Cigarettes and Kara no Kyoukai

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Raitei » April 5th, 2008, 1:17 pm

in response to the thought smoking / drinking / drugs = cool
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 5th, 2008, 6:36 pm

lolipedofin wrote:Don't post anymore in this forum, your title in this forum fits you already... "Crack Addict" :lol: :lol: :lol: . Haha just kidding. But dude, you surely did all the stuff you wrote?? I never touch any weed before, let alone drugs. I want to break the belief that cigs is the gateway to drugs... i want to prove that i'm not the case....

I'd have to say that about a third of what school teaches you about drugs is complete bullshit. Weed is not a "gateway" drug. Then again I've only done it once and was like "wow this crap is worse than smoking, which already sucks ass as it is." The only drugs I've done are shrooms and LSD, one of which is a natural piece of nature, the other is NOT very harmful. You cannot get physically addicted to LSD. If anything it was proven using LSD could be healthy and help deal with addictions before it was made illegal. Of course the problem is that now adays 90% of what people call "LSD/acid" isn't actual LSD but a bunch of chemicals which are stronger and give the same effect, which also can kill.

Overall, I agree with Raitei, real men drink Tea. Drugs are not cool. They don't make you cool. I only did shrooms/lsd because for a little while it was entertaining. But like all things, it got old. So don't do drugs. Some can ruin your life. Some won't. But I would prefer if you don't experiment with such dangerous shit.

Again, tea for life.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 7th, 2008, 7:16 am

@Raitei: Only kids smoke because they think it's cool. Some does it for social life, some does it because necessity (fucked up life, for example) turn into addiction.

Dude, not real men enough, this one is:

Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » April 19th, 2008, 2:17 am

LOL, if you want to be cool and not die of lung cancer, there is indeed an alternative: alcohol. It has been proven scientifically, a shot of spirit a day can reduce you risk of cardiovascular diseases. As far as I know, alcohol is the only drug that is good for you in moderation. However, chugging Jack Daniel's while reading visual novels is not recommended... you know... the text kinda gets blurry.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby WingZero » April 19th, 2008, 2:44 am

@ lolipedofin:

Nice free advertising for cigarettes.

@ Keeper of Gil's Vault:

It has been proven scientifically, a shot of spirit a day can reduce you risk of cardiovascular diseases.

It has also been proven scientifically that it increases the risk of liver cancer/liver failure.

As far as I know, alcohol is the only drug that is good for you in moderation.

Alcohol is not a drug. It's alcohol. Kinda right there in the name.

Also, truthfully speaking, most drugs are good for the body "in moderation". The problem is, drugs are drugs because usually you can't take them in moderation.

Also, I support tea.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » April 19th, 2008, 3:10 am

WingZero wrote:@ lolipedofin:

Nice free advertising for cigarettes.
dude, don't you read the chups a chups logo in the lower right corner? or maybe you don't even know what it is? :lol:
just kidding :lol:
it's a lollipop, not a cigarette
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby WingZero » April 19th, 2008, 4:44 am

Yeah maybe I should've added a =P there.

I was being sarcastic.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » April 20th, 2008, 5:15 am

@WingZero:

I never denied that alcohol abuse can damage the liver, but in moderation, it is actually good for you. Your liver contains enzymes that can degrade alcohol naturally, that is why you don't die from a 12 pack, only hangover. However, one shot of spirit a day can indeed lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, it is published in reputable peer-reviewed journals such as the British Medical Journal.

Also, alcohol is indeed a drug. The broader definition of a drug is a substance that alters normal bodily functions. Alcohol alters several bodily functions significantly when ingested, such as decision making (you are not at your brightest when drunk) and blood filtration (that is why you pee every 5 min after you downed that 6-pack).

Lastly, not all drugs are good for the body in moderation. Nicotine is a natural toxin, its original purpose is for the tobacco plant to fend off insects. It is one of the most lethal toxins known to man. I will not go into other narcotics, since I think most of the forumites are quite informed about their effects on the mental health of the abusers as well as the damage they can inflict upon the central nervous system.

And ditto, I support tea.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 20th, 2008, 6:25 am

@ Keeper of Gil's Vault:

There's a lot.... A LOT of journal that mention contradictory health issues.... I'm not questioning the credibility of the article you read, but for me, i'm fed up with believing this kind of article... I remember reading somewhere that a single gulp of alcohol have the potential to damage/kill braincells... so occasional drinking like what you suggest, would considerably turn someone into idiot through long period. I'm not saying the article i read is the correct one and yours is wrong... it's just that there's nothing definite in health issues.

One thing i believe regarding alcohol thus far is, Wine is healthy. I'm not sure about whiskey, vodka and stuff, but daily intake of red wine after dinner is said to be VERY healthy.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to General Chat