What's your ritual after finishing a...

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 24th, 2008, 7:14 pm

All great things MUST come to an end.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » March 24th, 2008, 8:41 pm

Garrgh.. Yeah.. i know how you feel.

Worst case scenario?

I would more or less, lock myself in my room... Lie down in bed, close my eyes... And let my imagination run wild... As in.. imagine myself as 'one of the main characters' in the show, for a NEW season.. Or something like that..

Pretty soon i would fall asleep..

Its all unconciously done, i can tell ya that...

One of the few animes i've experienced that is GreenGreenTV.. And yes.. Fate/Stay Night... I couldnt get Saber out of my head at that time.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 24th, 2008, 9:24 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Garrgh.. Yeah.. i know how you feel.

Worst case scenario?

I would more or less, lock myself in my room... Lie down in bed, close my eyes... And let my imagination run wild... As in.. imagine myself as 'one of the main characters' in the show, for a NEW season.. Or something like that..

Pretty soon i would fall asleep..

Its all unconciously done, i can tell ya that...

One of the few animes i've experienced that is GreenGreenTV.. And yes.. Fate/Stay Night... I couldnt get Saber out of my head at that time.
Hah so I'm not the only person that imagines himself being put into a series! Awesome I'm not as schizophrenic as I expected. Yeah I do similar things at night when I'm having trouble sleeping. :?

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » March 24th, 2008, 10:10 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:All great things MUST come to an end.
in fact, "all things that have a beginning must have an end"- the oracle in the matrix revolution

I dunno why, but it seems that I have built a some kind of "fortress" inside my brain unconsciously, so that I never experience the same depression as after reading through fate route. it seems to go well... too well :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » March 25th, 2008, 5:32 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Awesome I'm not as schizophrenic as I expected
The other way to look at it is, every one here is schizophrenic... Otakuism after all, only waiting to be considered mental/psychological disorder :lol: . Just imagine, any 'normal people' lurking through these forums will be scared out of their shit, Reading a thread full of people contemplating their 'depression' after watching a good anime being ended.

That's why... Spread otakuism! spread anime, manga and VN. Remember! you are considered not normal when you go against the pattern of society at large, that's why let's change the society, the WORLD!! :twisted: .

PS: Me too! after watching F/SN anime, i created hundreds of unwritten fan-ficts in my mind... how in the end Shirou ended up with Rin, how Saber will return (which surprisingly, not that different to Last episodes), etc.
Uchi kaeru....

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 25th, 2008, 5:39 am

:?

Anyone who isn't Japanese can't be an otaku. Nerd: yes. Geek: fuck yeah seaking (that is where I fall in). Loser: sure (fall in here too).

Otherwise I smell weeaboo :wink:

Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread post by Ryuusoul » March 25th, 2008, 9:49 am

I tend to save the last episode for the last thing I do before I go to bed. It lets everything sink in a little better.

Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Phlebas » March 25th, 2008, 11:20 am

Ryuusoul wrote:I tend to save the last episode for the last thing I do before I go to bed. It lets everything sink in a little better.
I don't do that with the same motivation, but if I'm caught up in a series that's nearing the end I usually don't go to sleep before I've finished it even if it goes long into the night - it's a bad habit because if the ending is drastic I may not get any sleep after that on top of already having gone to bed way late (or early) ^^.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » March 25th, 2008, 11:24 am

Ryuusoul wrote:I tend to save the last episode for the last thing I do before I go to bed. It lets everything sink in a little better.
Rofl.. I tried that for Utawarerumono!

I made it a point to finish the last stage from the game, and watch the last episode on the same night.

But it turns out that i couldnt sleep with all the contradicting thoughts in my head. XD
► Show Spoiler
How can you sleep with such a contradiction as that? On the same night even...

Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread post by Ryuusoul » March 25th, 2008, 1:42 pm

inferno_flamex wrote: Rofl.. I tried that for Utawarerumono!

I made it a point to finish the last stage from the game, and watch the last episode on the same night.

But it turns out that i couldnt sleep with all the contradicting thoughts in my head. XD
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Qu4Z
Might just like this board

Unread post by Qu4Z » March 25th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Re: the original topic...
If it was particularly good I'll just sit for a while and reflect on it in my mind.
That or get stupidly depressed for a short while (like Byousoku x_x (which is brilliant, and everyone should watch))

Personally I like my media to end. I dislike bad endings, but I honestly think I'd prefer a bad ending to no ending. Maybe I'm strange like that :P

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » March 25th, 2008, 6:34 pm

Ryuusoul wrote:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

I finished the game first before watching just that final episode of the anime. But I think the only thing i can agree that is similar about the 2 is...
► Show Spoiler

Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread post by Ryuusoul » March 25th, 2008, 7:21 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:
Ryuusoul wrote:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

I finished the game first before watching just that final episode of the anime. But I think the only thing i can agree that is similar about the 2 is...
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » April 1st, 2008, 8:56 pm

It feels weird that nobody mentioned KEY VN's or even the animes KyoAni has made based on their work. Those endings do leave a hole in your heart, for example, i really did shed tears on Makoto's ending, it's just so sad, and the teaser is even more heart breaking.

Alas, the Mizuru ending from AIR is really heartbreaking also, even more than Makoto's. Another that comes to mind is Planetarian, which has a great setting that isn't fully explored on the VN.

My thoughts about what to do after ending such a great manga, anime, VN, is to go play something (Action games are better, less plot-centric). It relaxes you and keeps your mind elsewhere.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 2nd, 2008, 1:19 am

Shit last night I finished Golden Boy and was depressed as hell. Hot damn, Kintaro is God. I aspire to be just like him. I want to BE KINTARO!!!!

Yeah, I can't wait till Soul Eater and R2 air.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » April 2nd, 2008, 3:38 am

Raitei wrote:I dunno why, but it seems that I have built a some kind of "fortress" inside my brain unconsciously, so that I never experience the same depression as after reading through fate route. it seems to go well... too well :P
that sentence made me imagine some sort of Reality Marble :lol:
------------
on topic: it really depends, when i finished Fate, Elfen Lied, Byousoku, Hisui's true ending (cant remember if another one) i found myself staring blankly at the ceiling (crying with Byousoku, totally agreed with Qu4Z) for about 5 minutes.

and the mental fanfic..... yeah made a lot of them as well... :P
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » April 2nd, 2008, 4:21 pm

Do my homework. I'll probably have 5 Essays due the next day or something. -_-

tankshell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by tankshell » April 3rd, 2008, 1:25 am

-Feel depressed after a good one
-Look for more after a decent one
-Go watch TV after a bad one

Looks like everyone gets depressed after watching good anime..

Donvermicelli
Addict

Unread post by Donvermicelli » April 5th, 2008, 10:29 pm

Usually when I finish an item like CodeaGeass that's so awensome I sit there dumbfounded, laughing at it's awensomeness going insane. then when that has cooled down I watch the series another 5 times or so until I start notcing I know each and every frame that's gonna show up/

yud1
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by yud1 » April 6th, 2008, 5:01 am

after finishing anime (or vn or whatever in the kind), I guess then comes a review. of course, after being dumbfounded after a really brilliant twist to the end (read: Code Geass) or shocked upon my chair and not moving for 5-to-10 minutes after looks-like-happy-ending-turns-twisted (read: Hisui's True Ending in Tsukihime) or even laughing for tremendous-hatred comes to real-satisfaction (read: School Days)...

and there would be review. at least after I have my head cool down and I start to think such like 'F/SN anime had its drawbacks on...' or 'Tsukihime anime is not entirely bad' (yeah, there IS an anime adaptation of Tsukihime :mrgreen: ) or even 'Code Geass developed slow-paced storyline on its early episodes'. sure, I believe in reviewing (in some sort) as one of means to keep me objective and unbiased about the series.
► Show Spoiler
matter of preference, though. a good story is good story nevertheless.