Who wants a Square Enix's version of Fate?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » April 20th, 2008, 8:57 pm

I think a lot of people here misunderstood me. I was refering to having an Advent Children style photorealistic rendition of Fate, even as some sort of OVA. Wouldn't it be cool to see your favorite noble phantasms in action in 3D? (Think GoB, UBW, Tsubame Gaeshi... :shock: )
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » April 20th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Well that would certainly be awesome, as long as Square Enix knows the limits.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 20th, 2008, 9:51 pm

@Gilkeeper (football brand new position :lol: ): Yeah... some are thinking that you are talking about "what if" Square re-create the game...

Shirosaki wrote:only on the condition that there are three separate movies each about 2-3 hours explaining fate, ubw, hf respectively

Combined sales of F/SN, Tsukihime, Melty Blood, F/T Colosseum etc, would still not be enough to fund the production of the movies you imagined.... Well, that is if you're talking at the level of Advent Children's CG quality. Do you even know how much SquareEnix spent on producing "Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within" ?? over $100 million !! After the bad -sorry-, terrible -sorry- abysmal performance in the movies, and making history being one of the world's worst Box Office bomb, the animation studio (Branch of SquareEnix) was directly sent into bankruptcy. Although, they did still manage to complete "The Last Flight of Osiris".
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 21st, 2008, 8:06 am

lolipedofin wrote:@Gilkeeper (football brand new position :lol: ): Yeah... some are thinking that you are talking about "what if" Square re-create the game...

That sounds like some kinda FF money changer.. Thingie...

Anyway.. the FF movie Spirits within suxd.

I would be glad if they made FSN into a 3D movie.. no matter how unrealistic it sounds.... I admit... But yeah.. i just hope someone who's a fan of (or at least INVOLVED in the writing of) FSN in the first place took care of the directing and story telling...

EDIT: Just seconds ago after looking at my Handphone wallpaper.. Oggling at my Tifa (game version)... I noticed she looks different compared to AC... U know? With that thing... What is it called? Overalls? Spandex? I donno.. But that thing that guys wear in the old days when waist belts are still non existance...

Yeah.. I prefer the CLASSIC Tifa... So here im gonna say to be careful of your wishes... Saber (Aerith of FSN?) might remain the same in the movie but who knows?? Rin/Sakura (Tifa[s] of FSN??) might have a new makeover.... While ilya (You guessed it, that hyperactive Yuffie of FSN) might just end up slightly.. more... curvey.. XDDDDD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shirosaki » April 21st, 2008, 5:24 pm

While ilya (You guessed it, that hyperactive Yuffie of FSN) might just end up slightly.. more... curvey.. XDDDDD

Curvey ilya == more lolicons to see the movie so that would make the movie more possible actually :D
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Yazan Kiriel » April 23rd, 2008, 7:19 pm

Let me just sum it up for everyone

Unlimited Belts and Zipper Works

For me, I always imagined if Fate/Stay Night ever got a movie going, it'll have a 3 part movie for each route and Hollywood budget while still staying true to the source.

Would be one hell of a budget, but the problem probably will be finding actors to fit the characters...impossible perhaps.
Yazan Kiriel
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 24th, 2008, 7:16 am

Yazan Kiriel wrote:Would be one hell of a budget, but the problem probably will be finding actors to fit the characters...impossible perhaps.

Impossible = Ilya cast...

Wanted: Someone who is <18years old but has MAJOR Loli sex appeal...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » April 24th, 2008, 9:41 pm

You want live action?
YOU WANT LIVE ACTION?
I recommend you to an adaptation called Fate/Stay Knight.

And just for fun, and no, it is not a screenshot of Fate/Stay Knight, I will spare you of the torment.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » April 25th, 2008, 11:03 am

Although I did like Advent Children and, in a way, I liked Spirits Within too, the manner in which Square-Pictures, or whatever it is called now, works tends NOT to appeal to the masses. For example, you wouldn't understand squat about Advent if you didn't play, or at least knew a bunch about, FF7. With that I mean that they tend to make movies that appeal almost only to the fan community, aparently not caring much about casual movie goers. After reading that you may think "Yay! Then I would like this movie". In fact you may, but only because you are familiar with the original work and most likely consider yourself part of the fan community, which would make you biased to like this other product, even if it is made by a third party.

I don't think that this theoretical movie would be any good. Considering and comparing their past works (Spirits Within, Flight of the Osiris & Advent) they would surely make it to exploit the fame of the VN and anime and make a storyline that would feel rushed at best. What actually interested me the most was the narrative and storyline of the original VNs by TYPE-MOON, and to see them get mangled into something almost unrecognizable isn't something I'm looking forward to.

About fight scenes, I'd also like to see them brought to full animation, but to portray the characters into photo-realistic recreations is a NO for me. I could be considered a purist with that, but almost all of the times anime characters are modelled into photo-realistic representations or tried to be presented with live-action counterparts, I find it hard to say who is supposed to be who, as the guys that do the modeling or choose who is the right guy/girl to be certain character almost always take the wrong choices. I mean, just look at the cast of the DBZ movie! DAMN! that movie will suck balls...

PS: yaay... mah first post...
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » April 25th, 2008, 5:41 pm

@abscess,
Ya, I agree with you. I can see the problem too. Sqeezing Fate in two hours will be terrible, but leaving background information out will confuse many people. Heck, even the Fate anime didn't explain many things clearly, and they had more than 10 hours. Also, they would have a hard time try to market the movie... I still remember when I first heard of the Fate anime.

"Magicians summoning epic spirits and battling each other... where have I heard of that before.....? O YA SHAMAN KING. Shaman King wasn't that good, let alone this Fate thing that lacks any sort of promotion... pass."

It was after like two months I started watching the anime, and the line "King Arthur, do you behold the continuation of your dream?" caught me like a barbed fish hook.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to General Chat