Is there a yuri Visual novel [in english]

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Is there a yuri Visual novel [in english]

Unread postby ppleswad » May 8th, 2008, 6:09 pm

Just like in the subject and I'm interested only in games with translations? . I just start to play in VN. So I wonder is there a VN game with only girls ?? something like "Strawberry Panic" anime. Do you know any titles??
ppleswad
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » May 8th, 2008, 9:24 pm

I'm afraid there don't seem to be any pure yuri titles. The only shoujo ai title that was translated (A Midsummer Day's Resonance) is a bit of a cop-out too.

I haven't come across any translated shoujo ai VNs. :( As the Visual Novel market (as small as it is already) is dominated by males, all games containing female/female all have elements of futanari, harem (with the main male character that you take the POV of), gender bender (lol X-change), and so on and so forth, just to ensure the male character can somehow relate to the story.

The only yuri VN that I've ever come across is Safizumu no Gensou ("Sapphic Porthole", or so I've been told; also frequently referred to as 'Lesbian Cruise'). Untranslated, I'm afraid. Lotta nice CGs out there, though. Maybe it'll work with AGTH?
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AddleBoy » May 8th, 2008, 9:32 pm

I know at least two yuri-centric visual novels, but they aren't translated.... :(
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby haderach » May 9th, 2008, 6:30 pm

It's more rpg than vn but I think Lightning warrior raidy is all yuri (not sure 'cause I haven't played it yet)
haderach
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atriel » May 9th, 2008, 6:58 pm

Oh yeah, i read something about that. If i recall correctly, it's about some girl that can use lightning, but that's pretty much out of the scene since it's about her getting it on with some monster girls. Don't know if there's an actual story, or just some random sex scenes.

I can't rememeber if it's in english... google it.

I personally think girl on girl gets boring, but that's just me. :P
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » May 9th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Lightning Warrior Raidy got released in English just recently.

...I haven't noticed any Yuri scenes.

...it's not really a Visual Novel.

Well, you start the game, get an awesome CG and three choices. You save and click one, thinking you'll move onto the next scene. You don't. You keep clicking the choices until you exhaust all the possible things Raidy could think/say, and only then do you go into the tower.

...and then you get shown crappy graphics as you navigate through the tower. =.=;; As in, click the arrows to move left/right/forwards/backwards. Hidden treasure chests in some rooms (if you walk over the square it's in, it'll pop up a message saying you found a treasure chest and XYZ was in there).
At random times - just like in Final Fantasy - monsters will pop up. All of them are female, scantily clad, and are rendered into vulnerable positions when you 'kill' them (there are four buttons you push during fights: Attack, defend, potions, lightning). If you get enough EXP, you level up. =.=;;

Apparently the bosses give you better CGs, and is where the girl on girl action comes in. IMHO, it's just scantily clad woman fighting scantily clad females cosplaying as various animals.

I'll try and find my way through the maze of a tower later. @_@
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » May 10th, 2008, 12:50 am

Oh, i see. If it gets fun at all let me know.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Miraploy » May 10th, 2008, 1:02 am

Atriel wrote:Oh, i see. If it gets fun at all let me know.

It does not. POS that gives eroges a bad name.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » May 10th, 2008, 1:43 am

Miraploy wrote:
Atriel wrote:Oh, i see. If it gets fun at all let me know.

It does not. POS that gives eroges a bad name.

Hey hey.. That's alittle harsh right?

I mean come on.. I hav not played it either... But give those guys a break... I heard that it even got a Raidy 2. So they must have done something right..

Besides.. I guess its unfair to call Raidy a VN game, considering most (in fact, all?) of us here are VN fans.. Its like trying to sell apples to people who loves only oranges...

I think it might be along the line of Brave Soul..

Just show some support to the translation group, there are just to little of these VN games being translated to english...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » May 10th, 2008, 2:09 am

inferno_flamex wrote:I mean come on.. I hav not played it either... But give those guys a break... I heard that it even got a Raidy 2. So they must have done something right..

The only bit they got right was the CGs. :P The game mechanics annoy me... I'd rather play pokemon than fight those random monsters that pop out at you.

It's not entirely enjoyable, but hey, it could look up whenever I manage to get myself out of the tower, and the story actually moves on... But that's going to take forever. ><
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ppleswad » May 10th, 2008, 5:44 am

Thanks for help :D . I was hopeing there is something like that but. now I will look for VN with good harem end I think :P
ppleswad
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby inferno_flamex » May 12th, 2008, 2:53 am

AlinSabel wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:I mean come on.. I hav not played it either... But give those guys a break... I heard that it even got a Raidy 2. So they must have done something right..

The only bit they got right was the CGs. :P The game mechanics annoy me... I'd rather play pokemon than fight those random monsters that pop out at you.

It's not entirely enjoyable, but hey, it could look up whenever I manage to get myself out of the tower, and the story actually moves on... But that's going to take forever. ><

Ummm... I heard that the tower is the game..

As in.. all the story happened in the tower...

Meaning.. That if you ever were to 'get yourself out of the tower'... You would already complete the game..

ppleswad wrote:Thanks for help . I was hopeing there is something like that but. now I will look for VN with good harem end I think

I think the game called... The sagara family has a comprehensive harem end.. Im not entirely sure. Never played it till the end.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » May 12th, 2008, 6:24 am

inferno_flamex wrote:Ummm... I heard that the tower is the game..

As in.. all the story happened in the tower...

Meaning.. That if you ever were to 'get yourself out of the tower'... You would already complete the game..

Damn... Ah well. In that case, when I get... somewhere that isn't the maze. =.= Or something.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Return to General Chat