Yume Nikki - Dream Diary?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Yume Nikki - Dream Diary?

Unread postby DarkRedSky » April 24th, 2008, 12:52 am

I've started to play this horror game called Yume Nikki. From what I've heard it's pretty scary. Anyone played this? If so help cause I am so lost.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » April 24th, 2008, 4:39 am

UBOOAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I just started this yesterday. Depending on how you go about, it can really psychologically mess with you. What makes it different from other horror games is that it doesn't have lame attempts at 'jumping out' at you (with the exception of Uboa) to create a scare. The mood's just so screwed up you can't help feeling anxious and paranoid.

It's definitely one of the scariest games on 2D, but like I said, it's 'scary' depending on how you play it. It's just like telling ghost stories during your classic school camp. It only gets scary if you're willing to immerse yourself in it and try to fell it. Otherwise you'd only complain about the repetitive walking and annoying dead ends.

EDIT: Oh, it seems you're lost as well. Where exactly do you need help from?
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » April 24th, 2008, 8:34 pm

I figured the game out. Although there is no clear goal in this game. I found the bike, lamp and knife. Now time to explore. What's the deal with the blond girl? I'm gonna try to get Uboa to show up.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TakaJun » April 26th, 2008, 6:01 am

Wow, never thought this game would make it to the english-speaking audience.
I played it a long time ago.

What do I think? Well, the game is, just, messed up...
TakaJun

Unread postby abscess » April 26th, 2008, 8:10 pm

I think I heard of it once. How old is it? Is it fan translated or "pro-translated"?
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby -[J1N]- » April 27th, 2008, 2:45 am

abscess wrote:I think I heard of it once. How old is it? Is it fan translated or "pro-translated"?

The game was released in 2003, and I have no idea who translated it, though I doubt any company would want to translate and sell this commercially. Also, since it's title still says "夢 日記" (i think that's how you write it) rather than 'Yume Nikki' or 'Dream Diary', I think it's likely to be fan translated. And I don't think an 8-bit game released in 2003 would sell too well, though there are a lot of people who still enjoy those games.

Oh and Dark, there's actually a way to 'win' the game, but I don't think it's a 'goal' anyone wants to reach :lol:
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » April 27th, 2008, 8:05 pm

Can you even sell games made with rpg maker?
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » April 27th, 2008, 10:48 pm

Ciel wrote:Can you even sell games made with rpg maker?

WTF?!
It's made with RPG Maker??!
Hahaha! Wow! where can I see pictures of this thing?! I've never seen one that has been finished, let alone sold as a REAL game
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby DarkRedSky » April 28th, 2008, 12:47 am

I heard to "beat" the game. I'm suppose to find EVERY item in the game and drop it in the crossroads (that room full of doors). Is that correct?
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » April 28th, 2008, 6:08 am

DarkRedSky wrote:I heard to "beat" the game. I'm suppose to find EVERY item in the game and drop it in the crossroads (that room full of doors). Is that correct?

Yeah. You turn them to eggs somehow and just drop it in the room with the doors. Wake up, go to your balcony and uhh... Walk.

Ciel wrote:Can you even sell games made with rpg maker?

Well that makes a lot more sense :lol:.
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Return to General Chat