Seeking VN recommendations

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Phlebas » May 26th, 2008, 6:17 am

Handy site though it lists tons of non-VN games as well.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » May 26th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Miraploy wrote:Check it out. VNs sorted by ratings.

http://vndb.org/v/all?s=votes;o=d

Thanks mate. Will do.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 26th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Why isn't Saya no Uta between the ones everybody posted?
It is a great game.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Miraploy » May 26th, 2008, 10:27 pm

It's not in english.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 26th, 2008, 10:28 pm

Miraploy wrote:It's not in english.

Oohhhh...
yeah...
no wait!
I know somebody who translated it...(well he is doing it)
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby inferno_flamex » May 30th, 2008, 3:11 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:
Miraploy wrote:It's not in english.

Oohhhh...
yeah...
no wait!
I know somebody who translated it...(well he is doing it)

Wait.. Isnt that the game that mirrormoon... No wait.. SOME people of mirrormoon (including Message) plus others are translating?
Note: Check the main site people...

Seems like they need some translators...

... And that being said.. I think Taka is not part of the Saya No Uta translations... Right?
Not to offend fans of the game or even the staffs that are working on this project..

But im kinda sad, yet relieved of that.. It means that Taka can concentrate on translating HF.. But it does also mean that Saya No Uta translations gonna be stalled for awhile longer...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » May 30th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Rather than stalled, I got the impression that it hasn't been going for a while but might now be getting revived (with a new translator who isn't previously affiliated with mirror moon). So it's all good news.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 30th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Well no.
I really know somebody who is translataing it.
I think it was in other forum, some months ago. I am actually searching for him in order to tell him about this Mirror moon project but he doesn't answer any pm. I think he isn't there anymore or he is dead.
one or another.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Phlebas » May 30th, 2008, 6:08 pm

You might be talking about the same thing... Saya no Uta isn't a mirror moon project, if you read the posts on the main page.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Maes » May 30th, 2008, 6:09 pm

Well, there was a guy who was translating it, then he had to stop for reasons of his own. There was also that thread over at the gemot about a translation project, but I'm not sure what ever became of it. And it's not a mirror moon project, they're just borrowing webspace and some of the people working on it happen to be mirror moon staff as well.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 30th, 2008, 6:58 pm

Maes wrote:Well, there was a guy who was translating it, then he had to stop for reasons of his own. There was also that thread over at the gemot about a translation project, but I'm not sure what ever became of it. And it's not a mirror moon project, they're just borrowing webspace and some of the people working on it happen to be mirror moon staff as well.

Ok Ok ok. It isn't a mirror moon project.
I get it.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby theguy2687 » May 31st, 2008, 8:31 pm

I would recommend Phantom of Inferno. The english version is in the DVD play format which can be a little annoying to some people, but the story is very well done and kind of original in the VN department.
theguy2687
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Phoenician » June 1st, 2008, 2:24 am

theguy2687 wrote:I would recommend Phantom of Inferno. The english version is in the DVD play format which can be a little annoying to some people, but the story is very well done and kind of original in the VN department.

Those CODES are SO annoying, I played for a couple hours and got 8 already
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby abscess » June 1st, 2008, 5:11 am

I don't get it.... what DVD codes...??
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby AlinSabel » June 1st, 2008, 6:15 am

The English version of Phantom of Inferno doesn't have a save function (I don't know if the original Japanese is the same).
It relies on the 'password' system, where once you clear a scene, it gives you a password to return to that point next time you turn on your DVD player.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » June 1st, 2008, 7:18 am

AlinSabel wrote:The English version of Phantom of Inferno doesn't have a save function (I don't know if the original Japanese is the same).
It relies on the 'password' system, where once you clear a scene, it gives you a password to return to that point next time you turn on your DVD player.

wait... so it's not a PC game but a game for the DVD player??? since when did they started using DVD players as consoles now????
I'm confused....
abscess

Unread postby AlinSabel » June 1st, 2008, 7:20 am

Er, yeah, it's an 'Anime-Play' title. You know how some children's movie DVDs come with games on it, where you use the remote control's buttons to make choices? It's sorta like that...

...although most people end up using PowerDVD/VLC Player to run these games, because they don't want to lug a TV around with them everywhere. :roll:
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » June 1st, 2008, 7:29 am

AlinSabel wrote:Er, yeah, it's an 'Anime-Play' title. You know how some children's movie DVDs come with games on it, where you use the remote control's buttons to make choices? It's sorta like that...

...although most people end up using PowerDVD/VLC Player to run these games, because they don't want to lug a TV around with them everywhere. :roll:

:shock:
Oooooh.....! I didn't know that!
I don't buy DVDs often and when I do they are only from movies that I really liked (Bladerunner for example), and the ocasional tv series but that rarely happens. No anime that I've bought has had any sort of game.... hmmm....how odd....
abscess

Previous

Return to General Chat