and also the desert map, where you have to rely of the spinny thing a lot. Although the characters were really ugly :P and also that there were corny scenes and movements, I love this game.

my rating: 9.6/10

Super Smash Bros Brawl:
This is also another must needed game for the wii. But it is sorta over rated. If you play by yourself, it is not fun, but if you play with other people, then it quickly becomes one of the best games to waste your time on. For the story mode, it was a bit confusing and repetitive at first, but the story line is interesting and kept me on the storyline. It has many fun side activities and the best part is taht you can play online. (btw, i own everyone with zelda and marth :3)

my rating: 9.3/10
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atriel » May 12th, 2008, 2:50 am

Wii Sports.- Fun fun. With other people of course... alone it ain't so good. I won't rate this one.

Zelda.- Yeah, really good. I still prefer Ocarina of Time though. What do i like about this one...? Better question would be what i do not. (Nothing)

Smash Brothers Brawl.- Amazing too. Again, with other people to play with. The only thing that bugs me is that Samus is way weaker now. There is Zero Suit... but i have yet to use her enough.

I want to play both Fire Emblems (the one for GC and the one for Wii) but when i look for them i NEVER find them. Fucking gamestores. I loved the GBA ones so i know what i'll be getting.

Metroid 3.-
It's good. On par with Metroi Prime 1, but this one is better simply because of the gameplay. It's nice that you actually get to aim at the enemies yourself. Woot! Wiimote. I liked the ending, and the other bounty hunters.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby puKKa » May 12th, 2008, 8:23 am

Wii
So, a next gen console w/o HD nor a good CD-format. Annoying controls in some games, unaccurate in most. Generally you have Mario games and crap but also a few good titles like Metroid and Resident but nothign that really brings me on. A fun party machine for a while then it just dies, think I'd rather go with a PS3.

Btw, peach owns.

5.1/10
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby -[J1N]- » May 12th, 2008, 8:30 am

Well the only game I've really played in Wii is Super Smash Brothers Brawl as well, so let's rate that

Overall, it's was a really great game. I've never been too influenced by any of the Mario franchise games (they were still fun, of course) but this game really got me interested. I have no idea what the differences are between the original and brawl, but I had a great time playing it. Though it got a bit of getting used to (with my friends not showing any mercy at all), once I got adapted to the gameplay this game really stands out.

If you're gonna start on this game, I recommend you get someone to teach you how to play slowly. There are plenty of useful tips that newbies should know, including how to get back into the stage (I have yet to master that) and the usefulness of grabs. If you start off just playing your pro friend who shows no mercy, then this game will turn out to be 'horribly stupid' (was how I thought of this game @ first).

There are really nice extras in the game, plenty of 'trophy's to unlock which adds to the longevity of the game, and of course
The hilarious in-game Snake transmission conversations

Definitely a game to try on the Wii.

Overall: 9.1
Sound: 9
Gameplay: 8.8
Enjoyment: 9.2
Characters: 9.4
Longevity: 9

Just for those who're wondering, I use Mario, Ganonorf and Ike. Still learning the basics though =P
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » May 12th, 2008, 9:21 pm

Okami 9/10

Technically a port but overall it still good. It's definitely more colorful on the Wii than it was on the ps2.

No More Heroes 8.5/10

Good game over all. But the waggling gets old. The story was ok and free roaming was just sad.

Brawl 9/10

Good multiplayer game. Subspace is disappointing.

Baroque 8/10

Confusing as hell but good.

The Wii overall is not for hardcore gamers. I would've got a PS3 but then again how often would I play it? Is it money well spent? All depends on what kind of gamer you are and how much time do you have.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » May 13th, 2008, 10:42 am

puKKa wrote:Wii
So, a next gen console w/o HD nor a good CD-format. Annoying controls in some games, unaccurate in most. Generally you have Mario games and crap but also a few good titles like Metroid and Resident but nothign that really brings me on. A fun party machine for a while then it just dies, think I'd rather go with a PS3.

Btw, peach owns.

5.1/10

^This it deserves that 5 for having a gamecube zelda and the .1 for the rest of the trash :P
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » May 13th, 2008, 6:36 pm

puKKa wrote:Wii

Btw, peach owns.

5.1/10

seconded all of it....except the peach statement :roll:
and the fact that i already own a ps3 :P (anyone playing NFS Prostreet online now?)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » May 14th, 2008, 3:58 am

I bought my Wii on launch day. I have less than 150 hours on it. I own TP, Excite Truck, MP3:C, SSBB.
I bought my PSP 7 months ago. I have over 600 hours on it. I own Daxter (came with it, fucking hate it), Jeanne D'Arc, Tekken: DR, CV:DXC, MHF2, GoW:CoO

But honestly I don't play games too much anymore, which is sad considering I've been gaming longer than some of you have been alive.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » May 14th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:I bought my Wii on launch day. I have less than 150 hours on it. I own TP, Excite Truck, MP3:C, SSBB.
I bought my PSP 7 months ago. I have over 600 hours on it. I own Daxter (came with it, fucking hate it), Jeanne D'Arc, Tekken: DR, CV:DXC, MHF2, GoW:CoO

But honestly I don't play games too much anymore, which is sad considering I've been gaming longer than some of you have been alive.

That's nothing. I bought mine in December... I have less than 2 hours on it. I swear I never get around to playing it. My DS lite on the other hand has like... well I'm playing it right now.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » May 15th, 2008, 6:37 am

You count your hours playing <_
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby miszou » May 15th, 2008, 9:16 am

Atriel wrote:You count your hours playing <_

Actually, the wii can count them for you :P

As for a review of the wii, its a great thing to entertain my flatmates who don't game often, they enjoy wii tennis en mario kart :3 The wii might lack some serious games, but if you don't have much time to game anyway its enough I guess. And VC and wiiware are things that I can honestly enjoy. Cheap simple games often beat the expensive fancy looking games in gameplay anyway ^^ The DS is still the far superior one with games of the two, but time might do something about, I mean even the PS3 will be worth buying in a while :3 (Take in to account that the PS3 is faaaaar more expensive in europe then in the uS!!!! )
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » May 16th, 2008, 12:22 am

Actually, the wii can count them for you

AMAGAD!! Da teknologies!

I just power the things on and play :lol:

The only reason( s ) for me to consider wasting $600 in a PS3, would be if it gives me a blowjob while i play (and when i don't), prepares breakfast for me, takes care of the house, go shopping for groceries and cleans the toilet. Then again, i'm not a money person.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby fireb0rn » May 17th, 2008, 4:48 am

Brawl is fun, but it:
- is extremely slow
- forces use of the shield (shield comes out too fast, stops you from being able to punish your opponent for making a stupid move)
- has extremely easy to perform techniques (airdodging, wavethrowing, RARing, shorthopping, sweetspotting, recovery in general)
- has tripping
- is very RPS oriented with character balance to the point where character choice almost always > skill
- some characters are very easy to play effectively (snake: shield -> ftilt, pit: arrow spam -> sideB, rob: edgeguard -> B, etc)
- lacks comboability (due to stupid fast shield and airdodge spam)
- nerfed captain falcon and ganon

great for a casual gamer, but not so good for anyone who is competitive with it. and honestly the only game I've ever bought for the Wii that I thought was worth it is Brawl, but even it isn't the greatest in the series. still worth buying though either way.
fireb0rn
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » May 17th, 2008, 5:58 am

Most of what you said makes me think about any fighting game i have ever played.

And how come i can still combo?

(Tripping is stupid and annoying though)
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby fireb0rn » May 17th, 2008, 6:15 am

Atriel wrote:Most of what you said makes me think about any fighting game i have ever played.

And how come i can still combo?

(Tripping is stupid and annoying though)

ever played melee? lol :P

and if you combo, I dunno. personally whenever I'm about to get combo'd I just airdodge, shield or DI out of it easily.
fireb0rn
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » May 17th, 2008, 6:38 am

I played it a lot, but i didn't own it =(

and if you combo, I dunno. personally whenever I'm about to get combo'd I just airdodge, shield or DI out of it easily.

Try feinting, it's useful. Of course it depends on your character, comboing with say... Sheik is so damn easy. Maybe you won't believe me but i can combo a bit with Ike too <.<, amongst others.

The thing is that you probably expected an upgraded Melee, but the game dynamics were changed.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Return to General Chat