English patch problems

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

English patch problems

Unread postby Lazruth » April 28th, 2008, 2:55 am

I recently downloaded the english patch from mirrormoon, ver. 1.1 and it works somewhat fine. I know I can't get the music to work right now, but that's not my problem. My problem is that there are no images when I'm playing the game. Sure, i get the title screen, all full of color, but when I play the game, the only things I get are a black screen, and words going across said black screen. Is this normal, or is this something that shouldn't be happening? Could anyone help me, please?
Lazruth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » April 28th, 2008, 3:24 am

keep reading the text til the screen becomes not black.

If this takes more than a few minutes, THEN come back and ask.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Lazruth » April 28th, 2008, 8:30 pm

Guess i should have been a bit more clear. The text I get is the game text. you know the actual words in the game? And it took more than a few minutes; I got up to the point where Arcueid meets with Shiki (after he's "killed" her) before I got tired of reading without the images. It felt like I only got half the game. I didn't do any of the things like "skip to next decision screen". I read up to that point. Please help me!
Lazruth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » April 28th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Hm. That's weird.

First of all, which version of the game do you have?

(Tsukihime original, Tsukibako, etc.)
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Lazruth » April 28th, 2008, 11:01 pm

I have the original (which I'm using) and then I have Tsukibako. If I remember correctly, the Tsukihime folder was in the Tsukibako folder, but I'm not gonna swear to it. The only thing I know for sure is that the Tsukibako folder holds Tsukihime+ and Kagetsu Tohya (both in japanese) and I only found my current english patch for Tsukihime when I was searching for a patch for Kagetsu Tohya.
Lazruth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 28th, 2008, 11:12 pm

Why is he talking about folders?
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Lazruth » April 28th, 2008, 11:15 pm

Because I got the games in a set. One great big set.
And because that information might be needed. Since I don't know what's going on, I thought it best if I gave all the info I have.
Destiny is a word used by those too weak to forge their own path in life.
Lazruth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » April 29th, 2008, 12:04 am

Well, the most obvious thing to try first is a reinstall for diagnostics.

Reinstall Tsukihime, and try running it in Japanese without the English patch.

See if it works. This will tell us whether the problem is due to corrupt (or possibly non-existent) image files in the original game, or whether it was the patching process that was screwed up.

After that, if the original game runs just fine, uninstall and reinstall by running the English installer.

If it is working this time, problem solved.

If not, I can give you v1.0 of the patch and you can see if that works (unless any of the mm staff are against this, in which case I won't)

Also, I can point you in the right direction for that Kagetsu Tohya patch if you haven't found it yet.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Lazruth » April 29th, 2008, 12:39 am

Thanks. Uninstalled the english patch. japanese version ran fine. graphics and everything. Ran the patch again, and this time noticed something I hadn't before. The patch I got is also the game. I got two in one, instead of just the english patch, which is all I wanted. Ver. 1.1 my butt. Do you know of a way to get the images in this version? If not, then yes, please send me v.1.0. And I'd appreciate too, if you could point out where to get the Kagetsu Tohya patch. I'm sorry if I seem like a complete nOOb, and for any inconvenience I may have caused.
Lazruth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » April 29th, 2008, 1:01 am

Um. Version 1.1 is an installer, not patch.

You should run it to INSTALL Tsukihime.

Uninstall Tsukihime from your computer, then:

Keep your Tsukihime CD in the drive, and then run the Ver 1.1 patch. This way you install the game from scratch with English translation, as opposed to installing English OVER Japanese version. It should be working after that (Ver1.0 is the same thing)

And here is a link for Kagetsu Tohya's patch v0.5.2 (latest), as taken from KT's translation thread over at Beast's Lair:

http://rapidshare.com/files/52236223/Ka ... up.exe.htm
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Lazruth » April 29th, 2008, 1:12 am

Wow, thanks. Seriously. I can't count how many retard points I just scored with that one. Thanks a million. I guess this is what I get for being so bad with computers. If I have anymore questions, I'll send you a message. And thanks for the link for the Kagetsu Tohya patch. Thank you for all your help!
Lazruth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » April 29th, 2008, 1:31 am

No problem, happy to help.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Return to General Chat