Mirrormoon mentioned in issue 65 of the magazine "games

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Mirrormoon mentioned in issue 65 of the magazine "games

Unread postby Kura » February 23rd, 2008, 6:04 pm

Hey guys, just thought you'd be interested in knowing that you were mentioned on an article about Doujin-Soft on page 159.

"Creating visual novels for practically no money is tough enough, but Mirror Moon has awarded itself the ominous task of making those fundamental doujin-soft games accessible to the English-speaking gamer."

Included an image of FSN's tiger dojo.
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby WingZero » February 23rd, 2008, 8:57 pm

Well, the least they could've done was to get the name right =/.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » February 23rd, 2008, 9:22 pm

Awesome. Kudos to mirror moon staff.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Message » February 24th, 2008, 8:07 am

Indeed. Someone assream them for trying to perpetuate the incorrect capitalization. Whoever they are. The name didn't fit in the topic.

Edit: actually, Kura didn't spell it right either. Come on people, how difficult can a name be? >__>

Unread postby -[J1N]- » February 24th, 2008, 10:52 am

Message wrote:actually, Kura didn't spell it right either. Come on people, how difficult can a name be? >__>

Haha, you didn't see that? I personally think the error's going to stay for life.

At least people are more aware of this 'Mirror Moon' group now =).

Edit: Just in case of any misinterpretation, I meant the error everyone will make, not just Kura
Last edited by -[J1N]- on February 24th, 2008, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kanzar » February 24th, 2008, 11:43 am

Are you talking about how he capitalised, or that it became one word? If it's the capitalisation, it may not be Kura's fault as many boards are set to automatically change the first letter of a thread title to a capital. If it's the whole mirrormoon rather than mirror moon, then yes, he definitely got it wrong. :P
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby marus » February 24th, 2008, 5:43 pm

There there. Let ol Marus/Marrus/Marcus cheer you up.

Still, that's pretty cool a fan group would get mentioned in a magazine. Yay for PR.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 26th, 2008, 9:36 am

Wow, didn't notice this thread before.... what magazine is it again?? can anybody upload some image or something???

btw, been so long in this forum, i feel stupid to ask this question, what is it exactly?? "mirrormoon" or "mirror moon"???
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » March 26th, 2008, 9:47 am

lolipedofin wrote:Wow, didn't notice this thread before.... what magazine is it again?? can anybody upload some image or something???

btw, been so long in this forum, i feel stupid to ask this question, what is it exactly?? "mirrormoon" or "mirror moon"???
er, sempai, if you are referring to the correct spelling, it should be "mirror moon" ^^
look at the very top of this page for more details ^^
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 26th, 2008, 9:49 am

lolipedofin wrote:Wow, didn't notice this thread before.... what magazine is it again?? can anybody upload some image or something???

*takes a peek at top left corner of window...* LOLOL

mirror moon.. Im SURE there's no CAPITAL Ms in them...

@Message.. Maybe its Kura that's typoed mm? The article could may well typed mm as... 'mirror moon' correctly.

Anyways.. Congrats to the mm staffers! imaginary beers on me... XD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » March 26th, 2008, 2:07 pm

What's the big deal about typoing/miscapitalizing a word? I don't get it, if I typ in mirrormoon on google, I get the same result. Same is with Mirror Moon.

Anyway, back to topic. It's pretty nice m-m being mentioned in a magazine. Kudos :)
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » March 26th, 2008, 3:10 pm

The problem is that it's not right. It's like writing someone's name without capitalizing, or mixing words together (likethis). Can hurt a company/organization/group a lot.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 26th, 2008, 5:16 pm

maybe it's their way of saying something along the line of "we're the 'back/reflection/other side of coin' of TYPE-MOON" since TYPE-MOON is spelled with capitals only, they made the spelling of mirrormoon......umm, in-capitals only :? . Dunno, just my hunch, ok. Not trying to assume familiarity or anything, just my theory, ok?

Well, Message always trying to make a point of the name, so at least i take that it's quite important to the staff.... just go with it :wink: .

Anyway, what magazine mirror moon was mentioned?? anybody can upload some image or link to website that has one....??

@Raitei & inferno-flamex: It's so close to each other... the space is barely visible..... :oops: :oops: :oops: (making reasons :roll: )
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 27th, 2008, 8:55 am

I think its very similar to pronouncing someone's name. Even if the letters are the same, if its pronounced in a different way, it's not your name. A similar situation would be the two names Steven and Stephen. Aside from the fact that there is another way to pronounce the second one, they can be pronounced the same, but are different. It does feel a bit weird when you're trying to start a sentence with their name though... mirror moon.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Re: Mirrormoon mentioned in issue 65 of the magazine "g

Unread postby idontknoW » March 27th, 2008, 12:04 pm

Kura wrote:Hey guys, just thought you'd be interested in knowing that you were mentioned on an article about Doujin-Soft on page 159.

"Creating visual novels for practically no money is tough enough, but Mirror Moon has awarded itself the ominous task of making those fundamental doujin-soft games accessible to the English-speaking gamer."

Included an image of FSN's tiger dojo.

uhh, any links to the article, or a snippet perhaps?
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Return to General Chat