Awesome in-game music.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Atriel » May 11th, 2008, 4:52 am

Damn, i'll play it again just for the heck of it. I liked Twilight's soundtrack too, very nice. As always from Zelda games. (I just remembered that fight you said... holy fuck, it's awesome, you are underwater kicking ass and then ride the bitch and own her even more)

Now that you mention epic fights, how cool was the final fight against Ganondorf. That was so fucking good.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » May 11th, 2008, 5:00 am

Fuck yeah, although when it got to the part where you're supposed to reinact the whole "CATCH THAT DAMN GOAT" mini game, except this time with a big fucking pig monster, it took me a while to figure out that you were supposed to do that. But yeah...then there was the 1v1, swords only, Final Destination match. That was just cool. Not crazy, not awesome, just fucking cool.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » May 11th, 2008, 11:15 pm

F-Zero!!! (the SNES original and X's ones)

and goddamn... LIBERI FATALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (FF VIII) was a cute 12-yr old when i heard that for the first time, i dont think i will recover from that shok ever.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » May 12th, 2008, 4:24 am

I just remebered Illusion Of Gaia (Or Illusion of Time, same game) for the SNES. It has some awesome tunes too. Really good ones actually. And the game itself is really cool too, a gem. I feel like playing it again now...

By the way Chunky, who's that chick in your avatar? I can't help but like her boobies :lol: .I'd say her face too, but i can't really see it.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » June 27th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Cough.
Bump.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby rubberchicken » June 27th, 2008, 9:14 pm

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne has some of the best tunes that I've heard in a while (minus a couple of clunkers). Listen to the World Map or Forced Battle themes and tell me it doesn't get you in the mood to kill stuff.
rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 27th, 2008, 10:29 pm

Final Fantasy VII. If only because of the final boss music. (But not only because of that, of course; I mean, Nobuo Uematsu is a damn good composer.)

Of course, the version from Advent Children is, in my opinion, a whole lot better. (It's like the difference between something that's really great, and something that's AWESOME.)
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » June 27th, 2008, 11:23 pm

Gitaroo Man, Okami, Castlevania's, FF's (except XII :P), Digital Devil Saga 2, God Of War, and I could go on and on >_>

Currently listening to the music on the dissidia site that opened up and it sounds EPIC. Cant wait for the game ^_^
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Serpentarius » June 27th, 2008, 11:38 pm

I'd rate FFIX's music most highly. VII was close, X had some memorable tracks, XII was sort of dull. Plenty of other good ones have already been mentioned.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Fuck yeah, although when it got to the part where you're supposed to reinact the whole "CATCH THAT DAMN GOAT" mini game, except this time with a big fucking pig monster, it took me a while to figure out that you were supposed to do that. But yeah...then there was the 1v1, swords only, Final Destination match. That was just cool. Not crazy, not awesome, just fucking cool.
What!? D: My biggest problem with that game was that it was so damn easy. Could've beaten the thing in my sleep - the fights just weren't entertaining, I had to just keep playing for the story. Seriously, I think the game was designed for toddlers with Parkinson's disease or something.
Serpentarius
Might just like this board

Unread postby Atriel » June 28th, 2008, 2:30 am

The thing is that he wasn't talking about it being hard or easy.

+1 to FFVII soundtrack. Also FF III/VI (Unless i said theses already and can't remember.)
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 28th, 2008, 3:47 am

Oh, yeah, FFVIII, too. Listening to "Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec" right now....
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » June 28th, 2008, 4:05 am

I think... Megaman Zero 4 have some nice Soundtracks >_>
Loved Megaman X all the way back too...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 29th, 2008, 12:02 am

Einherjar wrote:I think... Megaman Zero 4 have some nice Soundtracks >_>

megaman x's and zero's are pretty good, that little "metalized" touch is amazing, X5 fight vs Zero and Zero3 fight vs OmegaZero are classics 8)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 29th, 2008, 12:23 am

Catastrophe wrote:

megaman x's and zero's are pretty good, that little "metalized" touch is amazing, X5 fight vs Zero and Zero3 fight vs OmegaZero are classics 8)

Omega Zero...?
didn't...
Zero die in megaman x5? If I remember it well half of his body got destroyed and "X" keeps his sword.
The last image was something like:

X runs with Zero's sword in his hands while a bunch of unknown robots say something in japanese:
"Get him!! He stole his sword, maybe his wallet too!"
(what a thief.)
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raitei » June 29th, 2008, 12:27 am

zweiterversuch wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:

Omega Zero...?
didn't...
Zero die in megaman x5? If I remember it well half of his body got destroyed and "X" keeps his sword.
The last image was something like:

X runs with Zero's sword in his hands while a bunch of unknown robots say something in japanese:
"Get him!! He stole his sword, maybe his wallet too!"
(what a thief.)
he's talking about the megaman zero 3 fight, where zero fought against omega who took his real body. setting of megaman zero was several centuries after megaman x, if memory serves.

and zero didn't die in megaman x 5; he was resurrected (by himself) in megaman x 6.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 29th, 2008, 1:02 am

Raitei wrote:
he's talking about the megaman zero 3 fight, where zero fought against omega who took his real body. setting of megaman zero was several centuries after megaman x, if memory serves.

and zero didn't die in megaman x 5; he was resurrected (by himself) in megaman x 6.[/quote]

Ohhh! I get it. What a surprise, there is more after Megaman x6 I thought that was the last one. Hopefully it has a happy ending, something like:

"Zero, I have missed you."
"Ohh X... *kiss* "
Wait wrong one!!

that aside the best songs ever are "Dance of illusions- last boss. Dracula X super snes" When I heared that song I thought:
...Wow...I am gonna die.

and the famous "Frog's song. Chrono trigger super snes" I can't get tired of it.
Du du du ddu dud du Du du DU du...Frog's song.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Atriel » June 29th, 2008, 3:01 am

All of Chrono Trigger's kick ass. :lol:
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » July 1st, 2008, 5:52 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:So do I (although I still say MM is FAR better, but that's just my own subjective view), but it doesn't make my eyes watery. Now, when I hear Libera Me From Hell, then I get tears goin', but still.

What did you think of the OoT Medley in Brawl? I just LOVE how it climaxes with the Lost Woods theme, which is one of my favorite songs from all of the Zelda series (right after the Song of Storms and Gerudo Valley).

EDIT: Hah, I see you edited your last post, you sly bastard :wink:

Jeez its the same thing for me every time I hear Libera Me From Hell. It's just so damn inspiring and epic. I'm new to the forums joined about 15 min ago :P. Btw, who is the character in your avatar? I've been wondering for the longest time.

Oh the Touhou games also have awesome music, especially with all the different rearrangements out there.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Previous

Return to General Chat