Yume Miru Kusuri

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Yume Miru Kusuri

Unread postby DtAndroid » April 11th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Hiya guys anyone here played Yume Miru Kusuri? I, for one, found the storyline rather deep and revolving around certain aspects of life we may/may not meet. Of all of the endings, I preferred Mizuki's (the student councillor) ending and storyline.
So what are your views on this visual novel and which ending u liked the most?

p.s. I loved the bgm so much I wanted to extract it out from the file bgm.arc, does anyone know any program that extracts it out? Thanks in advance for that. =]
DtAndroid
Totally hardly posted

Re: Yume Miru Kusuri

Unread postby SPerson » April 11th, 2008, 5:05 pm

DtAndroid wrote:Hiya guys anyone here played Yume Miru Kusuri? I, for one, found the storyline rather deep and revolving around certain aspects of life we may/may not meet. Of all of the endings, I preferred Mizuki's (the student councillor) ending and storyline.
So what are your views on this visual novel and which ending u liked the most?

p.s. I loved the bgm so much I wanted to extract it out from the file bgm.arc, does anyone know any program that extracts it out? Thanks in advance for that. =]

I own it, I got it for a good price since it was released in English (I wish all visual novels were that cheap). I can't call it my favourite visual novel ever, but the story was pretty touching, I liked the voice acting and the characters, the graphics were subpar, or rather they were... pretty peculiar (mouths don't work this way damn it).

p.s. and it's not that deep, it depicted some aspect of life quite skilfully, but I don't see a reason to call it deep, nor did it try to
SPerson
Addict

Unread postby Henduluin » April 11th, 2008, 6:29 pm

Personally, the game hit me really hard, but this is mostly because I went through a similar situation as Aeka. There were actually times where I got literally sick when certain themes started playing.

Aeka and Mizuki's routes were the best by far. Neneko was just... meh. Especially her end was silly, as there was absolutely no reason for her to turn back to her alter-ego.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shirosaki » April 13th, 2008, 11:22 pm

Aeka and Mizuki's routes were well written and nice however like Henduluin i think that nene's was wierd....especially all this fantasy she became rich and wondrous and now is gonna marry him and he's gonna be rich bs, it killed the game from being in my top 30 :?
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » April 14th, 2008, 12:45 am

I played it. And I'm not gonna go for the bad ends. The good endings got me, especially Mizuki. Should I spoil my mood and get the bad ends?

1. Where Aeka tries to commit suicide and never talks to you again.

2. Mizuki dies before giving birth

3. Nekoko goes MIA

Are these worth it?
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 14th, 2008, 1:48 pm

The one which got me was mizuki's...And maybe among all 3, the ONLY one...

I know a girl like that once, in fact i use to have a crush on her too in highschool. The good student type who's actually wild/lost inside... Yeah, so it got me thinking. LOTS...

Now that i think of it.. Its like Mizuki's route is the EXTREME version of her...

PS...

Is there no route with the lil sis? I mean, lolis rule... Right? XDDD

I cant seem to find any though.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DtAndroid » April 14th, 2008, 2:42 pm

There are, but it's quite brief and you don't really get any enjoyment or any sort from it. It rather makes you go wondering why is this main character doing such stuff to his sister than the other 3 girls, but that's my personal opinion on it.

Anw, I searched for extracting game data and came up with sth about Perl and stuff I don't know, anyone care to tell me how you extract it o_O
DtAndroid
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Pregar » April 27th, 2008, 11:49 pm

Really great game, I've been playing it for over 12 hours in a row now and I don't feel like quitting yet ^^ . Voice acting is probably not that good like in some other visual novels, but it's the first time when I really liked H-scenes in a H-game :p . And I think the translation is almost perfect (I just don't like when I hear nii-san, but they translate it as his name).
So thx for the tip, DtAndroid ^^

edit: btw there were a lot of typos in the game, but it's ok now when I applied patch 1.1
Last edited by Pregar on April 28th, 2008, 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pregar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Senai » April 28th, 2008, 12:12 am

I just finished this game this morning and i agree with everyone else, Mizuki's ending was definitely the best. I didn't mind Neneko's ending too much, while both of the other girls' endings were "happy" it was just a different kind of happy for Neneko, which i liked.

I agree with the OP, the thing that hit me the most about this game was the BGM, is there a program out there that can extract these from the game files?
Senai
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Maes » April 28th, 2008, 7:24 am

Henduluin wrote:Personally, the game hit me really hard, but this is mostly because I went through a similar situation as Aeka. There were actually times where I got literally sick when certain themes started playing.

I actually felt physically ill at various points when going through Aeka's story. Some stuff just hit a little too close to home.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Return to General Chat