Games for Girls!?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Games for Girls!?

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 16th, 2008, 4:22 pm

EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!!

Because this thread's original topic has found its answer.. Im opening an 'open' question... To save space. Its more eco-friendly that way.. LOL

So anyway...
Do (you?) girls play games? If so? What games do you enjoy??

...And many thanks to those who has helped me find a decision on what to get for my sis... I've asked my regular game store to check for me if i could get my hands of Yo-Jin-Bo off him... And not to mention MY own personal interest in Valkyrie... XD

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Alright.. My sister's birthday is coming up and i've decided to surprise her with a PS2 game!

WOOHOO!!
First of all, guys.. get that 'Ilya' version of imouto love love out of your head.. She's 18 (but i do admit she is hawt in a way)... EHEM.. But anyway, we're very close.

Secondly, girls (i know u are out there somewhere)... if you read above, no im not a pervert. Just a funny guy. I hope... Or my mental state will crumble.

Third, Yes... I guess im abit weird in trying to get my sis a PS2 game. But heh... Im bored with just getting her average Bday stuffs like some earings or perfume or her favourite anime stuffs.

I guess first requirement is English games.
After browsing afew sites, i've noticed the recent Neo Angelique Abyss was from a game. Yeah, i guess she, as a girl, find them appealing... But I was dissapointed to find out that it was still in japanese. Yeah, i know it sux and cuts down the amount of candidates.

And the next would be a personal game for HER...
Not like Burnout Revenge (she's SCARY i tell ya.. Hell hath no fury compared to a woman's scorn bent on a Revenge Takedown) where its more of a MULTIPLAYER game instead of a game for girls.

Lastly, i guess price is not much of a problem. I dont mind paying for imports as well. Considering what she got me for my previous birthday was a Strike Freedom LIGHTNING Grade Gundam model (i cried)... :lol: So i guess i would still get her something else along with the PS2 game.

So help me will ya? Know any games out there that (you??) girls are hoping someone would give as a gift?
Last edited by inferno_flamex on May 2nd, 2008, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Henduluin » April 16th, 2008, 5:14 pm

Might want to post what kind of games she likes. Makes it easier~

(also, in before Disgaea)
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Re: PS2 Game for Girls?? (or my sister... LOL)

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 16th, 2008, 9:43 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:(but i do admit she is hawt in a way)... EHEM.. But anyway, we're very close.

Nothing wrong with finding your sister attractive. But if she is smokin, the you must, I repeat, MUST stick it in her pooper. Immediately. If you're older than her, then it will be even easier.

Otherwise, I'm afraid I can't help you with choosing a game for her. You need to tell us what type of genre she prefers, or what type of things she likes.

Some good PS2 games in general:

Okami
RE4
FF X
FF XII
God of War
Jak and Daxter (1 - 3)
Prince of Persia (1-3)
Katamari Damacy

I'd personally suggest Okami and Katamari Damacy.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » April 16th, 2008, 10:26 pm

Get her the game ur avatar comes from if she doesnt already have it :P

But yea we need to know wat shes into to give u a better idea. I would say okami would be a pretty good choice for any person generally. Since most other games become too focused into a single genre.
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 17th, 2008, 1:22 am

From the sounds of it... I guess there are no games that are mainly directed towards girls... The only one i can think of in that category are Barbie games (provided they still exist), but im sure she has overgrown that.

Hmm... Games that she likes..

-Halo I & II (Yeah, i also own the XBOX)
-Burnout Reveng (as i said, she loves takedowns)
-X-men Legends
-Guitar Hero series
-Soul Calubur series

She LOVES the sims... As expected eh? But i believe she got the whole sims collection...
She's not a big fan of blood, even though she's a big fan of explosions... LOL

But as you can see, these games are mostly tended to multiplyers/family. Are there really no games that are catered towards girls? Or maybe even the main hero... a heroine?

EDIT: As a protective oniisan, i now have a duty to smack chunky-monkey silly after that last comment he made. *prepares frypan*
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby pchunter » April 17th, 2008, 1:48 am

Henduluin wrote:Might want to post what kind of games she likes. Makes it easier~

(also, in before Disgaea)

uhh also, what kinda girl is she (what does she wear, what is her hobbies). Lol first and LAST time i gave my sister a game, she glanced at it for a few seconds, then glanced at me for a few seconds (like how she glares up and down at other people pissing her off) and said thanks. (i dont think she ever opened it lol.)

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:(but i do admit she is hawt in a way)... EHEM.. But anyway, we're very close.

Nothing wrong with finding your sister attractive. But if she is smokin, the you must, I repeat, MUST stick it in her pooper. Immediately. If you're older than her, then it will be even easier.

UHHH OH! THIS. IS. WRONG.! yes inferno_flamex i kno how it feels to have a hot sister, but to prevent future crisises, slap yourself in the face whenever you think that again. (i did that, and calmed down eventually)
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 17th, 2008, 1:57 am

She likes anime prettyboys and habbo/msn/gaia... Pretty much most anime related and chat. Also maybe those simulation games...

I just thought about it.
Heard of any games where the main heroine is surrounded by bishoujos?
Or a dating game.. (eh?? I dont even know they exists beside the H-games)

Hmm.. Kinda like Growlanser HoW, but for girls??
A more direct game is maybe... Fuushigi Yuugi but translated in English. XDDD

PS: people plople... Just call me inferno. Its easier right?
the _flamex part is just there coz im too lazy to think up of a new account/password beside my current email.
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » April 17th, 2008, 2:53 am

inferno_flamex wrote:Heard of any games where the main heroine is surrounded by bishoujos?

You mean... bishounen? Or is she into girls <.
I thought about that, but i don't think there is one for the PS2 (female main character.). You should just give her a pc one, as there are some where the main is a girl. Don't ask me for names, i just know there are some out there.

Also, nice one Chunky haha.

Lastly, we need pics to get to know her. You know, for game research purposes.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 17th, 2008, 3:03 am

Atriel wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:Heard of any games where the main heroine is surrounded by bishoujos shounens ?

Corrected

You mean... bishounen? Or is she into girls <.
I thought about that, but i don't think there is one for the PS2 (female main character.). You should just give her a pc one, as there are some where the main is a girl. Don't ask me for names, i just know there are some out there.

Also, nice one Chunky haha.

Lastly, we need pics to get to know her. You know, for game research purposes.

Ha.. Ha... Nice try...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 17th, 2008, 3:18 am

I'd say get her the Shin Megami Tensei games. Those are just really good RPGs and they are anime-esque, so it would be right up her ally.

Also, what is your avatar from, it seem so familiar.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » April 17th, 2008, 5:22 am

If your sister plays mostly multiplayer games, why are you trying to get her something else?

Anyways, I'd take a look at an RPG called Valkyrie Profile 2. The main character is a girl with a split-personality complex, and for the first few parts of the game she's surrounded by sausages, so it sounds like it meets your prerequisites. There's a lot of customization you can do with your party too, since there's about fifty characters you can recruit (though only thirty or so will join in one play through). The battle system is a bit clunky though; once you figure out how to abuse dodging you can just gimp your way through most battle, and even though the attack system is unique, it doesn't really open up to a lot of strategy.

If you want to try a PC visual novel, Yo-Jin-Bo is worth a look. Never read it so I don't know how good it is, but it sounds like it meets the bishounen requirement.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby najirra » April 17th, 2008, 8:42 am

Valkyrie Profile 2, while indeed being a nice game, has quite a few elements in it that will make no sense unless you played the first game. If she has a PSP I'd recomend VP1 though.

If she doesn't mind old school graphics I'd recomend Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana. Very nice RPG, not too difficult and offers a good amount of stuff to keep her busy for a while, plus it has a cat girl character that will steal your heart the first time you see her.

Other than that, maybe Wild Arms 3, very nice graphics, interesting story, female lead character, but can turn pretty difficult in early stages if you don't do things right. Also loads of dungeon crawling required (typical patern: town, dungeun, town, dungeon, new town, dungeon, etc.).
najirra
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atvaark » April 17th, 2008, 1:07 pm

can't believe no one though of this one...

REZ! with the addon. believe me, you wanted something original? you got it.

google it and laugh.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 17th, 2008, 1:15 pm

@Chunky - My avatar is from SMT Persona 3. The main character..

Well... Honestly? The reason i wanted it NOT be a multiplayer game is because she always always ALWAYS drag me to the PS2 to play. Thus its always a multiplayer game with her... So i wanted a game that she could play by herself. And not drag me out of my room while im studying or something.

And yeah.. I completely forgot the fact that she could play her games on the PC. I guess its because all the games i play are console games.
A VN for girls? Never tought of that... So right now im definitely checking out Yo-Jin-Bo. From what i see in Youtube so far, those guys are really her taste. She loves reading and samurais to boot (blame Rurouni Kenshin on the samurai mania)...

Im also checking out Valkyrie Profile 1&2 more in depth.. As a gamer of course i've heard of it before, but i've never played it myself. So im not sure if i think it would suit her just yet...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » April 17th, 2008, 5:33 pm

My love for Nordic mythology made me love Valkyrie Profile (even with all the changes they made), so i liked it. The problem you will have, is that Valkyrie Profile 1 is hard to get nowadays and if what najirra said is true (i haven't played VP2) getting into VP2 may be a bit hard.

If what i said is 100% right, you should stick to a VN.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » April 18th, 2008, 2:00 am

Atriel wrote:The problem you will have, is that Valkyrie Profile 1 is hard to get nowadays

Is that really true? My brother came home with it for only $25AUD a few weeks ago, and he told me th same thing. It's actually quite common here in Aus, or around where I live at least.

Hmm, I'd also just recommend you buy her a VN. You can't really say you weren't expecting that response, asking here of all places =P.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » April 18th, 2008, 4:03 am

Huh? How much would that be in US dollars?

It's supposed to be around $100, since it is not printed anymore. And the discs were pretty delicate. (I'm talking about the PSX version, maybe he got the PSP one?)
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » April 18th, 2008, 6:30 am

Ahh, sorry, I was talking about the wrong one.

Woah, that would be quite the present if you did get it for her, wouldn't it?
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby najirra » April 18th, 2008, 8:09 am

-[J1N]- wrote:
Atriel wrote:The problem you will have, is that Valkyrie Profile 1 is hard to get nowadays

Is that really true? My brother came home with it for only $25AUD a few weeks ago, and he told me th same thing. It's actually quite common here in Aus, or around where I live at least.

I've seen used PSX copies being sold for 500$ and more at some places. Considdering that the discs are indeed fragile and the slightest scratch can ruin them, it'd be a pretty big gamble to buy an unsealed copy of the game for that much. Of course sealed copies are being sold for even more insane prices...
najirra
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 18th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Yeah.. Valkyrie profile sounds a tad bit $$ and not to mention old.. No offence people. And u must admit... Graphic-wise it does look old compared to todays standards.. Honestly i think i could get a copy ver of the game somewhere... But hey! Its a present!!! No one should receive a copied game for a present. XDDD
That's just plain thoughtless...

Sadly no, we dont own a psp.However Im currently really really considering Yo-jin-bo. But im abit shocked to find out that the makers, Hirameki (i think) are closed down! This is gonna make me have to decide if im gonna go on buying it for her soon. Ookami is also being looked at as of now. And i think i just saw a NEW version of the Sims2 out for PC. Something called Sims2 Free Time. I think...... At least i've never seen it before.. XD
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to General Chat