Who wants a Square Enix's version of Fate?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Who wants a Square Enix's version of Fate?

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » April 18th, 2008, 6:32 pm

Just finished watching Final Fantasy VII Advent Children for the nth time. I am willing to sacrifice small, cute animals for a Square Enix animated Fate :twisted: ... Imagine the possibilities...
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » April 18th, 2008, 8:28 pm

Not me. I liked Advent, but i don't want Fate like that.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby WingZero » April 18th, 2008, 10:27 pm

Atriel wrote:Not me. I liked Advent, but i don't want Fate like that.

Seconded
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » April 18th, 2008, 11:56 pm

Sure, why not? Shirou + Phoenix Down = Epic Win
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 19th, 2008, 12:16 am

Square Soft sucks. They should have died back when they fucked up on the first FF movie. Enix ftw.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zoop » April 19th, 2008, 2:27 am

I think that it'd make me cry, to be honest.
zoop
Might just like this board

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 19th, 2008, 2:36 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:I am willing to sacrifice small, cute animals for a Square Enix animated Fate :twisted: ... Imagine the possibilities...

No.. No... No... No... And...... NO...

When you mention Final Fantasy, Cute Animals, and Square Enix in more less the same sentance... My first train of thought went to Kingdom Hearts...
DEFINITELY a big NO there...

And i cannot imagine Shirou having a 'super friendship attack' like any FF game/movie...
What i mean by 'super friendship attack' is...

In FFVII AC, Cloud defeated Bahamut with the help of his friends... Pulling him up, and sort of giving him their powers and trust etc...

In FFVII DoC, Vincent's final battle against the boss was made clear when the others on the ground... Shouted.. "GO!!! VINCENT" in unision, and he replied with "Guess i have a story to finish"...

Even in classic FF IV (i think) where the main character and his party were knocked unconcious before fighting the final boss by a meteor. But because of the others that were left behind in the castle.... With their 'prayers and faith'... One by one.. They regained conciousness with a new resolve to defeat that evil.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » April 19th, 2008, 2:43 am

inferno_flamex wrote:
Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:I am willing to sacrifice small, cute animals for a Square Enix animated Fate :twisted: ... Imagine the possibilities...

When you mention Final Fantasy, Cute Animals, and Square Enix in more less the same sentance... My first train of thought went to Kingdom Hearts...

And i cannot imagine Shirou having a 'super friendship attack' like any FF game/movie...

In FFVII AC, Cloud defeated Bahamut with the help of his friends... Pulling him up, and sort of giving him their powers and trust etc...

In FFVII DoC, Vincent's final battle against the boss was made clear when the others on the ground... Shouted.. "GO!!! VINCENT" in unision, and he replied with "Guess i have a story to finish"...

Even in classic FF IV (i think) where the main character and his party were knocked unconcious before fighting the final boss by a meteor. But because of the others that were left behind in the castle.... With their 'prayers and faith'... One by one.. They regained conciousness with a new resolve to defeat that evil.
ah, but shirou has "ultimate harem attack", the one that would boost his strength by supports from his girls :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby mir » April 19th, 2008, 3:13 am

Raitei wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:

ah, but shirou has "ultimate harem attack", the one that would boost his strength by supports from his girls :P

No thanks. FF blows enough as it is, lets not ruin a good thing.
There is nothing to fear now.
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 19th, 2008, 6:04 am

*comes back in to throw in some more DQ propaganda*

DRAGON QUEST FOR LYFE BISHIES! DQ > FF
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby yud1 » April 19th, 2008, 6:44 am

somehow can imagine that... full 3D CG adaptation of Fate, with visual effects and battle choreography adjusted to some sort of Fate-style. (and not too FF-ish battle scenes I think, it's not really suited for Fate IMO :roll: )

I'd like to see Archer x Berserker or Saber x Lancer battles in such fashion anyways. guess it might turn out good with some adjustments (VFX + battle scene), but not too FF-ish. adopting AC's approach for Fate might be risky though; scores and story concepts needs thorough considerations for such to happen.

inferno_flamex wrote:And i cannot imagine Shirou having a 'super friendship attack' like any FF game/movie...

indeed. one thing I don't really like from AC and DoC is that part. wouldn't hurt if they cut it... and what's so special about the Power-Ranger-like split-screen 'GO VINCENT!!' scene anyways? :shock:
yud1
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sekai » April 19th, 2008, 12:34 pm

In all honestly, I have to say no. I did like some of Square's earlier works (the Chrono series, Xenosaga, and so on); but recently, I've been disappointed. Despite what some FF fans may say, I thought XII was terrible: Level grinding (similar to a MMO), a vague storyline, and a strange battle system--that could have been better either as Kingdom Hearts' battle system or the classical Final Fantasy battle system--really did bore me. So, it's scary for me to think they would create something that might ruin Fate/'s good name. Instead, TYPE-MOON should consider making their own games as visual novels--with a few spin-off's here and there, of course--because they tend to be on a much deeper level than most games I've played. And besides, I think TYPE-MOON is the only one that can keep the series' "feel"; I admire something like that, as I've seen many companies lose their touch eventually as they expand and get bigger--and Square Enix is one of them.

However, I wouldn't mind an official fighting game on a console with Fate/'s characters. But creating an RPG or something else out of them is definitely a different story.

(Psst, anyone remember Radical Dreamers--that visual novel Square made in 1996?)
Sekai
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 19th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Hmm... contrary to the popular belief here... I would love to see one....

As long as the character design and the artwork is not drastically changed when translated into 3D CG, i think it'll be an awesome movie! Think about the animated battle, I would love to see all the noble phantasm animated in a 3d CG by SquareEnix, except for Gae Bolg, which are... too simple, i guess...

Well, it'll just be a total eye-candy though....

Btw, what he ask was about a CG animated F/SN not an RPG of F/SN. Some people seems to got the wrong idea. Though... an F/SN RPG?? That could be interesting... :roll: . When i first know that F/SN is originally a game, and when i check the wiki page that contains spoiler of all Servant's stats, i was convinced that the game must also contain some battle, hopefully RPG... which turn out to be wrong... and kinda bummed me. not that i dislike the game as it is... But i think it'll be interesting to see an RPG that loosely based on F/SN.

@Chunkey-MonkeyLOL: You do realize that Dragon Quest is a Square Enix game??

Yeah-yeah, i know what you gonna say... It was originally Enix, until those greedy bastard from Squaresoft decided to make an acquisition, right? 8)

Well, a bit out of topic... but i do enjoy playing Dragon Quest, but i did not love it, it's a good game, but it can get pretty boring midway through.... My most favorite RPG gotta be Star Ocean Series (this is numero uno!), Suikoden series... and of course Final Fantasy.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 19th, 2008, 4:47 pm

I would agree that a 3D FF style of Fate is a great eye candy... And i wouldnt mind if the only thing that they changed was that and only that... I wouldnt like those typical FF scenes or skill names, like phoenix down or cura/curaga...

I mean, who wouldnt want to see Archer VS Lancer scene in 3D?! With the camera swerving around all matrix like, and slowing down at key moments!
Who!?

And if it were to be a RPG game!? Wow *drool*

But i think the greatest change should be story-wise... The team character list available for a FSN RPG, following only the FATE route... Is very very limited (Shirou, Rin, Saber & Archer). And with very limited bosses (other servents) as well. It would be a shortlived game...

However should they somehow compile the 3 routes in order... Making sure that the main/key characters survive is key. They could just make it.

If not, the closest we can get to a FSN RPG is Battle Moon Wars... Which is not bad imho, but im a SRW fan.. So dont take my word for it...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zoop » April 19th, 2008, 7:06 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:I mean, who wouldnt want to see Archer VS Lancer scene in 3D?! With the camera swerving around all matrix like, and slowing down at key moments!
Who!?

Me. I bloody hate the overdone action scenes in that movie, and nearly every other movie that makes such ridiculous over-use of slow motion. :|
zoop
Might just like this board

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 19th, 2008, 7:08 pm

Matrix like?? Hmmm... somehow the image i got in my head kinda put me off.... Maybe i'm imagining the different thing with yours...

Why would there be phoenix down and curaga :? none of them exist in F/SN, even Advent Children made no mention of those...

For the RPG, i think it should be loosely based on F/SN... maybe make it take place on the earlier Holy Grail War.... but one thing is, there should be Random battles... maybe retain the same characters and plot, albeit in an alternate universe...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 19th, 2008, 9:37 pm

OR. The Sixth Holy Grail War.

Have it happen at the same time as every country is nuking the others, and robotic suits abound (yeah, yeah, Iron Man is getting to me). 1 Servant against 50 suits? More? :D
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shirosaki » April 20th, 2008, 4:20 am

only on the condition that there are three separate movies each about 2-3 hours explaining fate, ubw, hf respectively because three routes crammed into a what...1 hr 30 min film is like taking a magnum and shooting fate fans in the head. And lastly NO (except in the respective routes) harem / shiro bangs every single girl in the end within a span of 30 mins and the "*girl here* juices were out of this world", not only would people then have to watch a suckish movie but also get thirsty or hungry.
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Zensunni » April 20th, 2008, 11:51 am

Sekai wrote:(Psst, anyone remember Radical Dreamers--that visual novel Square made in 1996?)

Yes, it's fan-translated and I played through it some time back. Though it had too many damn choices...made it feel more like an adventure game than a VN.

You can pick choices to actually wander back and forth around the game area, but if you screw around too much you run out of time and get a bad end.

Think it has like 12 endings? Well, think they needed to make people work to unlock all the content and spend time with it, SNES games were pretty expensive after all.
Zensunni
Addict

Unread postby Sekai » April 20th, 2008, 12:14 pm

Zensunni wrote:
Sekai wrote:(Psst, anyone remember Radical Dreamers--that visual novel Square made in 1996?)

Yes, it's fan-translated and I played through it some time back. Though it had too many damn choices...made it feel more like an adventure game than a VN.

You can pick choices to actually wander back and forth around the game area, but if you screw around too much you run out of time and get a bad end.

Think it has like 12 endings? Well, think they needed to make people work to unlock all the content and spend time with it, SNES games were pretty expensive after all.

Ah, well, that's true in a way; the random battles were tedious at times, especially if you were running low on health points. The wandering part was actually pretty interesting, seeing how you were to "connect the pieces" together to complete the route. And no, there were 7 endings: Le Tresor Interdit, Magil: Caught Between Love and Adventure, Kid and the Sunflower, SuperXtreme Alphacosmos Police Case EX Ultra, Homecoming: Shea's Light, The Enigmatic Gigaweapon: Paradise X, The Shadow Realm and the Goddess of Death. (I'm not counting the "bad" endings; perhaps, with them, we get a total of 12 endings.)

I'd die for a remake, but seeing how Square doesn't seem to even remotely care about Chrono Trigger--the most popular one of the series--I seriously doubt they'll remake something as a VN. But really, it made the series much deeper, similar to what Chrono Cross did after it in its own way.

Sorry for going off-topic like this. :P
Sekai
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to General Chat