[Spoil] TRIVIA Game. (Check 1st post for how to play)

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Sithobi1
Might just like this board

Unread post by Sithobi1 » May 17th, 2008, 10:26 am

lolipedofin wrote:Where's Sithobi ???

I'm sticking to the noble phantasm stored in Gil's vault... :D
Nobody's named the right NP yet. And you have to name the ONE noble phantasm, not a category of them...
Plus, Gil doesn't have every NP, just their originals. For example, GoB doesn't contain Excalibur, only its predecessor.
And yes, Fragarach isn't in F/SN, so it doesn't count.
Furthermore, I don't see anything about wounds being uncurable in Fragarach's original legend...

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » May 17th, 2008, 10:33 am

So I loaded up F/SN and went to the weapons screen just for kicks.

I'll assume you're looking for Herpe, which is probably in Gil's vault somewhere.
"A monster-killing holy sword used by Perseus, the famous hero in Greek mythology.

Herpe itself is not an outstanding sword, but as its greatest characteristic it possess the ability of "refraction of prolonged life".

This is a divine skill that nullifies the special abilities of immortals, and it is said that the wounds made by Herpe cannot be healed.(Treatment in accordance with the laws of nature is still possible.)

It was used to kill the youngest of the three immortal sisters, Medusa."

Sithobi1

Unread post by Sithobi1 » May 17th, 2008, 10:49 am

The interesting thing is that I can't actually find an original legend for that sword with that ability. The sword should probably be "harpe"; the weapon given to Perseus by Hermes is supposed to be unbreakable, as far as my research shows.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » May 17th, 2008, 11:22 am

Sithobi1 wrote:The interesting thing is that I can't actually find an original legend for that sword with that ability. The sword should probably be "harpe"; the weapon given to Perseus by Hermes is supposed to be unbreakable, as far as my research shows.
So i guess... The next question goes to Maes??

@Rai..
Yeah.. But well... What the hell.. I thought that maybe it might be some sort of a trick question.. XDD

But still.. Avalon can be used as a weapon.. right?

Its big.. Flat.. And goddam hard...

Imagine it being slammed down on someone's head.. ROFL!
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Sithobi1

Unread post by Sithobi1 » May 17th, 2008, 11:36 am

inferno_flamex wrote:So i guess... The next question goes to Maes??
Well, since the original Perseus myth doesn't have a sword that leaves unhealable wounds, I'd say no.
There is a noble phantasm with a fairly clear legend that leaves wounds that do not heal. That is the one for which I am looking.

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » May 17th, 2008, 11:39 am

er, would you mind giving off the answer already...? since it's past 24 hours... :roll:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Sithobi1

Unread post by Sithobi1 » May 17th, 2008, 11:44 am

Either my timestamps are off or yours are, because I didn't post the question until 10:40 AM Pacific, and it's currently 4:45 AM.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » May 17th, 2008, 11:52 am

oh, you know what, I'm sorry man. I thought it's 24 hours already :P

so... I'll just post the answer. dainsleif, also known as Hjaoningavieg. one of the treasure that fafnir possesses, taken by siegfried after he had slain the legendary dragon.
'Thou hast made this offer over-late, if thou wouldst make peace: for now I have drawn Dainsleif, which the dwarves made, and which must cause a man's death every time it is bared, nor ever fails in its stroke; moreover, the wound heals not if one be scratched with it.'

Skaldskaparmal - Brodeur's translation
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Sithobi1

Unread post by Sithobi1 » May 17th, 2008, 11:58 am

Yep, that was it. The funny thing is that there are the two NPs with that ability in F/SN, neither of which had it originally.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » May 17th, 2008, 12:12 pm

haha! next question is mine! so... I'd like to ask you to identify this guy :
► Show Spoiler
and bonus cookie for whoever can guess the title/ origin / continuation (one's enough) of this one:
► Show Spoiler
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » May 17th, 2008, 12:23 pm

Raitei wrote:haha! next question is mine! so... I'd like to ask you to identify this guy :
► Show Spoiler
and bonus cookie for whoever can guess the title/ origin / continuation (one's enough) of this one:
► Show Spoiler

That Character is one of Tsubasa's chronicles... Which one I don't know.

and the bonus...

Lancer ask her to go out but he gets turned into stone instead.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » May 17th, 2008, 12:33 pm

bonus cookies goes to zwei for being able to answer that question ^^
but I need a more specific answer for the main question, so it's still open :wink:
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Kiirnodel
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Kiirnodel » May 17th, 2008, 2:21 pm

I could be way off, mainly because I've never seen the Tsubasa Chronicle Anime, only read the Manga (Which I'm assuming the character is from because you said you need more specific, not it was completely off).

I think it looks a bit like Sakura's older brother, the prince Touya, or at least that is who it reminded me of.

Having the first volume of the manga here with me in original japanese large size, I'm not so sure, and the name could be off just because English is fun like that.

And just because I'm curious, what is the answer to that F/SN "car accident" question? I've played through all of Fate and UBW and I don't remember any car accident off hand...

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » May 17th, 2008, 2:25 pm

Kiirnodel wrote:I could be way off, mainly because I've never seen the Tsubasa Chronicle Anime, only read the Manga (Which I'm assuming the character is from because you said you need more specific, not it was completely off).

I think it looks a bit like Sakura's older brother, the prince Touya, or at least that is who it reminded me of.
nope ^^ still not quite :wink:
although you are getting warm... :wink:
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » May 17th, 2008, 4:28 pm

Dainsleif?? Isn't that from Gil's vault as well, i checked Dainslef already too, but found no info about uncurable wound.. i was gonna guess Harpe, since a sickle is often attributed to death or mortal wound... but i guess i was wrong... Well, at least i was partially right since it was in Gil's vault...

As for Raitei's Question... I'm not sure since the art is kinda different to the manga... but i'm gonna take a shot...

Seishirou from Tokyo Babylon... also made an appearance at Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (which i believe where the image is taken from)
Uchi kaeru....

Yendi

Unread post by Yendi » May 17th, 2008, 11:12 pm

Kiirnodel wrote: And just because I'm curious, what is the answer to that F/SN "car accident" question? I've played through all of Fate and UBW and I don't remember any car accident off hand...
► Show Spoiler

skullreken
Crack Addic!

Unread post by skullreken » May 17th, 2008, 11:47 pm

Yendi wrote:
Kiirnodel wrote: And just because I'm curious, what is the answer to that F/SN "car accident" question? I've played through all of Fate and UBW and I don't remember any car accident off hand...
► Show Spoiler
wtf? is that an actual unlockable bonus or are you taking the Mick?
kanu fanboy and proud of it!

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » May 18th, 2008, 12:25 am

@ lolipedofin : right you are, sempai ;)
next question is yours
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Yendi

Unread post by Yendi » May 18th, 2008, 12:57 am

skullreken wrote: wtf? is that an actual unlockable bonus or are you taking the Mick?
I'm not kidding you:
► Show Spoiler

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » May 18th, 2008, 5:00 am

Hmm.... I'll post question later when i get back home.... Just finished playing futsal and currently using the wi-fi service in the lounge.... 8)

Anyway, Rin is so kewt in that ending "cards"... Wanna play UBW soon... :cry: . Thanx 4 posting those pics, it gave me desire to play F/SN again... been losing motivation lately and playing other games... but today I shall play F/SN !!
Uchi kaeru....