What's your ritual after finishing a...

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

What's your ritual after finishing a...

Unread postby Superflonic » March 19th, 2008, 9:53 am

Manga, anime, VN, game, book, whatever?

Reason for this thread? Cause I just finished the Black Lagoon anime, and I always have a temporary depression after finishing something that was great.

As I said, I'm temporarily depressed for about a day or two, untill I find another great anime that I should watch, or another great book that I should read.
So, right now I'm sobbing in the darkest corner in my house.

Well, what do you do?
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 19th, 2008, 10:09 am

Quite the same as yours if it was very good. Sometimes I think it'd be a waste to just watch/read through something straight away so I leave it for quite a while, then take my time finishing it. What I do sometimes is get something related to it, for example, the OST and listen through it, and cry loudly. Getting it out all at once is better than squeezing it out slowly, so give it a shot =).

I also tend to have those 'ZOMG the series really ended' attacks once in a while afterwards.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » March 19th, 2008, 10:20 am

A bit similarly, if it was a great item, I tend to find out about and get everything related to it- OSTs, sequels and so on. I often also think about the logical claims present in it and how viable/realistic it was, what possible plotholes there were and whether you can come up with plausible explanations to cover them (pretty often you can even if the original creators probably didn't even think about it), and what was left missing. I sometimes write up my thoughts about them. It's great if I have someone to discuss these things with.

If I'm left depressed afterwards (great items often leave you with a feeling of loss/emptiness when they're over) I may also immediately start watching something like a light comedy series - or possibly take a whole different direction and for instance play a strategy game for a few days straight.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 19th, 2008, 10:36 am

Whenever a great anime series ended, it usually left me with some empty feeling. Because, most of 'em are cliffhanger ending, and even though it's not, it's still depressing knowing that nothing else will come from the series.

I'm still yet to be depressed by a VN though, after i played a VN, i mostly left with satisfaction feeling, because it's LOOOONG. When i finished, the first word to come out from my mouth is usually, "phew". there's some short one, but mostly doesn't leave enough impression to feel sad about. Maybe F/SN can be the first one that made me depressed after the ending, i did feel somehow empty after Fate, but knowing that there's still UBW and HF to wait for, made me more excited than depressed. Dunno, maybe after HF. But since there's F/HA, maybe i will still be more excited than being down, and -correct me if i'm wrong- Wasn't F/HA suppose to be merrier than F/SN? if it is, maybe i still feel satisfied after it.
Looks like Clannad could also do that, still waiting faithfully for the translation.

While for manga, most Adachi Mitsuru's manga left me with depression... He love to left the manga finished with a big question mark, one that is left to us to decide what the end is. The ending for "H2" is just him being mean. After 34 volumes of drama, excitement and twist in the story, the ending was painful to read. Thank god they made a dorama out of it and it kinda answered everything... dunno whether it's canon though.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby md » March 20th, 2008, 1:07 am

My life has been a hollow humorless shell since Galaxy Angel ended.
Nipaaa
md
Crack Addic!

Re: What's your ritual after finishing a...

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 21st, 2008, 12:50 am

Superflonic wrote:Reason for this thread? Cause I just finished the Black Lagoon anime, and I always have a temporary depression after finishing something that was great.

Oh God. I remember when I finished Black Lagoon. I was depressed for almost 2 months as nothing could match its awesomeness. Then I ended up watching Code Geass and it got me out of that state of depression.

But what do I do when I finish anime/games/eroge? Find doujins and masturbate furiously.

jk.

Actually I usually watch the credits then kinda sit there for a few minutes and reflect upon the series. The high points, low points, then do a mini review of it in my head.

Either that or I just say to myself "wow that was fun. Now it is time to go find some moar loli"
Last edited by Chunky-MonkeyLOL on March 21st, 2008, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 21st, 2008, 4:15 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:But what do I do when I finish anime/ganes/eroge? Find doujins and masturbate furiously.

*Take a step back*

*Cold sweating heavily...*

*Running frantically*
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 21st, 2008, 4:27 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Either that or I just say to myself "wow that was fun. Now it is time to go find some moar loli"

Seconded
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AddleBoy » March 21st, 2008, 4:47 am

Kiraiya wrote:
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Either that or I just say to myself "wow that was fun. Now it is time to go find some moar loli"

Seconded

Thirded

But, seriously, when I finish a series of any kind, especially if it's one I really like, I take a few minutes to reflect on what happened. This usually ends up with me losing my train of thought and pacing back and forth in my room for another hour or so while thinking about something completely different.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 21st, 2008, 5:06 am

AddleBoy wrote:
Kiraiya wrote:

Seconded

Thirded

But, seriously, when I finish a series of any kind, especially if it's one I really like, I take a few minutes to reflect on what happened. This usually ends up with me losing my train of thought and pacing back and forth in my room for another hour or so while thinking about something completely different.

That is why you should reflect on it while taking a dump. No, I'm completely serious. Using the toilet as a way to amplify your ability to think and reflect on things is a skill that many people should learn. Hell, 80% of all the thesis' I have written were thought up on the can. It helped me. It can help you.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kiraiya » March 21st, 2008, 5:08 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:
AddleBoy wrote:
Kiraiya wrote:[quote="Chunky-MonkeyLOL"]Either that or I just say to myself "wow that was fun. Now it is time to go find some moar loli"

Seconded

Thirded

That is why you should reflect on it while taking a dump. No, I'm completely serious. Using the toilet as a way to amplify your ability to think and reflect on things is a skill that many people should learn. Hell, 80% of all the thesis' I have written were thought up on the can. It helped me. It can help you.[/quote]

Im too busy playing my DS to think when im taking a dump. Any other suggestions?
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Superflonic » March 21st, 2008, 6:35 am

Kiraiya wrote:Im too busy playing my DS to think when im taking a dump. Any other suggestions?

Stop playing eroge on your DS? :lol:
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby randomanon? » March 23rd, 2008, 6:48 am

the worst part of a good anime/ VN is its end :(
randomanon?
Might just like this board

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 23rd, 2008, 7:19 am

Would you prefer a neverending series that span for years with it's quality gradually decaying, the rating faltering, and eventually ended with a half-assed ending that get's your eyebrow twitching, and feel sorry for yourself that you actually once followed the series....

Sorry for the cynicism... although i wrote that, it's not that i'm fond of endings in a good anime... but considering that it could become as i described up there, i prefer it to be end properly.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » March 23rd, 2008, 9:14 am

randomanon? wrote:the worst part of a good anime/ VN is its end :(
it depends, I must say. but yeah, as lolipedofin said, I prefer animes/movies/vns that have a proper finishing.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Ciel » March 23rd, 2008, 9:39 am

Yeah, agreed. The longer an anime (or game, or just about anything else) lasts, the worse it tends to get.

Can't tell much about animes since those I watched were almost all rather short, but for games let's take castlevania and its constant degeneration. It's been going for over 20 years now, and while the start was great, the recent few titles are hollow imitations that don't have the spirit that made the old games great. :P
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 23rd, 2008, 12:38 pm

Long series that i once (or still) followed:
Naruto, after 120th episode (i got it from friends, he gave me a 20 cm thick of Naruto fansub burned on CD) i decided it's silly of me to still continue watching....
Gundam SEED, While the SEED is an enjoyment, the successor, Gundam SEED Destiny was simply a pain to watch, can only hope that the movie turn out to be good.
Hayate no Gotoku, start to show decline in quality

Crappy ending:
RAVE, only 26 episodes, but the ending just plain cruel.... it was solely intended to promote the manga i guess...
Star Ocean EX, 26 episodes too.. crappy anime from start to the end. (so it's not just the ending :P )
Elfen Lied, Just 13 episodes, a good, no, great series... but the ending was... plain cruel.... it was the meanest cliffhanger to me by far.

Yeah, there's more... but those are the notables one for me (that i remember)

anyone had their shares of similar thing?
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » March 23rd, 2008, 12:42 pm

lolipedofin wrote:Long series that i once (or still) followed:
Naruto, after 120th episode (i got it from friends, he gave me a 20 cm thick of Naruto fansub burned on CD) i decided it's silly of me to still continue watching....
Gundam SEED, While the SEED is an enjoyment, the successor, Gundam SEED Destiny was simply a pain to watch, can only hope that the movie turn out to be good.
Hayate no Gotoku, start to show decline in quality

Crappy ending:
RAVE, only 26 episodes, but the ending just plain cruel.... it was solely intended to promote the manga i guess...
Star Ocean EX, 26 episodes too.. crappy anime from start to the end. (so it's not just the ending :P )
Elfen Lied, Just 13 episodes, a good, no, great series... but the ending was... plain cruel.... it was the meanest cliffhanger to me by far.

Yeah, there's more... but those are the notables one for me (that i remember)

anyone had their shares of similar thing?
it's strange you haven't mentioned db, sempai... after all, it's been running for more than 10 years in indonesia :lol: :lol:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 23rd, 2008, 12:55 pm

Oh yeah.... that's right the perfect example of a good series turn bad after a very LOOOOOONG airing time. It's ridiculous! a scene that only took 2-4 panels in the manga ("fusion" of Neil and Piccolo) was done in like more than 5 minutes in anime... and it's purely light and screaming during the fusion, to make it worse, we got the crappy Indonesian dubber in TV it was like, "AHHHHHHH *breath* AAHHHHHHHH *breath* AHHHHHHHH" for more than 5 minutes! Well, i've seen it in Animax, it is 'slightly' better with japanese seiyuu... still crappy though, never mind the ending.

Just a sidenote: The manga was cool!
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » March 24th, 2008, 12:31 pm

I'm reading Naruto 394...
At least they're not as long as Inuyasha...yet.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Next

Return to General Chat