English jpop alternatives?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

English jpop alternatives?

Unread postby bchan009 » March 27th, 2008, 6:23 am

I'm an animation student who's looking for some jpop-like music for some upcoming projects. Does anyone know of any English music that has that jpop sound? (Stuff like the OP for Zero no Tsukaima 2, Shakugan no Shana Second, etc.) Though I like listening to japanese music every once in a while, I do enjoy knowing what the singers are saying. xD

Any sort of help is appreciated. I'll be starting on my final project soon (due May), and am also coming up with storyboards and a premise for a Intermediate Production class I'm doing this fall.

Thanks again! =)
bchan009
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » March 27th, 2008, 6:43 am

Hmm... You might consider looking into what kind of English music is used in (original Japanese) anime. But those are definitely not j-pop style. One thing I do know is that German pop music is very similar to Japanese...

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 27th, 2008, 7:40 am

Like Message said, today some japanese singers happen to be half. well, even if they're not... more japanese singers releasing an all-english lyric song today.

some that i recommend: Angela Aki, Stephanie, Utada Hikaru, Wentz, Rie Fu, etc.

Foreigners:

Angra: Heavy band from Brazil, the beat is a bit similar to japanese... all english lyric. recommended album: Rebirth.
Avril Lavigne: You should know who she is... she influenced some japanese music as well being influenced by theirs... a bit. Japanese loves her, so she might a bit similar.

That's all i can help you with.... should you be searching the idol kind of songs sang with cute voice by cute singer whose gravure photos sells more than their CD's then i guess i have to blow my brain first before finding any....
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 27th, 2008, 11:22 pm

Message wrote:Hmm... You might consider looking into what kind of English music is used in (original Japanese) anime. But those are definitely not j-pop style. One thing I do know is that German pop music is very similar to Japanese...

German pop IS very similar to japanese pop. try searching for some german pop bands. Most of them do sing in english(with heavy german accents lol)
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 28th, 2008, 4:43 am

German pop... never heard them.... the only thing about German music that i know about is Rammstein. It's some sort of heavy metal band or something (i guess?) my friend is a huge fan of the band, along with Bernd Schneider from Bayer Leverkusen.... :lol:
Last edited by lolipedofin on March 29th, 2008, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby bchan009 » March 28th, 2008, 1:09 pm

No offense, but I despise Rammstein. I actually speak German, and their songs are horrible. =P They DO have a girl who sits in a cage and sings during concerts though. >_>;;
bchan009
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Catastrophe » March 28th, 2008, 8:11 pm

^ true, you dont need to speak german to despise them :lol:
lolipedofin wrote:German pop... never heard them.... the only thing about German music that i know about is Rammstein. It's some sort of heavy metal band or something (i guess?) my ex-girlfriend is a huge fan of the band, along with Berndt Schneider from Bayer Leverkusen.... :lol:

fake metal it is <.<
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 28th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Who teh hell said rammstein? How can you like their music? I guess ignorance of the german language is the only way you can sit through one of their songs. seriously get the english lyrics off the interwebs. Rammstein sux hard. And no i cant classify it as metal i classify it as a failure in german music.
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 29th, 2008, 8:39 am

I never like their musics.... I just said that they're the only thing i know out of my very little knowledge of German's music.... Sorry, ok? Don't take it the wrong way... I'm not even their fans, i just happen to know the band from a friend, and i only ever heard their song once... it was... "mutter" or something.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 29th, 2008, 3:50 pm

Just dont assume all german music is like that.....rammstein is an abomination for those who are actually knowledgeable of german...
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby bchan009 » March 31st, 2008, 2:14 am

lol - no offense meant, lolipedofin. It's just that Rammstein is evil, so we naturally get very upset when it is mentioned. xD
bchan009
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 31st, 2008, 6:59 pm

Kiraiya wrote:rammstein is an abomination for those who are actually knowledgeable of german...

Haha.. You know.. A friend of mine actually said the EXACT same thing.. About how he actually understands what they're singing and they're a bunch of crap. LOL

And i think i can understand why.. Coz... The song called "Du Hast" by Rammstein, i admit i was kinda into the headbanging abit at first.. But when i heard the so called 'english' version.. I LOLed out loud!

It was actually sung "You.. YOU HATE.. You HATE me..." again, and again, and again.. Hahaha! It was soooooo emo!
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Return to General Chat