It's here again! International SaiMoe League 2009!

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Who is the Moe of Moe(s) in Type-Moon universe?

Tohsaka Rin
26%
Matou Sakura
17%
Saber
17%
Arcueid Brunestud
11%
Ciel
No votes
Tohno Akiha
6%
Hisui & Kohaku
13%
Ryogi Shiki
3%
Bazett Fraga McRemitz
1%
Caren Ortensia
5%

Total votes : 87

It's here again! International SaiMoe League 2009!

Unread postby lolipedofin » January 21st, 2008, 2:46 am

Ok... For all of you guys who has been out of the loop, including me... SaiMoe for 2009 has rolled!!

Here's the 4 contender that represents TYPE-MOON:

Tohsaka Rin - Fate/Stay Night (Auto-entry)
Saber - Fate/Stay Night (Auto-entry)
Illyasviel von Einzbern - Fate/Stay Night (Qualified through Preliminaries)
Ryogi Shiki - Kara no Kyoukai(Qualified through Preliminaries)

There's one more girl representing TYPE-MOON this time around.. 2 of the 4 were not featured last year which is Ilya and Ryogi Shiki. Shiki is to be expected due to the popularity of Kara no Kyoukai movies, she finished at lower mid-table during preliminaries... while Ilya is through with the most slender of margin, She was placed 2nd from bottom during prelim.

Saber automatically through this time, without having to go through prelim like last year... While the one missing from last year list is Sakura... Isn't it sad Sa(kura)-cchin??

So, having lost a bit of faith toward Saimoe since last year, I will only casually vote this time... The one I will be wholly supporting is still the same Tohsaka Rin and Nagato Yuki with the addition of the 'Biribiri' from To Aru Majutsu..^^

An interesting note:
during prelims, the standing were utterly dominated by girls from Touhou.

So... Who will you be supporting this time around????

PS: For those who new to board.. feel free make your vote, who knows, maybe this time someone will actually like Ciel...^^

Last Year Text:
Hi guys, It's finally here... The International SaiMoe League 2008.

For u who don't know, SaiMoe League is a contest to find the moe of moe(s). Where all anime lovers (read: otaku) can cast votes and fight to prove that their fave chara is the moe of moe(s).

here is the link to the website. Visit that site to read the rules and cast your votes. We are now at the nomination stage to choose 64 characters that will compete in the (voting)-tournament.

You can nominate up to 5 characters, each characters will be given weighed points depend on the order of your vote. It will be like this, Chara number 1 will get 5 points, chara number 2 will get 4 points and so on.

Do NOT cast your votes for these girls! They all already nominated and placed in the shortlist. They are chosen by the similar competition at Japan and Korea. 47 seats are taken by them, and the remaining 17 are left open for the rest of the world to decide. THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION. After the nominating stage, the tournament will begin with the participation of all otaku in the world, including those in Japan.

Now Here's the catch: Saber and Ilya are missing (Not that i care ;p). Among the 47 shortlisted candidates, Matou Sakura and Tohsaka Rin already qualified to join the competition but Ilya, Saber, and other type-moon girls are nowhere to be seen. Should you want to run for them, now is the time!! the nominating stage will close at mid-february, so visit the website now!!!

Personal Request: Should you find any empty unused slot when you vote, could you please do me a favor and vote for Nishino Tsukasa from "Ichigo 100%"?? I really like her character and will love to see her compete in the saimoe contest. Should you never read the manga, i suggest you read it!! It's good stuff i swear you, the mangascan is extremely popular among college student in Indonesia. Don't watch the anime though, it was sh*te!

PS: I added poll just for the heck of it. Sorry i only include chara i want to include... then again, i think it's quite a lot already.
Last edited by lolipedofin on March 22nd, 2009, 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » January 21st, 2008, 5:40 am

What the hell!? No Arcueid?!?! That's herecy, unholy, unacceptable. She must win, or the world is doomed.

Even if anime Arcueid isn't as awesome... ;_; Meh going to vote now.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Message » January 21st, 2008, 9:45 am

They need to learn to spell Suigintou. Anyway, as long as Desu beats Shana everything's ok with me. >__>

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 21st, 2008, 10:16 am

All my nominated chars were all type-moon based, as the one's i'd vote for are already in >.>

What's with you people and leaving Illya outta polls =(
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » January 21st, 2008, 11:49 am

blast!! no saber!!?? this is just unacceptable! the poll cannot start without her! ( just kidding, lol )

well, should she fail to get into the poll, I guess I'll just have to pick another chara.... I still have high hope, though :lol:

surprisingly enough, even archer failed to come out as the 1st place in the 2007 saiGAR, being beaten by an unknown guy ( well, at least to me, he's unknown ) :lol:

strange that I didn't see any chara candidates from naruto and gundam, knowing that they're pretty famous as animes...

and even stranger, why there're girls that are chosen as candidates in the saiGAR? I never see boys in the saimoe though... :lol:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby miszou » January 21st, 2008, 12:04 pm

Arcueid and Ryougi <3
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 21st, 2008, 1:13 pm

It's off-topic, but where are all the F/SN chars for the SaiGAR contest? =(

Dont worry Raitei, Hayate should be in the Saimoe tournament pretty easily!

Too bad Nanoha's Garness didn't get too popular this year.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » January 21st, 2008, 1:34 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:It's off-topic, but where are all the F/SN chars for the SaiGAR contest? =(
not so off-topic in my opinion. after all, for every light ( saimoe ) there is shadow ( saiGAR ), right :) ? about f/sn chara, archer was 2nd, if memory serves ( that's what I said, beaten by an unknown guy T_T ).
-[J1N]- wrote:Dont worry Raitei, Hayate should be in the Saimoe tournament pretty easily!
and maybe train heartnet or ryoma echizen? lol. but really, I wish no. girls in saiGAR is still acceptable, but not boys in saimoe -.-"

anyone vote for sol ( badguy and order sol ) in guilty gear? :)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby lolipedofin » January 21st, 2008, 3:13 pm

Well2x.. quite lively here, the one i started at mangaforum(forum for mangadownload) receive no reply at all....

Anyway here's my choice:

1. Nishino Tsukasa - Ichigo 100% (My all time favorite under-rated chara)
2. Tifa Lockheart - Final Fantasy Advent Children (Hope this one count as anime)
3. Asuzagawa Tsukino - Yakitate!! Japan (Her voice really enthralled me, her seiyuu doesn't seem to ply her trade as seiyuu, nevertheless she's done a very good job)
4. Fuuchoin Kazuki - Get Backers (Just for fun, one of the most moe-est male chara to me)
5. Shusuke Fuji - Tennis no Oujisama (Totally Just for fun!!)

It's only after i voted that i mad at myself for not voting Akiha.... But yeah, it's unlikely for any Type-moon chara other than from F/SN to make it.

I can imagine Raitei going to every PC with different IP and vote for Saber...lol...

About the vote (on this thread, that i made just for fun) i got to exclude rider, caster, sacchin, aozaki sisters and taiga due to the limitation, sorry ;p.

Personal Request: Should you find any empty unused slot when you vote, could you please do me a favor and vote for Nishino Tsukasa from "Ichigo 100%"?? I really like her character and will love to see her compete in the saimoe contest. Should you never read the manga, i suggest you read it!! It's good stuff i swear you, the mangascan is extremely popular among college student in Indonesia. Don't watch the anime though, it was sh*te!
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sobzob » January 21st, 2008, 5:23 pm

Not nominating any Type-Moon character..

1. Fumika - Shigofumi: Wonderful character! I don't know what else to say..
2. Primula - Shuffle!: My favorite loli.
3. Bell Zephyr - Night Wizard: Her awsomeness beats all.
4. Fujino Shion - Hatsu Inu: Watch it, and you'll know why.
5. Yin - Darker than BLACK: Superior smile.

Just after I nominated them I realized that all of them except Fujino has white/grey hair. Wonderful.
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby lolipedofin » January 21st, 2008, 5:50 pm

Sigh, actually i want to vote for primula too.... But my urge to vote for Fuji and Kazuki were too strong to resist, it's just sound so fun to vote for them... And if i have to vote for Shuffle characters, then i will feel bad if i'm not voting for Kaede and Sia-chan. Primula still my number one loli tho'. Also love Tsubomi, too bad not that many appearances in the anime.

The other one i would like to vote is Haruna Sairenji from To-Love-Ru, the anime is set to air at April 2008, which i'm not sure whether it's valid or not... they said that the airtime doesn't matter (which means it valid) as long as it exist (which means it invalid as it is yet to become exist).

Eve/Konjiki no Yami from Black Cat/To-Love-Ru is also one of the chara that i have to left out with sadness...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » January 21st, 2008, 8:22 pm

lolipedofin wrote:1. Nishino Tsukasa - Ichigo 100% (My all time favorite under-rated chara)
2. Tifa Lockheart - Final Fantasy Advent Children (Hope this one count as anime)
3. Asuzagawa Tsukino - Yakitate!! Japan (Her voice really enthralled me, her seiyuu doesn't seem to ply her trade as seiyuu, nevertheless she's done a very good job)
4. Fuuchoin Kazuki - Get Backers (Just for fun, one of the most moe-est male chara to me)
5. Shusuke Fuji - Tennis no Oujisama (Totally Just for fun!!)
well, at least I know whom to blame if a guy ever makes it through the preliminary :lol:
lolipedofin wrote:I can imagine Raitei going to every PC with different IP and vote for Saber...lol...
I would, if I could get away with it :lol: . shame I couldn't. ( oh, wait, I suppose I'll just buy some cell phone numbers; they have different ip, I suppose? lol just kidding :D )
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby lolipedofin » January 21st, 2008, 9:36 pm

Well, you could always use your friend's PC.. ;p

About Kazuki, yeah it was hilarious, it'll be funny tho' to see him qualify... he is much more moe than hayate... Damn! Just remember Momiji and Yuki from Fruit Basket, they could also be a strong contender as moe male... lol (Uhh guys... just wanna make things clear, i'm male, normal guy with no interest in shonen-ai, let alone yaoi, just a bit interest in some shoujo manga/anime)

They should have make Okama SaiMoe League for this kind of genre... LOL

(okama=transvestite, eg: Mr2. BonClay. Example of okama, NOT a moe)

About the absence of GS and Naruto girls from the contest, simply because they don't have any moe girls in it. They are shonen genre which focused in mecha, fighting, and adventure. Most moe chara born in romantic, harem, comedic, seinen genre. That's why nobody came from Naruto and Gundam SEED. The same applies to One Piece, Hagaren, and Bleach.. (although Orihime is actually quite moe).
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » January 21st, 2008, 11:45 pm

lolipedofin wrote:Most moe chara born in romantic, harem, comedic, seinen genre.
you just make me remember about kyo kara maou! ....-.-"

oh yeah, since tifa is allowed ( yes? ), I assume we can take some chara, let's see... from .hack series? or maybe fire emblem?
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby lolipedofin » January 22nd, 2008, 4:17 am

Hmm.. i nominated Tifa as an anime chara from Final Fantasy Advent Children, not as game chara from FF 7. I reckon you can nominate one from .hack series (the animated one, not the game) but i don't think so for fire emblem, it's only manga and game right? or is there anime for it?

About Tifa, Even I'm not sure whether FFAC count as anime or not, if yo think about it it is animated, then again, it's almost like live action and full of CG's.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » January 22nd, 2008, 9:27 pm

It doesn't matter. There's a FF VII OVA, so it's ok.

I nominated her too...
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » January 24th, 2008, 3:37 pm

Went to an internet cafe tonight... and i almost forgot to add another vote at saimoe league 2008.

Here's my second vote:

1. Nishino Tsukasa - Ichigo 100%
2. Sairenji Haruna - "To-Love-Ru"
3. Eve - Black Cat
4. Tohno Akiha - Shingetsukan Tsukihime
5. Saber - Fate/Stay Night
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby GrimAngel » January 25th, 2008, 4:51 am

NANI!!!??? no Illyasviel von Einzbern????!!! that cant be accepted ?.?

hahaha but well, and yeah Suigintou is not well writed.

I voted as follow:

1_Illyasviel von Einzbern
2_Hisui
3_Primula
4_Thono Akiha
5_Caster
Signature too large, image removed. Try reading the rules next time.
GrimAngel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby minhtam2448 » March 16th, 2008, 2:45 am

Hi guys. I don't think we've met yet, but I am the runner of ISML. Just to let you know, Ilya's in danger of falling, but we're undergoing a second round of nominations, so you're allowed to nominate once more. And there's test polls that have been going on for a while now. Nominations are scheduled to end the 20th, but there's a possibility that we may move the deadline to the 25th.
minhtam2448
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby shadow_Hiei » March 16th, 2008, 2:57 am

Kohaku.

Just Kohaku. Not Hisui. Hisui isn't in the same league as Kohaku.

Out of the choices, Sakura.
shadow_Hiei
Addict

Next

Return to General Chat