What do you regret most?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

What do you regret most?

Unread postby pchunter » April 16th, 2008, 12:09 am

Hi, uhhh just realizing that there a lotta more experienced people here in life then me ;P , but. What do you regret most of not doing when you were in your younger years at age... i dont kno... 15? :3. Sorry if this question is offensive in any way or manner, but really, asking my (asian parents)? Obviously i dont even need to ask them. (please be realistic and genuine?)
Last edited by pchunter on April 22nd, 2008, 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby TheXev » April 16th, 2008, 1:18 am

Not telling the girl I liked that I liked her (I did eventually, but I feel I told her after it was far too late). I also regret not forcing myself into a part-time job so i could get money for a car at an earlier age. It would have changed a lot of things for me having a car sooner. I also regret having so much self doubt about myself.

I've grown up alot in those 9 years since age 15... man I'm getting old.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 16th, 2008, 2:02 am

Actually pulling the God damned trigger
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 16th, 2008, 5:10 am

I dont wanna sound old, or even like my parents do...

But i really kinda regretted not taking my studies more seriously when i was still a highschooler. I mean, back then, just 5 years ago, all i had to do was study well with me and my buddies/galfrenz so that i would be accepted to a college that i would really really like...

Regretted the fact that i confessed to the only girl i really liked, but finished it off with "i just wanna tell you how i feel"... That was soooo stupid of me. I realised now that i should have asked her if it was okay to go out instead.

Regret that i did not make use of my teenage life to the fullest, like hanging out with friends more, and to think that i could actually HAVE FUN in school! LOL...

sigh...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atvaark » April 16th, 2008, 8:01 am

i regret telling my dad i hated him. those are the last words i got to tell him before he crashed his car into another one.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 16th, 2008, 8:34 am

Atvaark wrote:i regret telling my dad i hated him. those are the last words i got to tell him before he crashed his car into another one.

That's........ I'm sorry to hear that.

My biggest regret was not handling my relationship with my ex better. I loved her very much, maybe even until now... But i was too naive and handle it in a wrong way, i'm not gonna go into details but in the end we broke up and for several years she hated me. We kinda already patch things up now and manage to remain friends, but yeah... things will never be as it was. She is currently dating my friends... To think that once i trusted him and turn to him to share some of my thoughts after i broke up.

like inferno_flamex, i also regretted not taking my high school years more seriously. I have door to many opportunities opened in front of me and i chose to be irresponsible and laze away.

Last thing is for not doing the best i could to prevent my parents from breaking up. I should have done more in the past and even now, i should never take anything for granted.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby puKKa » April 16th, 2008, 8:44 am

TheXev wrote:Not telling the girl I liked that I liked her

QFT

Also I regret not doing mroe sports and training my body. I've done various types of sports but what I regret is not starting with a martial art at an earily age.

Other then that, not really much I regret I guess. I'm quite happy with my life.
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 16th, 2008, 8:48 am

Ooppss... Double post... sorry about that....
Last edited by lolipedofin on April 16th, 2008, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby idontknoW » April 16th, 2008, 10:40 am

when my life went downhill ever since I had the first taste of failure in college. Back then I used to be a good student with high marks, now well it's just an average one trying to aim for a passing mark and not the times when I used to seek perfection. tl;dr became irresponsible and had lack of motivation.
seriously, I could get around with this, The mind is willing but the body is not. I guess.
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » April 16th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Not knowing about Tsukihime until about a year and a half ago =(
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby ayadew » April 16th, 2008, 7:07 pm

That I didnt have a special realisation sooner. So obvious, yet so far away
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby pchunter » April 16th, 2008, 8:51 pm

What i regret most is telling my Grandfather that i hated him a while before he died of Pancreas cancer right before my very eyes, and i never once told him i loved him. I realize how much of an ass i am and theres nothing i can do to repent. Although im still pretty young, i guess i have to thank you all for your advices, i guess ill try to be a better person.

man, i never realized that this topic would be so depressing. fck i messed up again, sorry guys.
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Tearmorph » April 16th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Yeah this thread sure turned out to be pretty depressing.

even though i am merely 18 years old, theres so much that i regret.
i regret having the mentality of an old man when i was just a kid, not allowing myself to be playing with the other kids.
i regret losing my "old-man mentality" in the later years of my childhood, allowing myself to make mistakes and act stupid.
these contradictions made me grow up to become a twisted person, which i also regret becoming when i could have led a healthy and happy life growing into a normal healthy adult.
i regret not standing up for myself when i was bullied, and i regret not giving people a chance.
i regret straying away from my twisted path and goals, and not having any goals at all.

my whole life was, Unlimited Regret Works
Last edited by Tearmorph on September 5th, 2012, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Close The World...txeN ehT nepO
Tearmorph
Might just like this board

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 16th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Tearmorph, what is your avatar from?
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Tearmorph » April 16th, 2008, 9:51 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Tearmorph, what is your avatar from?

Although off-topic, its Bikko. She's from a manga titled Kesson Shoujo, which will probably never be found. She's kinda my role-model of sorts :roll:
PM me if you want more information.

artist quote: "She's just an underground character. I want you to ignore her."
Close The World...txeN ehT nepO
Tearmorph
Might just like this board

Unread postby DarkRedSky » April 16th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Let's see... what I regret the most. Probably not trying hard enough in my studies and maybe a lack of motivation to do anything.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » April 17th, 2008, 4:55 am

Damn, this is pretty depressing. This is becoming the cliche, but I regret not telling a certain girl that I liked her until it was way too late. Hell, I was crazy about her, normally I'm okay with women but I'd freak if she was even in the same building as me. I didn't really keep my cool when I told her either, which didn't help.

Also I need to exercise more. College is making me (physically) weak, since I never have an excuse to go out anymore.

Well, live and learn.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 17th, 2008, 2:36 pm

HANGING ON THE EDGE OF TOMORROW???
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Superflonic » April 17th, 2008, 3:47 pm

marus wrote:Also I need to exercise more. College is making me (physically) weak, since I never have an excuse to go out anymore.

Same here. Not really the college making me weak. It's just that I started doing sports way too late. Now I got to train all that stuff off.
That, and the fact that I pretty much waste every vacation with doing nothing. Damn, I'd rather get a job instead of doing nothing.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 17th, 2008, 3:57 pm

marus wrote:Well, live and learn.

QFT

Well to PcHunter.. Looks like most people's regret contains the lack of motivation to study, a mistake with that special girl, and realisation of the need to exercise. So learn from our mistakes... XDDD

Damn.. im beginning to sound like my dad...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to General Chat