CLANNAD - Kotomi's Parent's (chain)-Letter

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 3rd, 2008, 5:50 pm

Update: Added the chinese line. Can someone tell me whether it's mandarin, cantonese or something else? and is it "nv er" "nu er" or "nu'r"

Even in my laptop the french and icelandic still displayed in question marks.. well both are partially, unlike the chinese characters.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby WingZero » February 3rd, 2008, 6:23 pm

Mandarin. Although Catonese is just pronounced differently, but still written more or less the same way, so it doesn't matter too much.

Nu er is the correct romanization in PinYin. nv er is the input required on the computer for those characters to appear, and nu'r is what it sounds like when pronounced.

First one's correct, second one's practical, and last one's useful. Take your pick.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 5th, 2008, 5:14 am

Changed the language name from "Chinese" to "Mandarin". I assume that's the correct one, just tell me if i'm being a smart-ass here. Some Indian (Hindi) comedian said that there's no language called "Chinese" there's "Mandarin" and "Cantonese". Anybody know who I'm referring to.

also chosed the "nu er" instead of "nv er"

If anyone can give me the hiragana for the japanese line (Kanji is more than welcome), i'd be berry happy. also feel free to correct the romaji too, i was writing what i listened.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kanzar » February 5th, 2008, 6:10 am

Technically the official Chinese language is Mandarin, so you could say 'Chinese' as a language does exist. >_>;;

And there are many, many dialects spoken in China/Taiwan/HK regions. Cantonese just seems to be the next most popular one, for some reason. o.o Examples of other dialects: Taiwanese, Shanghainese, etc. :D
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Apple » February 5th, 2008, 6:45 am

lolipedofin wrote:If anyone can give me the hiragana for the japanese line (Kanji is more than welcome), i'd be berry happy. also feel free to correct the romaji too, i was writing what i listened.

この鞄は見つけたらどうか娘に届けてください
Apple
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 5th, 2008, 10:43 am

Added the Hiragana/Kanji for the japanese line... Thanx to apple. All the lines have been credited to the respective people..
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby galvenize » February 23rd, 2008, 11:36 am

If you find this suitcase please take it to my daughter"

French: Si tu trouves cette valise, ramene la a ma fille s'il te plait.
galvenize
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Shenzo » February 23rd, 2008, 2:11 pm

Shenzo wrote:In french : "Si vous trouvez cette valise, rapportez la a ma fille s'il vous plait"

:roll:
and it's "vous trouvez" not "tu trouves" (polite phrase : "douka musume ni todokete kudasai.")
Shenzo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby galvenize » February 23rd, 2008, 2:32 pm

My bad, couldn't know
galvenize
Crack Addic!

Previous

Return to General Chat