Our own Visual Novel

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Our own Visual Novel

Unread postby Superflonic » May 1st, 2008, 1:29 pm

Well, think about it. mirror moon is a group that translates already existing Visual Novels, for no charge. Awesome.
BUT, imagine mirror moon creating their own. How would you think about that?

No official thread, btw. Or elsewise I wouldn't have made it, heheh.

It just sounds good, I don't know.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Re: Our own Visual Novel

Unread postby Einherjar » May 1st, 2008, 1:46 pm

Superflonic wrote:Well, think about it. mirror moon is a group that translates already existing Visual Novels, for no charge. Awesome.
BUT, imagine mirror moon creating their own. How would you think about that?

No official thread, btw. Or elsewise I wouldn't have made it, heheh.

It just sounds good, I don't know.

That would take years to complete, and it wouldn't be TYPE-MOON
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby haderach » May 1st, 2008, 7:22 pm

Create the greatest visual novel of all time and don't release it in Japan so they'll have to make a fansub team to translate it and wait years for them to finish so they can feel our pain...
what?
haderach
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby WingZero » May 1st, 2008, 7:58 pm

Personally, I'd rather the staff just keep doing what they're doing.

But I don't know, that's just me. Maybe you don't want to see HF/MAW!2/Arcturus/etc. localized, etc.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » May 1st, 2008, 9:18 pm

To even have a CHANCE of rivaling Type-Moon, we'd need to be a LOT better at making sex analogies using only shellfish, crustaceans, mollusks, and assorted cephalopods.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » May 1st, 2008, 10:20 pm

nobaka wrote:To even have a CHANCE of rivaling Type-Moon, we'd need to be a LOT better at making sex analogies using only shellfish, crustaceans, mollusks, and assorted cephalopods.
hmm? I think nasu dropped that method when writing f/sn?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Einherjar » May 1st, 2008, 10:27 pm

haderach wrote:Create the greatest visual novel of all time and don't release it in Japan so they'll have to make a fansub team to translate it and wait years for them to finish so they can feel our pain...
what?

Awesome.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 2nd, 2008, 10:05 am

Ryuusoul seems to have the passion for writing, hopefully the knack too.

It might be fun, but please, after they're done with F/SN.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby gunblade » May 2nd, 2008, 12:52 pm

You'd need an actual artist and actual script writer. I tried once, still have the script and story for a scene but we all fell apart. Had some artwork too. Guess me and others got demotivated.
And can someone please explain the sea life analogies? :/
gunblade
Might just like this board

Unread postby Atriel » May 2nd, 2008, 4:13 pm

Well, the fact that the ones used are slimy, soft, and boneless may have something to do with it.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 2nd, 2008, 8:34 pm

Well. It's not that easy to write. I've been working on a story and I find it kind of hard not to use some expressiones over and over. But maybe when you have been translating some other people's work, you could get some experience you don't get only by reading. I'm not too sure about that since I have never tried translating anything.
If they happen to start their own project I'd be very impressed and I would actually follow their development. The artwork doesn't have to be extremely well done imo, but it souldn't suck either. I may be touching a sensitive nerve here but there were some (not the majority, just some) of Tsukihime's drawings that seemed a little... odd... Some faces here and there, fingers seemd a bit weird at times, the girls seemed a little bit way too thin (for me at least), but they were nice actually. I really liked the character design, the simplicity and not over-sexed characters are a big plus for me. The most important part is the writing and storyline, if you get that right, the drawings are there to keep you focused and help you with the imagination of the situation. If you have a guy/girl that does very well the drawing/painting part then you have a very good chance of an epic-win game

nobaka wrote:To even have a CHANCE of rivaling Type-Moon, we'd need to be a LOT better at making sex analogies using only shellfish, crustaceans, mollusks, and assorted cephalopods.

o_O .... what?... When did they made that kind of analogies?? I can't remember, but they sound quite wierd. Where are they??? I must read them!!
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby nobaka » May 2nd, 2008, 9:41 pm

abscess wrote:o_O .... what?... When did they made that kind of analogies?? I can't remember, but they sound quite wierd. Where are they??? I must read them!!

Tsukihime. Kagetsu Tohya.

@Raitei: Perhaps, but that doesn't mean it isn't part of his genius.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 3rd, 2008, 5:59 pm

nobaka wrote:
abscess wrote:o_O .... what?... When did they made that kind of analogies?? I can't remember, but they sound quite wierd. Where are they??? I must read them!!

Tsukihime. Kagetsu Tohya.

@Raitei: Perhaps, but that doesn't mean it isn't part of his genius.

Really? I only remember them saying "my manhood", "rod", "pillar" and some other things like that... Oh well, maybe i need to re-read it, since I'm alrady forgetting.
abscess

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » May 3rd, 2008, 7:50 pm

KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » May 4th, 2008, 10:19 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/

Uuuh! Who are the devs? Right now I'm too sleepy to read properly so I don't know if the story and deveolpers are mentioned in the page you put. Gonna sleep...
abscess

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » May 4th, 2008, 4:59 pm

There aren't any "devs" it's a doujin game, or in other words, a fan made game. And it will kick ass.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby shirou12 » May 5th, 2008, 10:14 am

Post deleted. First warning. No stupidity on our boards. - chendo
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby TheXev » May 6th, 2008, 8:18 pm

Trust me when I say, we've already considered the original visual novel approach. I had drafted a intro long ago and been working on a the plot line on and off since I finished High School in 2002. My work begin well before I had ever played Tsukihime, although I'd say its been the largest influence atmosphere wise. Originally planed as a comic book/RPG series, I thought it would be more interesting to pursue as a Visual Novel after playing Kanon and Tsukihime and getting a taste of that presentation line. It hasn't really gotten anywhere in a long time (since moving to FL in 2005).

I attempted pushing the idea on the group to try and generate some inner interest, but really I have nothing pushing me to try and see where it goes. I had been told several times that I should write this plot out as a book, movie, or game of some kind by people I've talked to in person about it. My busy life is mostly the reasons why I haven't had time to focus on it. That's why you see silly blog entries like these out of me, they where easier musings to focus on in the currently stressful life. Another factor holding me back is myself wanting to collaborate with my old High School friend whom we used to have "creative sessions" when we met. We would run our ideas past each other and give each other constructive input. Both of us agreed if we where to collaborate with anyone, it would be each other. We both seem to be stuck in this same rut, and having 1000mi's between us doesn't help matters. Currently I've been gearing to move closer to home and become roommates with this person, so we can pursue this collaboration.

This is also part of the reason for "retiring" the Revolve name, as eventually we do plan on using it for original productions instead of translations.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » May 6th, 2008, 11:36 pm

shirou12 wrote:is it for fcking for sale or free?

Jesus Christ people, can't you just fucking read?

Oh well, whatever, some random person online won't change anything. Anyways, yes it will be free.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » May 7th, 2008, 6:01 am

TheXev wrote:Trust me when I say, we've already considered the original visual novel approach. I had drafted a intro long ago and been working on a the plot line on and off since I finished High School in 2002. My work begin well before I had ever played Tsukihime, although I'd say its been the largest influence atmosphere wise. Originally planed as a comic book/RPG series, I thought it would be more interesting to pursue as a Visual Novel after playing Kanon and Tsukihime and getting a taste of that presentation line. It hasn't really gotten anywhere in a long time (since moving to FL in 2005).

I attempted pushing the idea on the group to try and generate some inner interest, but really I have nothing pushing me to try and see where it goes. I had been told several times that I should write this plot out as a book, movie, or game of some kind by people I've talked to in person about it. My busy life is mostly the reasons why I haven't had time to focus on it. That's why you see silly blog entries like these out of me, they where easier musings to focus on in the currently stressful life. Another factor holding me back is myself wanting to collaborate with my old High School friend whom we used to have "creative sessions" when we met. We would run our ideas past each other and give each other constructive input. Both of us agreed if we where to collaborate with anyone, it would be each other. We both seem to be stuck in this same rut, and having 1000mi's between us doesn't help matters. Currently I've been gearing to move closer to home and become roommates with this person, so we can pursue this collaboration.

This is also part of the reason for "retiring" the Revolve name, as eventually we do plan on using it for original productions instead of translations.

Dude! That would be cool! man! Is there any way that you could post part of the story/intro in the forums? I mean, if it's not too much to ask.
abscess

Next

Return to General Chat