Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 21st, 2008, 3:30 am

Hey ppls i recently finished UBW so now im stuck with nothing to do. I assume ppl here dont just play VN but regular games as well so im posting my friend code here so maybe we can play some online Brawl. If anyone is interested post your friend code here and ill add you. Hope you guys will join me for some
online Brawl

My FC 1075-0581-4582
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
User avatar
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 265
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 4:14 am
Location: Good Ole Deutschland

Unread postby Atriel » March 21st, 2008, 5:09 am

I can add you later.

I just started playing, but it lags for me, do you have that problem? If it ends up being my connection (kinda weird, since i don't lag in other things) i'll have to buy some annoying wires...
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 21st, 2008, 5:13 am

It lags like crazy on stages with lots of effects. I play on simple stages like FD and smashville. if you stick with those stages and keep items on medium or lower that should reduce the lag by a lot.
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
User avatar
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 265
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 4:14 am
Location: Good Ole Deutschland

Unread postby Einherjar » March 21st, 2008, 10:02 pm

Well, I played it with my friend a few times on his wii, and I'm a bit disappointed, to tell the truth. Roy is removed (replace by Ike, meh) and Link (my fav) got even slower with a crappier boomerang. It's really good, but didn't really go my way.
User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away

Unread postby DarkRedSky » March 22nd, 2008, 1:14 am

Sure some characters were nerfed but the smash ball adds a new strategy. Mainly rape the person who gets the ball, then betray everyone and get it yourself.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 286
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 12:07 am
Location: You tell me

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 22nd, 2008, 1:15 am

DarkRedSky wrote:Sure some characters were nerfed but the smash ball adds a new strategy. Mainly rape the person who gets the ball, then betray everyone and get it yourself.


I dont know how its betrayal if your against them from the beginning...
So im guessing no ones interested in some online pwnage?
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
User avatar
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 265
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 4:14 am
Location: Good Ole Deutschland

Unread postby Atriel » March 22nd, 2008, 3:06 am

I actually like Link, his hits are stronger and easier to connect. The boomerang still hits and if you play smart it is useful when coming back. Ike is way stronger than Roy, wich adds for variety between him and Marth.

The game is good for me, but dammit, no Lyn and Ridley ;_; (playable)


So im guessing no ones interested in some online pwnage?

Oh yeah, i'll add you tomorrow, i just had some things to do. (as in, UBW)

ED: Just added you, my code is 4553 9819 8553
Last edited by Atriel on March 22nd, 2008, 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 22nd, 2008, 3:40 am

Eh...I've got brawl sitting in my Wii...but I honestly don't feel like playing it. I feel like complete shit these days...oh man...don't think I can take anymore of this...


Samus ftw I guess.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
User avatar
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 371
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 6:45 am
Location: Behind you with a loli

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 22nd, 2008, 4:12 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Eh...I've got brawl sitting in my Wii...but I honestly don't feel like playing it. I feel like complete shit these days...oh man...don't think I can take anymore of this...


Samus ftw I guess.


Damn dude u seem depressed. Hope you feel better.
I myself am a big lucas user. I wish they added the chars from ToS like Lloyd and Kratos but I guess my wish didnt come true. o well
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
User avatar
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 265
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 4:14 am
Location: Good Ole Deutschland

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 22nd, 2008, 7:40 pm

Hah yeah yesterday was really rough. But I feel great now! 8)


But I'm still bummed that I suck bawls with Samus in Brawl...hell I'm better with Wolf or Toon Link but I WANT TO MAIN SAMUS DAMMIT :x
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
User avatar
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 371
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 6:45 am
Location: Behind you with a loli

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 22nd, 2008, 8:40 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Hah yeah yesterday was really rough. But I feel great now! 8)


But I'm still bummed that I suck bawls with Samus in Brawl...hell I'm better with Wolf or Toon Link but I WANT TO MAIN SAMUS DAMMIT :x


Its cool we all suck. I was getting my ass kicked by Atriel up there. Damn i thought i was decent but he kills my self esteem. lol. Its fun though, i never really played to win but its cool when you can fight people your own level. Fight me and ill bet youll win lol
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
User avatar
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 265
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 4:14 am
Location: Good Ole Deutschland

Unread postby Atriel » March 22nd, 2008, 9:10 pm

It was fun, you won some games anyway. I lag with a friend from the same country and i barely lagged with you :shock:

Damn Snake, i was killing myself D:
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby DarkRedSky » March 22nd, 2008, 10:28 pm

It's times like these that I wished I had a wifi adapter. Better go buy one soon. Marth is my main and Ike is my second.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 286
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 12:07 am
Location: You tell me

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 22nd, 2008, 11:24 pm

Atriel wrote:It was fun, you won some games anyway. I lag with a friend from the same country and i barely lagged with you :shock:

Damn Snake, i was killing myself D:


Same country? Where you from?
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
User avatar
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 265
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 4:14 am
Location: Good Ole Deutschland

Unread postby Atriel » March 22nd, 2008, 11:39 pm

Mexico. (I meant same country as me) His connection is kinda shitty at the moment i suppose. The state he lives in is neighbouring mine... and you are from the other side of the world :roll:

DarkRedSky wrote:It's times like these that I wished I had a wifi adapter. Better go buy one soon. Marth is my main and Ike is my second.


They are both very good for me too, but i need precission with Ike, if i miss i'm way too open.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby Einherjar » March 24th, 2008, 12:17 pm

Hm, maybe I should get a wii after all. But I'm still not too convinced about it.
Atriel wrote:I actually like Link, his hits are stronger and easier to connect. The boomerang still hits and if you play smart it is useful when coming back. Ike is way stronger than Roy, wich adds for variety between him and Marth.

Link IS worse than before. He might still be good, but definitely slower than melee (actually, he's in the top of the second bottom tier in melee). And I personally like Roy better since his B and front smash are simply awesome, where as Ike's are going close to clumsy. And ether is so friggin annoying to use sometimes. Ike is really good (front smash 33% WTF?) but I just want Roy to be in there, they don't have to take him out. As to the smash ball, since Ike deals double the damage I (link) do, It's extremely rare to get one TT_TT Guess I'll switch to Marth... I hate that guy. Marth = cheap
User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away

Unread postby DarkRedSky » March 24th, 2008, 2:27 pm

Einherjar wrote:Hm, maybe I should get a wii after all. But I'm still not too convinced about it.
Atriel wrote:I actually like Link, his hits are stronger and easier to connect. The boomerang still hits and if you play smart it is useful when coming back. Ike is way stronger than Roy, wich adds for variety between him and Marth.

Link IS worse than before. He might still be good, but definitely slower than melee (actually, he's in the top of the second bottom tier in melee). And I personally like Roy better since his B and front smash are simply awesome, where as Ike's are going close to clumsy. And ether is so friggin annoying to use sometimes. Ike is really good (front smash 33% WTF?) but I just want Roy to be in there, they don't have to take him out. As to the smash ball, since Ike deals double the damage I (link) do, It's extremely rare to get one TT_TT Guess I'll switch to Marth... I hate that guy. Marth = cheap


How exactly is Marth cheap? I personally think he's fun to use, on top of that he's slightly harder to use especially with the wiimote. For example his limited up smash and his new very limited B special (they literally gotta stand DIRECTLY in front of you to hit). Then there's the final smash, I can't count the number of times I either...

1) Final smashed in mid air and flew off my cause I missed.
2) Final smash failed because I was on the ground and I hit a ledge.
3) Controls HORRIBLE with a wiimote (I really got to get myself a Gamecube controller)
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 286
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 12:07 am
Location: You tell me

Unread postby Einherjar » March 24th, 2008, 8:05 pm

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tier
Marth is in the high tier, face it. Look at the tier list. Aside from that, he has instant counter (faster than Ike's) can slash twice in the air, combos are easy to connect (heard of ken combo?), moves have almost no lag, and Dolphin slash is good. It's instant, has good vertical movement too. His grab is almost as long as claw shot. He's Final Smash is instant kill at 0% and can't be dodged at close range (supposed to be used at close range). Not to mention the tipper. And you could have just used a GC controller, your point of using Marth is hard doesn't even make an arguement. Compare to Link, he has every advantage over him (aside from range, he got reduced in SSBB). When I say cheap, I don't really mean it, but he is an very easy, or at least a much better character to use when compared Link or Ike. I'm pretty amazed that Aniki actually beat Ken with Link. As for hating Marth, I played FE and don't really like him, that's all. I want my Eliwood... Or at least put Cloud in or something.
User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away

Unread postby Atriel » March 24th, 2008, 10:24 pm

Really simple, just learn to use a character. Easy to use does not mean it's better.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 24th, 2008, 10:42 pm



DANJOU DANJOU!DANJOU DANJOU!DANJOU DANJOU!DANJOU DANJOU!DANJOU DANJOU!DANJOU DANJOU!DANJOU DANJOU!DANJOU DANJOU!DANJOU DANJOU!DANJOU DANJOU!
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
User avatar
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 371
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 6:45 am
Location: Behind you with a loli

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron