It's here again! International SaiMoe League 2009!

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Who is the Moe of Moe(s) in Type-Moon universe?

Tohsaka Rin
26%
Matou Sakura
17%
Saber
17%
Arcueid Brunestud
11%
Ciel
No votes
Tohno Akiha
6%
Hisui & Kohaku
13%
Ryogi Shiki
3%
Bazett Fraga McRemitz
1%
Caren Ortensia
5%

Total votes : 87

Unread postby OceanBlue » May 2nd, 2008, 12:38 am

ayadew wrote:Poor ciel ;_;

There's no Tsukihime anime, so Ciel can't participate either.
OceanBlue
Addict

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 2nd, 2008, 7:57 am

Sob, been away for a while from saimoe, hasn't voted in the poll for weeks. Guess i'm gonna join in again.

Just watched Zero no Tsukaima, meaning that..... I'll also be gunning for Louise !! She's cute, tho i prefer the princess... (what's her name again??)
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby minhtam2448 » May 16th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Not to play favorites, but you guys seriously need to come back.

As of 20 matches:

Saber - (12-8)
Rin Tosaka - (10-10)
Sakura Matou - (6-14)
minhtam2448
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 22nd, 2009, 8:58 am

Ok... For all of you guys who has been out of the loop, including me... SaiMoe for 2009 has rolled!!

Here's the 4 contender that represents TYPE-MOON:

Tohsaka Rin - Fate/Stay Night (Auto-entry)
Saber - Fate/Stay Night (Auto-entry)
Illyasviel von Einzbern - Fate/Stay Night (Qualified through Preliminaries)
Ryogi Shiki - Kara no Kyoukai(Qualified through Preliminaries)

There's one more girl representing TYPE-MOON this time around.. 2 of the 4 were not featured last year which is Ilya and Ryogi Shiki. Shiki is to be expected due to the popularity of Kara no Kyoukai movies, she finished at lower mid-table during preliminaries... while Ilya is through with the most slender of margin, She was placed 2nd from bottom during prelim.

Saber automatically through this time, without having to go through prelim like last year... While the one missing from last year list is Sakura... Isn't it sad Sa(kura)-cchin??

So, having lost a bit of faith toward Saimoe since last year, I will only casually vote this time... The one I will be wholly supporting is still the same Tohsaka Rin and Nagato Yuki with the addition of the 'Biribiri' from To Aru Majutsu..^^

Last night Rin lost to Nanoha with the most painful of margin... 2 votes! the closest match thus far... T.T So please, fellow Rin fanboys in the board come and support Rin!

In the other hand Saber won with a whopping margin against Kawazoe Tamaki from Bamboo Blade, Saber garnered more than double the votes Tamaki managed to get... T.T poor Tamaki, I was voting for her!! The result was the 2nd most lopsided, 2nd only to Aisaka Taiga win against Ami Koshimizu, both from Toradora. Ilya and Ryogi Shiki also won both of their matches against Aya from Touhou and Makoto from Kanon respectively. Only Rin lost..T.T

Some interesting note:
during prelims, the standing were utterly dominated by girls from Touhou.
During last night match, all characters voiced by Kugimiya Rie (with the exception of Katagiri Yuuhi from Akane Iro no Somaru saka who lost against Hanyu from Higurashi) buldozed all their opponents, and the enemy werent small fries.. Shana from Shakugan no Shana destroyed Konata from Lucky Star, while Louise from Zero no Tsukaima manage to beat Kallen from Code Geass. Aisaka Taiga totally pulverized Ami, both from Toradora.

So... Who will you be supporting this time around????
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » March 22nd, 2009, 4:24 pm

Hmmm, i guess i'll be supporting Shiki. I do like her a lot but i don't think she'll get a good place. Perhaps i'm wrong :P

P.S. What the hell? How did Lousie beat Kallen? This is outrageous. The ones that voted for Louise should be castrated and then executed.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 23rd, 2009, 12:22 am

Atriel wrote:Hmmm, i guess i'll be supporting Shiki. I do like her a lot but i don't think she'll get a good place. Perhaps i'm wrong :P

P.S. What the hell? How did Lousie beat Kallen? This is outrageous. The ones that voted for Louise should be castrated and then executed.

lol.. This is a moe competition after all.. Not who is your favorite character... In term of moe, I do think Louise beat Kallen hands down...

I'll be all for Rin in this competition... Well, with the addition of Yuki and 'biribiri' Mikoto...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 23rd, 2009, 3:47 pm

4th round has started... click here to vote...

Rin got quite a though opponent in Evangeline, a character that I also really love... But out of all TYPE-MOON girl, Saber looks like the one in most trouble... She is up against Hiiragi Tsukasa from Lucky Star... Don't expect another easy win like last night... I put my money on her lost... Tsukasa is just too tough of an opponent...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Masterori » March 23rd, 2009, 4:07 pm

Well I voted for all the type-moon characters there ( Tosaka, Saber & Ilya )

Ilya vs anya, No contest... Don't even get why anya is so popular.
Saber vs tsukasa, Saber do doubt for me, Never got why people like tsukasa so much ( Then again I never got to know why lucky star was so popular )
Tosaka vs evangeline, No idea who the opponent is but I do know Rin poons all.

Sides the type-moon characters I'm voting for the clannad characters ( I love it, Kyou in particular ), C.C ( obvious reason for those that have seen code geass ) & Haruhi ( How come she never got higher in the votings. )

And is it just me or there are LOTS of loli's in this tournament as with the previous Saimoe's.
Masterori
Might just like this board

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 23rd, 2009, 5:22 pm

Masterori wrote:Well I voted for all the type-moon characters there ( Tosaka, Saber & Ilya )

Ilya vs anya, No contest... Don't even get why anya is so popular.
Saber vs tsukasa, Saber do doubt for me, Never got why people like tsukasa so much ( Then again I never got to know why lucky star was so popular )
Tosaka vs evangeline, No idea who the opponent is but I do know Rin poons all.

Sides the type-moon characters I'm voting for the clannad characters ( I love it, Kyou in particular ), C.C ( obvious reason for those that have seen code geass ) & Haruhi ( How come she never got higher in the votings. )

And is it just me or there are LOTS of loli's in this tournament as with the previous Saimoe's.

lolies ftw!! lol, i actually just voted for Rin from all TYPE-MOON character in this round... Tsukasa win slightly against Saber and I love Anya...^^ While Shiki... uuhh... such a perfect loli imouto as Mei is just too hard to resist... as for Evangeline, she is one if not my favorite character from Negima... a really moe character... if it's not for Rin standing on her way, I would've voted her anyday..
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raven » March 23rd, 2009, 5:52 pm

I casted my vote, mostly for Key's and Typemoon characters.

But I forgot to vote for Illya damn it :x
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Masterori » March 25th, 2009, 9:46 am

YES! Saber won over tsukasa! * Phew * I thought she was a goner..

Most of my chosen characters won... cept for a few. I don't get how should Sunohara mei triumph over Shiki

Well all the type moon made it out pretty convincingly cept for shiki
Masterori

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 27th, 2009, 3:24 am

Masterori wrote:YES! Saber won over tsukasa! * Phew * I thought she was a goner..

Most of my chosen characters won... cept for a few. I don't get how should Sunohara mei triumph over Shiki

Well all the type moon made it out pretty convincingly cept for shiki

lol.. I actually one of those who voted for Tsukasa and Sunohara Mei... and r u kidding me.. Mei is the ultimate imouto... >.<
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Masterori » March 27th, 2009, 3:51 am

I don't even get why lucky star is so famous ( I watched the whole thing in boredom )...

And I'm dead serious Mei doesn't even get much screen time * Not sure about the visual novel since I'm still waiting for the the patch to be fully completed*.. Ultimate imouto I would give to someone like Yuuko from ef a tale of melodies or maybe hinagiku from hayate no gotoku........ Ok those two arn't the exactly imouto types even if their imouto's but their still imouto's right?

And result from round 5 is out

Type moon characters :

Ryōgi Shiki 633 - Furukawa Nagisa 1073
Suiseiseki 781 - Illyasviel von Einzbern 852
Saber 1088 - Mizunashi Akari 669
Tōsaka Rin 1080 - Misaka Shiori 602

Everyone sides for Shiki again made it out alive... I betrayed her this time, Nagisa is just simply moe! ( And lot of other reasons too )

Round 5 hardest for me was mikuru vs haruhi.... Couldn't choose but went with haruhi anyway.

* checks for round 6 *.............. * Sheiks * This is the round of death.... for me anyway.

Some noticeable ones :

Hiiraigi Kagami vs Furukawa Nagisa
Ichinose Kotomi vs Nagato Yuki
Saber vs Illyasviel von Einzbern
Katsura Hinagiku vs Hiiragi Tsukasa
Fujibayashi Kyō vs Sanzen'in Nagi
Tōsaka Rin vs Sakagami Tomoyo
Suzumiya Haruhi vs C.C.

Ouch my head hurts, can't pick... I know all not all people have the same trouble as me can't couldn't help but post it...
Masterori

Unread postby Atriel » March 27th, 2009, 4:37 am

Ah... poor Shiki. She's still awesome. And i don't even know who the hell Nagisa is.

But i already knew that her chances were slim, not many are into that kind of moe. If that's how i may call it.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Raven » March 28th, 2009, 1:45 am

Atriel wrote:Ah... poor Shiki. She's still awesome. And i don't even know who the hell Nagisa is.

Holy **** you mean you never watched Clannad? :shock:

I have a tento if you want to save your honor.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » March 28th, 2009, 3:10 am

What's a tento...?

And wasn't Clannad a romantic comedy in high school setting? That pretty much told me "Keep away". It may sound dickish but those bore me as soon as the comedy stops and the romance fills every minute of it. I do know it's famous, but that's about it. :lol:
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Raven » March 28th, 2009, 5:17 am

Eh no, Clannad is not the typical Highschool romance. Its value rise much higher than that. Sure it's a love story but it's rather light, and for the most part you dont have to deal with all the cheesy BS and nonsense in other series of this type.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » March 28th, 2009, 4:25 pm

I see. I might check it out once spring break begins.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » April 5th, 2009, 1:08 am

Just wanted to point out that in the most recent results (3rd of April), Saber actually topped the number of votes in that round, beating everyone with 1732 votes. She was the only contender to pass 1700 votes in that round. Not bad at all :D
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Re: It's here again! International SaiMoe League 2009!

Unread postby Masterori » May 13th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Just wondering, anyone still following this?

As type moon characters are getting owned... Well I guess saber is doing more the fine and rin is half half ( Still unacceptable for rin to be only at the bare point! ) But Ilya and shiki is not on the good end ( especially shiki.. )
Masterori

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat