want a pen friend

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby biran007 » April 4th, 2008, 12:21 pm

Kiraiya wrote:
biran007 wrote:What is "tarriffs"? I tried to look it up in dictionary but I couldn't find it.

Since we're helping you with your english...

since "tariffs" is plural you should ask "What are "tariffs"? or "What is a "tariff(singular)"

And they also say that Japanese cartoon contains too much H and violence, which is not suitable for teenagers.
Another reason I think is that there are not so many people like anime in China, and pirate is very common, so anime DVDs cannot be sold very well even if they are available.

That first also is unnecessary and change cartoon to cartoons since in that context cartoon is plural.
That second sentence is phrased strangely. "Another reason for which I believe that japanese anime DVD"s are unsuccessful is that..." instead of "there are not so many people like anime in China" try "the are not many people in China that like anime" instead of pirate you used it as a verb therefore you should use pirating A so clause is grammatically incorrect. That clause is more efficiently written as another sentence. "As a result, anime DVDs don't sell very well." The "even if they were available" part is implied therefore stating it is redundant and makes the statement sound weird.

Thank you for telling me this. I find that my Chinese has some influence on the way I speak English.
If I want to improve, what do you think should I do?
biran007
Might just like this board

Unread postby Raitei » April 4th, 2008, 12:39 pm

read a lot, and practise a lot. and everyone here can help you. ;)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Previous

Return to General Chat