Your Internet Service Provider

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

How would you rank you ISP?

Great
15%
I'm sastified
23%
Could be better
35%
Bad
13%
Horrible
6%
Ridiculous! I Can't believe I'm paying for this.
8%

Total votes : 48

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 16th, 2008, 10:07 pm

It was normal day, torrenting anime while browsing.... the speed is quite 'good' the download speed is constant at around 35 kbps, This is pretty good for me, believe it or not, check my previous speed test...

Then suddenly, the speed went up the roof, it goes up to 500 kbps, and constantly...!!! Trust me folk, this has never happened before in Indonesia!!!!

This is what i good when i test the speed.... And when i tell all my friends about this they're all goes :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ..... :lol: :lol:

I could only hope that this change is permanent.... The last 5 hours shows good prospect of it to be actually true.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » April 16th, 2008, 11:06 pm

Lucky. That's all I can say. I wish my internet would spike like that.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 17th, 2008, 5:34 am

Sigh.... it was a shortlived dream.... It still 2 times the normal speed i got though it was around 60 kbps when using torrent compared to the usual 30 kbps.... But what a bummer after experiencing torrent at 500 kbps. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » April 17th, 2008, 6:08 am

lolipedofin wrote:Image

Sigh.... it was a shortlived dream.... It still 2 times the normal speed i got though it was around 60 kbps when using torrent compared to the usual 30 kbps.... But what a bummer after experiencing torrent at 500 kbps. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am starting to believe your ISP is throttling all the time, just that 5 hour spike was temporary. Depending on your torrenting program, set the port to a different one. If you have Azureus, I could PM you about it :)
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 17th, 2008, 6:40 am

Nah... that's about right.... Most user in this country live with this kind of speed. I use utorrent, once tried Azureus but gave up after half an hour. I don't think changing port could made a 440kbps difference... I use the same laptop and when i went to singapore it was fast like crazy even though i was only stealing someone unprotected wireless, here, where i pay for my connection, it is slow like crazy!! (Crazy in different way)

The speed i got was about 12 hours after a 24 hour network down from my ISP. Maybe they were doing some repairing or something else, and after done with mine they move fixing someplace else, causing the unused bandwidth to mine... (it was midnight, so i assume less users are active)

Or maybe they just give short-time bonus as compensation for the network down.... :lol:

Well, i dunno... but i'm already used to this speed, so ... meh, gotta bear it.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Inverted » April 18th, 2008, 3:02 pm

pchunter wrote:uhhh wow.. i thought my connection sucks cause i lags in lotta games.. but. dayum.

test 1

test 2 (with temp Cox boost)

*edited

I just wanna Die ..
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 20th, 2008, 4:28 pm

Cox Communications...

Funny how the name 'Cox' Communications... Does not reflect on the speed they give...

I think this is the 2nd time i've seen a Cox Cummunications give out insane speeds... The first one was by another poster from another forum site...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Neofit » April 20th, 2008, 5:22 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Top Countries by download speeds... (in kb/s)

Japan - 13499
Sweden - 8573
Romania - 7418
Lithuania - 6427
Bulgaria - 5978
Korea, Rpblic - 5890
Netherlands - 5846
Germany - 5822
Singapore - 5487

lol ur kiddin rite? Third place? :shock:

I get 3 mbps download and 512 kbps upload (at least it`s what it says in the contract) with no restrictions.
I get about 320 KB/s actual download speed and about 40 KB/s upload.

Best thing about it is that I got the first 6 months and modem for free, and the rest of my 2 year contact period at half price (that`s 12.5 euros/month).
Neofit
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 20th, 2008, 6:18 pm

try a speedtest at speedtest.net (just click one of those pictures with internet speed measured)

I also sometimes curious why there's difference between actual downloading speed and the one in the test. But your ISP are referring to the one in the speedtest... not the one in DAP window, torrent status bar, or your browser display.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Neofit » April 20th, 2008, 6:49 pm

Yeah I know. I`m also wondering about that.
I actually had a test at speedtest.net, but I was too lazy to post the results.

Anyway here it is

I was also under the impression my ISP was RomTelecom. Guess they must have bought ARtelecom :?
Neofit
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Yendi » May 12th, 2008, 9:18 am

A little bit of a bump here:

My ISP is Cox Communications out of Omaha, Nebraska, and I recently tested at 12142 KBps down, and 1030 KBps up.

Of course, the speedtest tells you what your theoretical maximum bandwidth is, but unfortunately most people will never realize that number because of the limited amount of bandwidth websites have to distribute content.

Also, as far as bittorrent goes, on very well-seeded torrents I've had it max out at roughly 1.8MBps down, but that's a rarity.
Yendi
Might just like this board

Unread postby skullreken » May 12th, 2008, 9:39 am

Mine could be better I have no limit to the amount I can download
but my max download speed is about 120kb/s
on top of that upload speed is practically non existant
on the plus side the service is being up graded so my dl sped should rise to 330kb/s average by next month
kanu fanboy and proud of it!
skullreken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » May 13th, 2008, 8:48 am

skullreken wrote:Mine could be better I have no limit to the amount I can download
but my max download speed is about 120kb/s
on top of that upload speed is practically non existant
on the plus side the service is being up graded so my dl sped should rise to 330kb/s average by next month

Oh wow, how much does it cost you a month? I'd kill for an ISP that could give me that,
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby idontknoW » September 18th, 2008, 4:38 am

thread resurrection! just for the other new members out there, post your speeds..

also, i'll just leave this here.

omnomnom upload rates.
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Previous

Return to General Chat