Anime endings that ticked you off

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Raven » May 20th, 2008, 8:53 am

Ok, I'm on the market again for summer anime festive.

I'm looking at Clannad, Kanon, Shuffle!, and Air. But I need get one thing clear first: what kind of endings do they have?

No spoiler please: so just tell me if they fall in any of these endings without explanation.

- Happy Ending.
- Sad Ending.
- Bittersweet Ending.

Thanks!!
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kiirnodel » May 20th, 2008, 10:19 am

Raven wrote:Ok, I'm on the market again for summer anime festive.

I'm looking at Clannad, Kanon, Shuffle!, and Air. But I need get one thing clear first: what kind of endings do they have?

No spoiler please: so just tell me if they fall in any of these endings without explanation.

- Happy Ending.
- Sad Ending.
- Bittersweet Ending.

Thanks!!

I can't answer for Clannad or Shuffle!, but personally I rather enjoyed both Air and Kanon.
Some people don't like to know about the ending in any way beforehand, therefore your answer is in spoiler tags, still no explanation:
Air's ending is rather sad, but at the same time sort of happy, so I guess ?Bittersweet?
Kanon ends pretty much Happy.

Be warned, both Air and Kanon are rather emotional Dramas so if you don't like the strain, or don't like Dramas, well avoid, I guess...

Also, Air's 13th episode is completely recap, just so you know, that way you aren't expecting anything out of it ;P
Kiirnodel
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Maes » May 20th, 2008, 10:32 am

Clannad:

Kanon:
Overall it ends on a happy note, BUT...

:cry: :cry: Makoto :cry: :cry:

Air:
Sad, but you're missing out if you don't watch it imo

Shuffle!:
I'd say it falls into the "happy" category.

Psycho-Kaede scares me!

Also: Shuffle! Memories is 11 episodes of recap with a couple new scenes, and is broken down according to girl, pretty much a waste of time to watch after watching the regular series, however episode 12 is not a recap but fanservice galore.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 21st, 2008, 6:58 am

Clannad: Happy

Kanon: Dunno (got the anime, haven't watched it yet)

Air: Not finished watching yet..

Shuffle! : Well... in term of story and the ending solitarily, you might group this in the "Happy Ending" category. It's depend on people i guess. To me i categorized the ending as "Sad" or "I hate this anime" or "What The Fuck?!" . I guess plotwise, the whole anime and how the ending imply to all character, you might call this "bittersweet", although "bitterhappy" fit into the equation more..
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raven » May 22nd, 2008, 3:11 am

Just finished Shakugan no Shana second.

I have always hate Kazumi for several reason, more specific that her appearance add too much of what I considered un-needed way, and I find her character irritating.

But damn, the ending makes me feel sorry. Boy, that's harsh :?
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby SeruraRenge » May 23rd, 2008, 11:29 am

Didn't the author of the Trinity Blood novels die before he finished the story? Can we really fault it then?

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:I personally think that Gainax is going to pull a Higurashi on us, in that Rebuild takes place after EoE. Proof (or theory):

1. Red Streak on the moon (scene with Kowaru with Moon Lillith).
2. Moon Lillith showing either scars or healing wounds on key points of her body where Lillith Rei fell apart in EoE.
2. Kowaru saying "the Third again? You never change, do you?" and preknowing Shinji's name.

Other things possibly explained:

1. The previously NEVER explained occurence of the Ghost Rei in episode 1 of the series while Shinji awaits Misato, as well as in the first part of Rebuild 1. It's happend multiple times... she may be a remnant of a past Lillith Rei.
2. "The prophecies and predictions" (possible the Dead Sea scolls mentioned in the anime) are just past accounts of this event happening over and over.

Not my ideas, though. /a/ gets credit.

That makes it sound like the movies are gonna end up telling the story of ReTake.

I mean, it was a really good story, considering it was a doujin, but I doubt they'd ever pull from it. ReTake left more "wait....wut?" feelings at the end than even End of Eva did.
SeruraRenge
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Phlebas » May 23rd, 2008, 1:46 pm

ReTake was tons better than all the official endings put together, not a chance rebuild will be as good. Sad but true :D.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Miraploy » May 24th, 2008, 12:21 am

Kare Kano. It was less the 'ending' than the entire second half of the series. Director quit and they ran out of money or something.

Pretty sad since the beginning was awesome.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raven » May 29th, 2008, 8:20 am

Well, some more question about endings:

Is the ending in Gunslinger Girl Happy, Sad, BitterSweet? Again, no explanation please.

I know I'm sounding like a sissy for asking, but for the past few months I have been hit very hard (about 80% of the anime I watched) by tear jerking endings so ... I have enough, and opt to stay clear from this kind of ending in a good while..

I love the ending in Clannad, so any recommendation of a similar one is welcome (note that I already watch Kanon).

I don't really like the ambiguous type of of ending like the one in Shuffle, but I think it's concrete enough for me, as long as it's clear who the protagonist choose.

Also, is the ending of Dacoba the second season is really concrete or another "wait for the next season" kind of thing? The ending of the first season is just wayyyyyy too ambiguous for my liking.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Phoenician » May 29th, 2008, 9:00 am

School Days
Bloody Nightmare, indeed

Bible Black (hentai)
THAT'S NOT EVEN POSSIBLE IN THE FUCKING GAME

Discipline (hentai)
Oh so much sperm, reality marble in his testicles?

Inuyasha,
'nuff said

Tsukihime
Didn't like the way it developed, and I don't like Ending #1: Tsukihime in game either

Fate/Stay Night
PICK A ROUTE AND STICK TO IT

Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball... etc...
Let a sleeping Saiya-jin lie...

Utawarerumono
SO MANY discrepancies from game, so much neglect of the original plot, so little character development, although I like that they added the rotten food part as a special, so funny (is it wrong to criticize literary features and then laugh at a diarrhea joke?)

that and any anime that translates Anija, Aneja, Oniichan/san, Oneechan/san into "Brother" or "Sister" they "translate" into the same thing but they don't "mean" the same thing, don't pretend like they do!!

Edit: at some point I think I might have lost the topic, but, shoganai-ne?
Edit2: Kanon=happy
True Ayu Ending
Air=...err... blah ending? I'd say normal but it's just so boring, I guess it would fall closer to sad as previously stated tho,
shuffle=happy..ish
I wanted kaede or primula!
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby Phlebas » May 29th, 2008, 2:38 pm

I'd say Gunslinger Girl was bittersweet, but that's just my lingering expression, been quite a while since I saw it. Don't think the ending is any sadder than the series overall at least.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raven » May 30th, 2008, 3:27 am

anymore input on Gunslinger Girl?

I already know the first season has a sad ending, what about the second season?
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » June 19th, 2008, 11:10 am

Hmm anime endings that really ticked me off ... Nothing really comes to mind except Death Note

Starts off like a really cool anime. Halfway through it becomes way too annoying. Why the hell were people still suspecting Light. Jeez give a guy a break even after over 6 years >_>

Anyways why did they have to kill him off. What was wrong with letting him succeed? Jeez a guy kills off some bad guys and oh noes its immoral to do so. They didnt realize how much the crime had lessened ... This works so well in countries like Saudi Arabia but nooo we have to follow the white mans socities rules and killing criminals is soo wrong *rolls eyes*

Errm I aint that bad but just the animes ending kinda pissed me because it was not like Light was evil or anything ...
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » July 1st, 2008, 6:07 am

I wouldn't say it ticked my off but it was irritating; the ending of Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid.

I just wished that Chidori or Sousuke would tell the other that they love him/her. The other thing is when Tessa said she loved Sousuke he totally doesn't hear her. Now I know it was supposed to be funny, but it does get irritating cause you want Sousuke to know how she felt.

Chrono Crusade
Jesus Christ could you get a more sad ending to a show. I couldn't stop crying and I just felt awful for like the whole week afterwards. I just didn't want any of those characters to die.

Death Note
Man talk about going downhill. IMHO, the show should have ended with about two or three episodes after L's death or something. I really didn't want Light to die or at least have the show end the way it did.

Pilot Candidate
Holy crap. I thought this show was pretty decent and it was just getting to get really good and then BAM! No more episodes. That pissed me off.

Elfen Lied
I just wished it was more accurate on who the person at the door was in the end. It could be Nyu, Lucy, or Nyu and Lucy fused. I'm reading the manga so maybe it'll tell me there.

DearS
Wow I really disliked the ending for this show. It was just so BLEH of an ending and it ended up with Takeya accepting being Ren's master. The show was cute but it ended bad.

I guess that's enough ^^;
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 1st, 2008, 11:43 pm

Phoenician wrote:
Tsukihime
Didn't like the way it developed, and I don't like Ending #1: Tsukihime in game either

THERE IS NO TSUKIHIME ANIME (well, ya know, you should at least say "Shingetsutan Tsukihime" or something. Taboo)
*Insert your there is no tsukhime anime pic here*

When I first finished Fate/Stay Night anime (that's even before reading the visual novel, which is almost a year ago) I tried to convince myself that this is not canon and there's gotta be a sequal to it, which turned out to be false in the end. At least they made that so called Saber Good end, although it made no sense whatsoever.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 2nd, 2008, 12:25 am

Einherjar wrote:
At least they made that so called Saber Good end, although it made no sense whatsoever.

...Huh? Are you referring to the thing from Realta Nua?
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 2nd, 2008, 1:12 am

Of course it's from Realta Nua, where else would there be one? Even though it's as bad as fan-fic, it's the only so called "good end" in existence
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » July 2nd, 2008, 5:07 am

Einherjar wrote:
Of course it's from Realta Nua, where else would there be one? Even though it's as bad as fan-fic, it's the only so called "good end" in existence

Uuuhm.... I'm a noob at this F/SN stuff... so, UBW and HF ain't a continuation to Fate? Just a "Yes" or "No" answer is enough, please no spoiler :)
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby AlinSabel » July 2nd, 2008, 5:14 am

They're not. Alternate paths, they are.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to General Chat