[Spoil] TRIVIA Game. (Check 1st post for how to play)

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » May 27th, 2008, 12:17 am

zweiterversuch wrote:
Einherjar wrote:Quit fooling around, the only game where she doesn't appear is the Twilight Princess.
What are you talking about?
She does appear there.

She is the loser-prize of Link after beating Ganondorf up.
If you think I'm really seriously, well, god bless you...

Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kiraiya » May 27th, 2008, 12:20 am

everyone knows the only zelda game where zelda doesn't play a role is super mario bros. 3.
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...

AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by AddleBoy » May 27th, 2008, 2:03 am

Kiraiya wrote:everyone knows the only zelda game where zelda doesn't play a role is super mario bros. 3.
Oh no! You beat me to it!
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » May 27th, 2008, 2:06 am

The last Nintendo console i had was SNES.... And i wasn't even playing Zelda (if there'sa any Zelda for SNES generation).

So.... Yeah, i don't have a clue...
Uchi kaeru....

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » May 27th, 2008, 2:11 am

Well... I actually have 7 guesses...
-Zelda: Link's Awakening - I played Link's Awakening through to the end and I don't remember Zelda being in it, but it was a long time ago so I may be wrong.
-BS Zelda no Densetsu - From what I read, Zelda wasn't involved in any way in this one game.

-BS Zelda no Densetsu Kodai no Sekiban - From what I read Zelda actually plays an important part in this one, but my guess is that you think that she doesn't do anything. My bet is that you are mistaken :D
-Four Swords - I've never played this one, but I didn't find Zelda mentioned either :wink:

-Tingle's Balloon Fight DS
-Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
-Link's Crossbow Training
These last three can't be really considered Zelda games, althoguh they are from the "Zelda-verse" (or whatever the name is).
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Sithobi1
Might just like this board

Unread post by Sithobi1 » May 28th, 2008, 9:38 pm

The correct answer was 0. Most of the games abscess mentioned weren't released in the US, and some of the ones that were aren't Zelda games.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » May 28th, 2008, 9:46 pm

Sithobi1 wrote:The correct answer was 0. Most of the games abscess mentioned weren't released in the US, and some of the ones that were aren't Zelda games.
OMG! I won no internetz!! ONOES!

But, are you sure? I don't think that Zelda appears in Link's Awakening, and you never mentioned that we should only refer to Zelda games that were released in the US.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Sithobi1
Might just like this board

Unread post by Sithobi1 » May 28th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Marin is Zelda in Link's Awakening, and the other is one of the rules of the game.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » May 28th, 2008, 10:32 pm

After reading the rules once more, I think you reffer to this part of them that you say that states that only games released on the US (in the Zelda case) or translated:
There is Exception!!
Do not post any spoiler that is not available to the non-Japanese speaker !! Which includes, VN that not yet translated (including Heaven's Feel), Anime that is yet to get subbed, and Manga that haven't got scanlated or sold globally yet.
From what I understand, it specifically says about us releasing SPOILERs about other media, not MENTIONING games, or other media such as manga or anime, not released abroad nor translated (although BS Zelda has been released by some fans but I haven't played it, perhaps never will). I suggest that the rules be modified so they take this hole into account.

On the "Marin being Zelda" I disagree. I checked quickly in wikipedia if this is said to be true and I found that she isn't incarnated in Link's Awakening nor Four Swords (that little game that came with "A link to the Past" in the GBA, not the "Four Swords Adventure" for the GC)

Maybe some of the users should post their thoughts on the matter to see who is considered to be wrong.

AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by AddleBoy » May 28th, 2008, 11:12 pm

The wiki for A Link to the Past and Four Swords are not very long and don't have very much detail about the story, so it's inconclusive. I think that the only people who would really know are those who have played both games all the way through and have beaten them.
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » May 28th, 2008, 11:36 pm

AddleBoy wrote:The wiki for A Link to the Past and Four Swords are not very long and don't have very much detail about the story, so it's inconclusive. I think that the only people who would really know are those who have played both games all the way through and have beaten them.
Indeed. I played Link's Awakening, although a long time ago, I don't remember ever readin somewhere IN game that she is some sort of Zelda representation in Link's dream or something of that sort. I have never played Four Swords, that's why I suggested that some users say what happens in the plot of that game.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » May 29th, 2008, 1:28 am

While you can continue to discuss Zelda as much as you like (though if it gets really long, you might want tom make a new thread), I will try to stay on topic...

Next Question:

Mention the character that ever sang "Watashi no kare wa Pilot".
Uchi kaeru....

abscess

Unread post by abscess » May 29th, 2008, 1:31 am

lolipedofin wrote:While you can continue to discuss Zelda as much as you like (though if it gets really long, you might want tom make a new thread), I will try to stay on topic...
Nah. I think I'll pass... I'm not so much of a Zelda fan, I haven't evenplayed Ocarina of Time to begin with!
lolipedofin wrote:Next Question:

Mention the character that ever sang "Watashi no kare wa Pilot".
Lynn Minmay from MACROSS?
Well.... I think Ranka Lee sings it too somewhere in Macross F (if I'm not mistaking that song with another one, that is)

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » May 29th, 2008, 2:14 am

Damn... too easy, huh?? Well, next question is yours
Uchi kaeru....

abscess

Unread post by abscess » May 29th, 2008, 2:57 am

ZOMG! I've got myself 10 internetz! with luck I'll be able to save enough to buy a kid's stolen iPod!
Well... bad jokes aside, it's time for a little question:
This manga, which spans for eight volumes, has won an Eisner prize, has a movie adaptation made by south-koreans that goes by the same name and won the Grand Prix at the Cannes Film Festival:
-In the manga the main character has one companion, while in the movie has another companion, what's the name of each of them?
-This companion is with the main character because it/she/he (in other words, the companion) was __________
With any of these two that you answer is enough for me. Pretty easy, ain't 'em?
Note: Of course, in order to be able to answer any of these questions you have to first know what story I'm talking about :) .

If you answer both questions I'd like to give you 15 or 20 points, but I think that changing or bending rules is lolipedofin's territory.

Anyway, Good luck! :wink:
Edit: I edited a bit question number 2 so it much easier to understand. I think t before was a bit badly written and could be easily misunderstood...
Last edited by abscess on May 29th, 2008, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » May 29th, 2008, 3:17 am

abscess wrote:ZOMG! I've got myself 10 internetz! with luck I'll be able to save enough to buy a kid's stolen iPod!
Well... bad jokes aside, it's time for a little question:
This manga, which spans for eight volumes, has won an Eisner prize, has a movie adaptation made by south-koreans that goes by the same name and won the Grand Prix at the Cannes Film Festival:
-In the manga the main character has one companion, while in the movie has another companion, what's the name of each of them?
-This companion is with the main character because it/she/he was __________
With any of these two that you answer is enough for me. Pretty easy, ain't 'em?
Note: Of course, in order to be able to answer any of these questions you have to first know what story I'm talking about :) .
detected : manga, has a korean movie adaptation, suspected topic : romance.

target locked. beginning speculation. code name : my sassy girl.
question #1 : the name of the main character : Gyeon-woo , and the name of the companion : the Girl, whose name is never given in the movie.
question #2 : ... was drunk, and fainted. but not before she called the main character "honey".

end script. terminating program. [/e]

well yeah, that's only a speculation of mine, though... :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

abscess

Unread post by abscess » May 29th, 2008, 3:54 am

Raitei wrote:detected : manga, has a korean movie adaptation, suspected topic : romance.

target locked. beginning speculation. code name : my sassy girl.
question #1 : the name of the main character : Gyeon-woo , and the name of the companion : the Girl, whose name is never given in the movie.
question #2 : ... was drunk, and fainted. but not before she called the main character "honey".

end script. terminating program. [/e]

well yeah, that's only a speculation of mine, though... :P
Umm... No. Actually I've never seen that sassy girl or something... Is it any good? the movie I mean.

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » May 29th, 2008, 3:56 am

abscess wrote:Umm... No. Actually I've never seen that sassy girl or something... Is it any good? the movie I mean.
er, dunno :P
I only read a brief information about it somewhere. it says about a good manga adapted into a korean movie, so... yeah :)

edit : wiki is a good friend of yours about these thingie ;)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

abscess

Unread post by abscess » May 29th, 2008, 4:02 am

Raitei wrote:
abscess wrote:Umm... No. Actually I've never seen that sassy girl or something... Is it any good? the movie I mean.
er, dunno :P
I only read a brief information about it somewhere. it says about a good manga adapted into a korean movie, so... yeah :)
Oh. The thing is that with a quick (and I mean VERY quick) search on the net I didn't find enough info to be able to answer the questions. Perhaps the second one, since it's easier I think, is gonna be answered, but from what I know you, at least, have to watch the movie, which I HIGHLY recommend (the movie, not the manga...).

AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by AddleBoy » May 29th, 2008, 4:16 am

Old Boy

The companion was with the main character because they were hypnotized. I can't say much more or I will spoil it.

I also recommend watching the movie (the manga not so much).