Anime endings that ticked you off

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Anime endings that ticked you off

Unread postby skullreken » May 7th, 2008, 9:30 pm

we've all come across animes that were great
then because of tight budgets or a lack of manga meterial or just bad writing had rushed sucky endings
so which animes endings ticked you off?

for me two stand out

1. Berserk
It had such a cool story line that built up to a massive confrontation
then just as I'm think this is it I'm gonna see an epic battle here it ended
We see Guts bloodied with his eye gouged out after cutting off his own arm to
get to Femto the two of them stare at each other episode over
I go to dl the next one and I'm like WTF? that was the last ever episode???!!!

on the plus side it got me into the manga which rules

2. Evangellion tv series
This was one of the prime examples of the budget restrictions ruining an anime
instead of explaining how instrumentality occured out of nowhere we have Shinji trapped in his mind
facing his demons to join the single unified concious it was so sudden and random
I haddent got a clue what was going on
all I can say is thenk god they made the movie and explained most of it
kanu fanboy and proud of it!
skullreken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby puKKa » May 7th, 2008, 9:52 pm

Trinity Blood
So, I liked the series. Felt like a better version of Trigun with vampires since the protoganist actually killed people.
Anyhow, we get to the end and the great fight ends. Not much is explained about the krsniks past except some small stuff. The bad guy dosnt die, what really happend during the series never was of much importance since it just continued..
Good thing the books are being translated so I can get more cause I really liked the setting and characters.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby AddleBoy » May 8th, 2008, 12:34 am

Gantz
I mean, they ended the series without even telling if Kei would survive or not. I'm not sure why they ended it that way; whether it was a budget problem or not, but I ended up just reading the manga after that.
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ciel » May 8th, 2008, 6:04 am

I think gantz ended the way it ended because they were still in the middle/early parts of the dino mission when the anime reached that point, and they didn't know what to do with it so they invented some stuff. Just like when they added the whole Incognito crap into the Hellsing anime because there was nothing after that point, which both annoyed me because the quality of the anime dropped significantly.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Maes » May 8th, 2008, 6:54 am

It's funny because the following are some of my favorite series, even though I thought the endings weren't on par with the rest of the series.

Code Geass. Cliffhangers irritate me. A lot.

Death Note.
After L died it just went downhill pretty badly.

Juuni Kokuki. Because it doesn't have a damn ending :x

Mai-HiME
Everything being all happy and everyone's OK just pissed me off after everything that had happened in the latter half of the series

Claymore
'DEEBEEZEE!' sequences and the only word I can really describe it as is 'terribad'

I'm probably leaving some out, but those are the ones I can think of right now.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby idontknoW » May 8th, 2008, 8:55 am

Groove Adventure RAVE
cause it was cut off! I want to know what happened after that desert!

Welcome to the NHK
manga was confusing, probably just me. anime was soooo not the same with the manga.

Fate/stay night (not really)
cause I wanted UBW!!! as if that would happen

Busou Renkin
oh come on. it ended THAT way? sucks. i was expecting something grand
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 8th, 2008, 9:58 am

Meh, we're talking about endings so there is bound to be spoilers around.... can Skullreken gave a spoiler tag to the thread, please.

I agree on Mai-Hime, I thought it was going to be an awesome heart-wrenching ending... gonna be an epic, hell, it ended in a karaoke box..!!! not that much difference in Otome either... though it's a tad bit more realistic.

As for Rave, yeah... i was so pissed with the ending... thanks God they publish the manga in Indonesia.

Code Geass, surely you can come up with something less cruel to end a season...?? My heart was in my throat, then they suddenly come up with to be continued, It's the same feeling as watching the end of Matrix:Reloaded.

One of the ending i hate the most was Shuffle!
Why?? Why Asa's path??

To top it off, all the girls were still all over Rin... There's a limit on how much you wanna please an otaku with an anime.... :?
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby idontknoW » May 8th, 2008, 12:43 pm

lolipedofin wrote:Meh, we're talking about endings so there is bound to be spoilers around.... can Skullreken gave a spoiler tag to the thread, please.
One of the ending i hate the most was Shuffle!
Why?? Why Asa's path??

To top it off, all the girls were still all over Rin... There's a limit on how much you wanna please an otaku with an anime.... :?

on the spoiler tag thing, yeah. but I suggest people to place spoiler tags on their posts regardless on this topic cause there are a lot of anime out there and most people only know some anime listed here. you know, so that they'll see just the parts that they know they can and not on some of these.

seconded with the Shuffle! one. although it was surprising because of that.
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 8th, 2008, 1:20 pm

About Shuffle!
D'oh... not surprised.... flabbergasted!! Sorry, for Asa's fan, me myself actually liked Sia-chan and Primula (hello, "lolipedofin", anyone?? :D ) But i think it is given that they should end the anime with Rin and Kaede as couple.

That's what i thought when i first watched this kind of anime, Da Capo for example, always, end it with the girl that's already living together with the main chara for whatever reason it is. At least the fans of other girls will feel alright, but this?? Asa out of the blue?? i don't even see it coming!! What's the point of Sia-chan backing down halfway through the series then??? Might as well snatch him out of the blue, Rin seems to liked her at that point anyway... This ending actually made me sympathize with Kaede... poor girl has to went through schizophrenic moments.

Hmm... i think i have more anime's ending that i hate... in fact, i have more endings that i hated than the one i liked.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » May 8th, 2008, 1:34 pm

The legendary SLAM DUNK!

I heard it from a friend that it too just cut off from an anime... They want people to buy the manga.. Which is something that i dont plan to do since its just gonna collect dust after im done reading it...

So no Slam Dunk continuation for me...

Unless someone wants to ship/borrow me their collection of Slam Dunk manga *Cough*Lolipedo*Cough*Rai*Cough*... Ehem... I promise to take good care of it... XDDD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 8th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Huh?? "Cut off from an anime" ?? do you mean it's based on an anime with the same titles (which i don't understand why would anyone do that?? :lol: ), cut off midway, not finishing the anime properly midway through and have people read the manga instead, or totally based on the manga.

If 1st, Then it's obviously not.

2nd, It was properly ended, in fact, it went further than the manga, up to the point where Sakuragi finished the recuperation and rehabilitation from the injury and rejoined Shohoku.

3rd, yup, it's totally based on the manga.

Borrow? ship?? do you understand Indonesian?? cause mine are in Indonesian....

Ohh... you understand the language?? well... ok, ask raitei, cause i'm not giving up mine... ;p. :lol:
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » May 8th, 2008, 2:15 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:The legendary SLAM DUNK!

I heard it from a friend that it too just cut off from an anime... They want people to buy the manga.. Which is something that i dont plan to do since its just gonna collect dust after im done reading it...

So no Slam Dunk continuation for me...

Unless someone wants to ship/borrow me their collection of Slam Dunk manga *Cough*Lolipedo*Cough*Rai*Cough*... Ehem... I promise to take good care of it... XDDD
edit : objective completed. there's no need for it to stay posted any longer :lol:
Last edited by Raitei on May 9th, 2008, 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby inferno_flamex » May 8th, 2008, 2:34 pm

*Post Edited*

Yes yes.. Mission Complete...

Thanks alot anyway.. XD
Last edited by inferno_flamex on May 9th, 2008, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Tearmorph » May 8th, 2008, 2:56 pm

Ghost Hound
In the end, everything just goes super fast and suddenly everybody is united and helping each other out and BAM! happy ending. Great way to end a horror series...
Close The World...txeN ehT nepO
Tearmorph
Might just like this board

Unread postby skullreken » May 8th, 2008, 10:21 pm

Maes wrote:Claymore
'DEEBEEZEE!' sequences and the only word I can really describe it as is 'terribad'

Amen to that
I also thought that the fight against prcilla was pathetic esspecially incomparison to the one against rigardo
pricilla should have been way more powerful the form clair used to beat her in the anime
is the form she had to use against rigardo in the manga
kanu fanboy and proud of it!
skullreken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Maes » May 8th, 2008, 10:49 pm

lolipedofin wrote:About Shuffle!
D'oh... not surprised.... flabbergasted!! Sorry, for Asa's fan, me myself actually liked Sia-chan and Primula (hello, "lolipedofin", anyone?? :D ) But i think it is given that they should end the anime with Rin and Kaede as couple.

That's what i thought when i first watched this kind of anime, Da Capo for example, always, end it with the girl that's already living together with the main chara for whatever reason it is. At least the fans of other girls will feel alright, but this?? Asa out of the blue?? i don't even see it coming!! What's the point of Sia-chan backing down halfway through the series then??? Might as well snatch him out of the blue, Rin seems to liked her at that point anyway... This ending actually made me sympathize with Kaede... poor girl has to went through schizophrenic moments.

Hmm... i think i have more anime's ending that i hate... in fact, i have more endings that i hated than the one i liked.

As much as I liked Asa(by far my favorite of any girl in Shuffle) I do agree that it should've ended with Rin+Kaede. And with Da Capo, I absolutely adored Kotori, but Nemu was fine too.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby pchunter » May 9th, 2008, 1:28 am

Maes wrote:It's funny because the following are some of my favorite series, even though I thought the endings weren't on par with the rest of the series.

Code Geass. Cliffhangers irritate me. A lot.

Death Note.
After L died it just went downhill pretty badly.

lawl, yea well for code geass R2 is making it up...(zomfg end of ep 5 is like WTF!?!?!?)
(code geass never fails in surprising me)

and seriously death note had the WORST ending...

they frikken killed off almost every single character lets see... who did they decide to finish off?

Yagami Light,
L,
Misa Amane and her Shinigami (though u dont really see it),
Mello (N's brother),
Soichiro Yagame (Light's dad),
Hirokazu Ukita (one of the first cops to die),
Kiyomi Takada (the girl reporter),
Watari (L's assistant),
Naomi Misora and Raye Penber (the two FBI couples)...

wtf is that.

but excluding the last episode, death note is a pretty good anime.
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 9th, 2008, 3:32 am

Raitei, Inferno... Edit your posts (inferno, your quote from Raitei)!! I'll miss you two should you guys get banned....

It's good that Message hasn't been around much lately... but you never know... He might be lurking around the corner... :twisted:

I remember someone here, iclim4 if i remember it correctly, he got warning for giving a link to a doujin manga

@Maes:
Yea... I love Kotori too....But i'm ok with the ending, because it's the appropriate one... and Nemu is not all that bad.
What never fail to amuse me though, is the fact that Asa first laid his eyes on Rin, because she saw how attentive and caring Rin is to Kaede. And Asa will probably never get to know Rin, if Kaede never join the cooking club, the one she joined for reason of pleasing Rin... talk about ironic.

@Pchunter: We all know that Code Geass R2 will come out, we all know that the ending is only for season 1. But puh-leeze, Gundam 00 can at least come up with a more proper ending... it still draw excitement and curiosity, you don't need to make the battle of Setsuna and Graham to be cut off in the middle and then show, "to be continued" do you?? The feeling after watching that ending was the worst.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » May 9th, 2008, 6:53 pm

lolipedofin wrote:Gundam 00 can at least come up with a more proper ending... it still draw excitement and curiosity, you don't need to make the battle of Setsuna and Graham to be cut off in the middle and then show, "to be continued" do you?? The feeling after watching that ending was the worst.

Pff.. Dont fret mate...

That series 'ended' as it is.. Because a new season gonna start soon. Suppossedly its gonna be a 4months wait, while the story takes place 4years later...
I remember reading about it somewhere...

But that's the thing.. I dont exactly remember where.. so there might be changes to it..
And there's also the thing that i read this BEFORE Gundam 00 season 1 completed... I think i read it when its around the middle of Feb. So since it already ended.. There is still a chance that a delay might happen...

From the way i see it.. The 'to be continued'.. is planned even before the series was aired..
THAT or the artists realised that they begin to notice that the anime series is catching up to them for them to draw properly...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 9th, 2008, 7:09 pm

It was pre-determined even before the 1st episode aired....

And, yea... i know that it's only the 1st season, that's why i compare it to the ending of Code Geass 1st season... ;D

Both series are actually taking the same time-slot... So,, by the end of Code Geass R2, Gundam 00 will immediately air again.... except, of course.. if code geass will undergo another few months hiatus for the last 2 episodes...

Gundam 00, kinda surprised me... although it is still halfway through... the 1st season ending satisfy me... something that none of it's predecessors done to me. Both GS and GSD are especially has poor ending in my eyes, just hoping that the movie will be different this time.

Gotta admit though... the ending was heart-breaking, though it only went as far as making me teary... i'm not expecting this series to produce such a finale, a very stark contrast to GS series which ended pretty much "happy ending".
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to General Chat