Ever17 typos

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Ever17 typos

Unread postby Rynax » February 10th, 2008, 7:08 am

If you've played Ever17 you may have noticed the 'few' typos here and there. I wanted to fix these so I tried using notepad along with a hex editor but that quickly got me no where. So I ask, is there a certain program or way to fix these grammatical errors. The text is in a file called script.dat. It's horrible to see the mood ruined by a 'simple' typo.

Worst typo in game-(picture)
Rynax
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » February 10th, 2008, 9:56 am

Not a direct reply to your question, but I know that Qu4Z was thinking about doing the same thing. You might want to talk to him, see if you can join forces. Also there's this guy in gemot who did some more technical fixing for Ever 17, Qu4Z may remember where he was.

Unread postby Rynax » February 13th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Thanks, I finally figured out how to do it..more or less (less). But maybe I'm the only one that wants to do this. Well, if anyone wants to point out some errors go ahead and tell me. I'm going to edit Tsugumi's route first, then Sora, Sara, You, Coco. I was also thinking of changing things like "I'm You" to "I am You", cause she says it.
Rynax
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Qu4Z » February 20th, 2008, 11:47 am

As Message said, I was considering doing a typo-fixing run. It's a great VN, and it's sad to its translation plagued by typoes to such an extent. I'd be happy to help fix typoes if you'd like. Perhaps we can divide the script? At any rate, if you'd like help, please do PM me. (Posting here for posterity)
Qu4Z
Might just like this board

Return to General Chat