Is the PS3 just gonna suck for years to come?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Is the PS3 just gonna suck for years to come?

Unread postby james-skarz » February 17th, 2008, 9:14 am

I'm getting so tired of the PS3 dissing...and I'm not angry because people bag it, i'm angry because Sony screwed it up so much that people diss it. I still love it. I'm still waiting for more titles(*cough* NINJA GAIDEN II FOR PS3 *cough*). I only have DMC4. I want more ffs, seriously.

Additionally: Someone please tell me there's going to be a[n] *EPIC* God Of War III, because the God Of War ripoff boss battles in DMC4 really made me wonder why I was playing it instead of just playing my Bonus Game of GOWII.
james-skarz
Addict

Unread postby -[J1N]- » February 17th, 2008, 11:02 am

There are plenty of good games that have promised to be released for the PS3, the only problem is when. Most of these though, have been scheduled to be released this year, some being the end of this year, so basically more should be out by the end of the year. I do agree they're really taking their time with things, but once things start coming out, it'll probably be big
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » February 17th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Well god of war 3 is in development right now but u wont see it until end of next year, And seriously try out uncharted and ratchet and clank if you dont have them already. Also Warhawk if you want multiplayer. Theres a few really cool PSN titles as well. And dont worry MGS 4 is coming soon. Of course all 3 next gen consoles suck right now. PS3 doesnt have enough good exclusive titles. X360 has no good titles unless you really love your shooters. And the wii is good if you like your mario and cooking mama. PS2 FTW :P

But I must say Disgaea 3 is already out in japan so not long till that releases stateside and thats when PS3 will truly be above all other competition :P
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby LandMaster » April 6th, 2008, 9:47 pm

PS3 is probably my favorite next-gen console, since so many of the series I love are on it. But the price of it just kill my desire to buy it.
LandMaster
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Catastrophe » April 7th, 2008, 2:07 am

am i the only human being that disliked GOW??? :?

dont know, i bought my PS3 with FFXIII and MGS4 in mind. afterwards started to like and look fw for another games.
right know im waiting for:
*Soulcalibur IV
*Wipeout HD
*Gran Turismo 5
*Resistance 2
*Disgaea 3 (of course)
*Haze
and there are lots of games that havent been announced but everyone knows that will come
(me wants full HD KoF now!!!) :roll:
Last edited by Catastrophe on April 7th, 2008, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » April 7th, 2008, 3:08 am

GTA 4 is supposed to come on this month. Although the 360 gets it too, but GTA has always been a playstation game
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » April 8th, 2008, 1:19 am

Catastrophe wrote:am i the only human being that disliked GOW??? :?

....yes.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby zoop » April 8th, 2008, 2:33 am

DarkRedSky wrote:GTA 4 is supposed to come on this month. Although the 360 gets it too, but GTA has always been a PC game

Fixed your post for you. :wink:
zoop
Might just like this board

Unread postby Catastrophe » April 8th, 2008, 2:54 am

TheXev wrote:

....yes.
oh well, kind of expected that :?

---------------------------------------------------------------
just saw Street Fighter IV trailer :shock: ........ hope it makes it to the ps3 (most likely)

that Blanka kicks some serious a**es
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby puKKa » April 8th, 2008, 10:20 am

Well, the only problem is the price of the PS3 which has been cut to a ok level if you compare it to what you get now. I will probably buy myself a PS3 later when it has a better base of games since PS2 games are no longer supported and the playback didnt realyl give anything new. Personally I think the PS3 has a chance to win the war. It's behind but as alto of other people have said it will start rising in sale and releases soon. The 360 will fall behind in performance sooner or later it will just take some time and the Wii is a joke. I don't think Sony screwed up with the PS3, they just saw it in a longer perspective and for one example BLu-ray > HD-DVD.
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Einherjar » April 8th, 2008, 1:33 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
TheXev wrote:

....yes.
oh well, kind of expected that :?

Wait! I'm with you.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 9th, 2008, 7:10 pm

I'll be buying a PS3 when MGS4 comes out. Getting one for these games:

MGS4
Tekken 6
Disgaea 3
Soul Calibur 4
God of War 3
Random Hentai Game #5153
Sexy Beach 4 (it WILL happen)
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Graus » May 12th, 2008, 7:07 pm

Hopefully the rpg market for PS3 will fire up, Japan has some great games already available but we all know most of them wont see English release.
Graus
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » May 12th, 2008, 7:12 pm

If i had 600 bucks and had nothing else to use them on, i would buy the PS3. Then i would need to buy games too...
That said, i don't have the $600 and i would rather use those for some 360 games. And my beloved Fire Emblem games that i have yet to get a hold of. :cry:
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Graus » May 12th, 2008, 7:16 pm

Atriel wrote:If i had 600 bucks and had nothing else to use them on, i would buy the PS3. Then i would need to buy games too...
That said, i don't have the $600 and i would rather use those for some 360 games. And my beloved Fire Emblem games that i have yet to get a hold of. :cry:

I'm already looking into to purchasing 360 because of Operation Darkness and Spectral Force 3, damn you Atlus!
Graus
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby moonster » May 30th, 2008, 2:46 pm

I think the ps3 will not suck in the future.
Good games are coming namely MGS4 and God of War 3.
But the ps3 has a very long way to go though
I love playing games on my computer
moonster
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Phlebas » May 30th, 2008, 3:26 pm

If they made Suikoden VI for PS3 I might be tempted to buy. Unfortunately the strongest rumour so far is that it's in the works for Wii. But it's just a rumour, you can always hope. Right?
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Return to General Chat