Can I retranslate MirrorMoon's Translation?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Can I retranslate MirrorMoon's Translation?

Unread postby FoxHound » February 17th, 2008, 10:26 am

Firstly, I would like to tell you that i really appreciate all your works.I wouldn't have known what a VN is if there wasn't any Mirrormoon :D .

I recently had the idea to retranslate VN into my language ( I'm Vietnamese, i dont mind if you don't know Vietnam exist, it's just an poor,small country :?) So I started this thread to ask if it is possible to do so ? And would you give your permission if we try to translate FSN?

Here i am:

.Have only basic and little knowledge about programing.
.Know HOW to use a computer in general
.Dont know Japanese, only a little Einglish
.Possibly can form a team if this project is possible.
.A highschooler, MirrorMoon fan, Hentai freak....

So please let me know if i'm capable or not ?
BTW,I have tried to modify Narcissu so far but the the text is unreadable :( , is there any way to make ONScripter to work with Unicode text?

P/s: I do feel like a bastard because it's my first post but am asking for help already but please..
FoxHound
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 17th, 2008, 11:15 am

These things are better discussed over e-mail, or if needs be in the IRC channel, but I guess you've give enough information for us to give a relatively educted reply.

First of all, thank you for asking our permission before using our work in your own project. We do support people who want to retranslate our releases to a third language (although we discourage the concept of re-translating in itself), but we want to see a certain level of quality in those projects. As you said your grasp on the English language is mediocre, so I'm afraid we cannot grant you permission to use our translation. You also lack the required technical expertise to pull off a project of this scope, so unless you can find a quality translator and one or two experienced programmers, I think you'd just end up wasting your own time...

Unread postby FoxHound » February 17th, 2008, 3:04 pm

I see... :(

But please at least tell me a way to make OnScripter work with Unicode characters , since it supports Japanese I think it should work with language like Vietnamese as well ( it also based on Latin and simpler than Japanese after all).
FoxHound
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 17th, 2008, 3:50 pm

Hmm... If I recall correctly there was someone in gemot working on a unicode build of ONS, but I have no idea if he managed to get it stable. Try doing a search there. As far as I know the normal builds only supports SJIS.

Unread postby FoxHound » February 20th, 2008, 3:35 am

Even with many foreseen obstacle, i have decided to continue :twisted:

I have managed to insert some texts and images into Narcissu so far, the problem is that i have to use unprpper Vietnamese ( without tone marks) , Could I ask Haeleth for support? Do you happen to know his E-mail?

Ah, is the any installer that can input&overwrite files directly in to an arc.nsa archive?

Thanks in advance
FoxHound
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 20th, 2008, 10:28 am

FoxHound wrote:Could I ask Haeleth for support? Do you happen to know his E-mail?

Haeleth should know more, yes. You can find his contact info on his site, I guess.

[quote="FoxHound"]Ah, is the any installer that can input&overwrite files directly in to an arc.nsa archive?
Not that I know of. Extract and recreate is the only method that I've seen.

Return to General Chat