Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Einherjar » March 25th, 2008, 12:51 pm

Well, as I have said, my main is Link. I'm not even close to mastering Link, let alone being good at the game. Marth IS better, and relatively easier to use than Some other characters. On other hand, Fox, which is on the top list (for it's speed), would probably take a long time to get good with it since Fox is a very nimble character. And you would probably have to master wavedash, waveshine, shinespike and stuff. Fox can so piss you off sometimes...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Atvaark » March 25th, 2008, 2:43 pm

yeah! they buffed jigglypuff! i've been using him since ssb 64 and in melee i kept comiting suicide. finally they added ways to recover for my screw ups! (rollout, falling asleep in mid air...)
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 25th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Uh...Jiggs got nerfed. Almost everything about her is worse than in Melee. Her down b is pretty much useless and her neutral b is weak too.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » March 26th, 2008, 12:16 am

Atriel wrote:Really simple, just learn to use a character. Easy to use does not mean it's better.

True. All cause Marth is top tier doesn't mean he's cheap. It all depends on the player. Face it, if two people with equal skills faced off, and one chose Marth and the other chose something like... Olimar (Just an example, with skills it doesn't matter who you choose) it doesn't matter cause either way with match will still be pretty even; assuming that no items. If there were items it's pretty much who ever gets the smash ball has the advantage. As for Marth's critical being hard to dodge. Tell that to my friends, they dodge it at least 75% of the time. Although I think i once got all three other players at once though. Which was awesome.

And anyone tried the GigaPuff glitch?
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 26th, 2008, 1:20 am

Einherjar wrote:Well, as I have said, my main is Link. I'm not even close to mastering Link, let alone being good at the game. Marth IS better, and relatively easier to use than Some other characters. On other hand, Fox, which is on the top list (for it's speed), would probably take a long time to get good with it since Fox is a very nimble character. And you would probably have to master wavedash, waveshine, shinespike and stuff. Fox can so piss you off sometimes...

No wavedash and waveshine in brawl so you dont have to worry about that.
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 26th, 2008, 1:22 am

DarkRedSky wrote:
Atriel wrote:Really simple, just learn to use a character. Easy to use does not mean it's better.

True. All cause Marth is top tier doesn't mean he's cheap. It all depends on the player. Face it, if two people with equal skills faced off, and one chose Marth and the other chose something like... Olimar (Just an example, with skills it doesn't matter who you choose) it doesn't matter cause either way with match will still be pretty even; assuming that no items. If there were items it's pretty much who ever gets the smash ball has the advantage. As for Marth's critical being hard to dodge. Tell that to my friends, they dodge it at least 75% of the time. Although I think i once got all three other players at once though. Which was awesome.

And anyone tried the GigaPuff glitch?

lol marth isnt top tier material anymore especially with Ike around. the gigapuff glitch is sooo hard to pull off i want to do it but i could never get it >>. ou well. anyone else wants to post FC for online playing? My toon link wants to battle lol
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 26th, 2008, 2:10 am

tires don exits

that being said, top tier this time will be:

Toon Link
Wolf
Olimar (maybe)
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 26th, 2008, 2:18 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:tires don exits

Toon Link
Wolf
Olimar (maybe)

U forgot Ike
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby tankshell » March 26th, 2008, 2:22 am

It was built up way too much... I don't think it's that great. Of course, that might be because I suck.

I was good at 64, but then I never got good at Melee, because I never had a GameCube. It seems to me that the gameplay in Brawl is too similar to Melee and the Wii features aren't used at all (except for the pointless and inaccurate 'swing the wiimote for smash moves' thing).

I was trying to practice one on one with a comp, but it is very irritating.
I basically get caught in some gay combos, get frustrated, get pissed, and give up.
tankshell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atriel » March 26th, 2008, 2:55 am

There will be tiers, eventually. Sure there's no dashing (yay, i hated that) but i doubt there won't be tiers because of that, it just takes time.

I bet Pit will be a top one. Maybe even Snake, at first he is weird but you can pull off great attacks with him. Fox again... maybe. Marth or Ike.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » March 26th, 2008, 12:45 pm

True, there's no wave dash... But there's waveland.
@ DarkRedSky: I didn't mean he's cheap (it was a joke), but I do believe that if two player with equal skill face off using Marth against Link Marth would have a bigger chance here. If you're having so much trouble with critical hit, try doing it close range, It should be unavoidable If you unleash it and you're opponent is standing near you.

P.S. I heard that Diddy Kong is in the tops. >_>
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 26th, 2008, 9:39 pm

Kiraiya wrote:
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:tires don exits

Toon Link
Wolf
Olimar (maybe)

U forgot Ike

Serious:

He isn't top tier material. Too slow. DeDeDe has a better chance than him.

Not serious:

DEWD DA FAWK YOU TALKIN BOUT?? DUN YOU KNOW ABOUT DEM UBER AWESOME PRO KIDS THAT JUST SIT IN A CORNER SPAMMING Eruption?? DEY BE LEET DAWG. MO FUCKIN' LEET.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 27th, 2008, 1:15 am

The guy can KO u at 35% >> i don not see how thats NOT top tier material. And of course if a n00b plays it hes slow but have you seen a "good" Ike? That guy is broken i swear. DDD is good but his slowness makes up for it unlike ike whos walking speed is like 2x that of DDD. The guy can meteor you like nothing. And yeah diddy is pretty good and has a good chance of going top tier along with G&W.
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » March 27th, 2008, 2:41 am

Kiraiya wrote:lol marth isnt top tier material anymore especially with Ike around. the gigapuff glitch is sooo hard to pull off i want to do it but i could never get it >>. ou well. anyone else wants to post FC for online playing? My toon link wants to battle lol

Gigapuff is simple to pull off. IF the other players don't bother you and there is a compliant Yoshi. But other than for lols Gigapuff is useless. Basically just use the final smash when the bridge is repairing and you get twice as big. Get bigger everytime Yoshi eats you. Me and my friends have dont it to the point where doing anything would kill Gigapuff. Anything... moving, jumping and attacking.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 27th, 2008, 2:59 am

Kiraiya wrote:The guy can KO u at 35% >> i don not see how thats NOT top tier material. And of course if a n00b plays it hes slow but have you seen a "good" Ike? That guy is broken i swear. DDD is good but his slowness makes up for it unlike ike whos walking speed is like 2x that of DDD. The guy can meteor you like nothing. And yeah diddy is pretty good and has a good chance of going top tier along with G&W.

Yes I've played a "good" Ike and he still can't handle Toon Link or Wolf.

On the other hand, because of DeDeDe, some stages have been tournament banned.

As it stands, Marth > Ike and Marth is no where near top tier.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ayadew » March 27th, 2008, 10:18 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:As it stands, Marth > Ike and Marth is no where near top tier.

Yes, it's quite sad.. I like Ike ^^
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » March 27th, 2008, 2:12 pm

Kiraiya wrote:The guy can KO u at 35% >> i don not see how thats NOT top tier material. And of course if a n00b plays it hes slow but have you seen a "good" Ike? That guy is broken i swear. DDD is good but his slowness makes up for it unlike ike whos walking speed is like 2x that of DDD. The guy can meteor you like nothing. And yeah diddy is pretty good and has a good chance of going top tier along with G&W.

Ike is god in power, but he is just too slow. Ether takes too long (at least there's hyper armor), Eruption is worse than Roy's B, and quick draw leaves you so open after. Unless if you can play mind games extremely well(...), You'll probably only land a few hits on enemies. Oh and yes he is awesome when you're fighting CPU I guess. I want my Roy...
I hate toon Link for being better than Link>=(
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » June 18th, 2008, 5:00 am

*Bumps*

Anyone wants to play? I'm tired of using "With Anyone"so i thought i could check if someone was up to some brawls.

Again, my friend code: 4553-9819-8553

My used characters are at the moment:
Marth, Ike, Fox, Samus & Zero Suit Samus, Cap. Falcon, Link, Ganondorf, Peach, Pit, Zelda, Sheik, Snake and the Ice Climbers. Amongst others yet to fully check.

BTW, Ike is good dammit, just play smart.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » June 18th, 2008, 4:12 pm

If you were awake at around the same time I play, I'd give it a shot, but it unless you're nocturnal, I don't think the time frame's the best for either of us ^ ^"

This is assuming you're somewhere else away from Aus.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » June 18th, 2008, 6:29 pm

I play at midnight sometimes :P (Woot, vacations)

Aus. = Australia or Austria <.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat