Restarting

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Restarting

Unread postby Kanzar » January 19th, 2008, 10:19 am

Ok, I'm playing Tsukihime and I understand I'll need to restart at some point since I'll most likely screw up somewhere. :P

So which file do I delete that will delete my progress? Where is this file (I'm running Vista, but it'd help if I also knew where it was on XP since I have two computers)?

From some vague memory, deleting this file does not delete CG progress. Is this true?

Also... if you also know which file it is for Kagetsu Tohya, FSN, etc., that would also help. :P

Cheers,

Kanzar
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 19th, 2008, 10:58 am

I'm pretty sure you don't need to delete any save files for Tsukihime. Just restart the story again without deleting your save and choose alternate paths.

For Kagetsu Tohya, if you're missing some thing then you DO need to restart the game if you want 100% completion. Simply delete the file named save21.dat from your folder. Don't worry about any files from save1-save20.dat as they are your save files for you in-game saves (you can delete them too if you really want to). save21.dat is your progress save file.

If I had F/SN to play I'd help you there too, but it's not happening atm :cry:
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » January 19th, 2008, 11:09 am

-[J1N]- wrote:save files for you in-game saves

Kagetsu Tohya's in-game saves?
I though somewhere in the Readme from Mirrormoon, it said you couldn't save inside Kagetsu Tohya.
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kanzar » January 19th, 2008, 11:24 am

...so there's no such thing in Tsukihime as choosing the wrong options and accidentally locking out an option?

o_o I must be getting all these games mixed up in my head. XD

Thanks for the info though. :)
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 19th, 2008, 12:01 pm

Superflonic wrote:Kagetsu Tohya's in-game saves?
I though somewhere in the Readme from Mirrormoon, it said you couldn't save inside Kagetsu Tohya.

You can still save, but apparently the different options you choose when you load don't affect the game or something like that. Also, it's really quick to get back to where you left off anyways, so there really is no point in saving.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » January 19th, 2008, 8:36 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:You can still save, but apparently the different options you choose when you load don't affect the game or something like that. Also, it's really quick to get back to where you left off anyways, so there really is no point in saving.

Lazy people, aye?
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » January 19th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Umm I would suggest not playing tsukihime in Vista. It just wont play T_T
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kanzar » January 19th, 2008, 9:55 pm

drizzt_rocks wrote:Umm I would suggest not playing tsukihime in Vista. It just wont play T_T

Eh? I've been playing for several days! ...if you look through Tech Chat, I asked a question about the portability of the English install... I copied my english install from XP over to my Vista computer, and it's running fine. D:
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby phib » January 19th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Superflonic wrote:I though somewhere in the Readme from Mirrormoon, it said you couldn't save inside Kagetsu Tohya.

Stop doing drugs.
phib
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » January 20th, 2008, 2:09 am

Superflonic wrote:you couldn't save inside Kagetsu Tohya.
you couldn't in f/ha either. the save file is automatically created when you quit the game.

and it's compulsory, that's most annoying. ( unless you restart your computer by pressing the reset button, of course :P )
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Kanzar » January 20th, 2008, 6:19 am

Ok, I have another question that's related to save files. Where is your Tsukihime progress saved? For example, I have two computers I play on, so if I wanted to continue on where I left off on one computer, I'll need this file...
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » January 20th, 2008, 7:00 am

Kanzar wrote:
drizzt_rocks wrote:Umm I would suggest not playing tsukihime in Vista. It just wont play T_T

Eh? I've been playing for several days! ...if you look through Tech Chat, I asked a question about the portability of the English install... I copied my english install from XP over to my Vista computer, and it's running fine. D:

Really :O My copy just seems to crash after a max 5 mins of play T_T Good thing I managed to finish the game before getting my new comp ...
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 20th, 2008, 8:23 am

Kanzar wrote:Ok, I have another question that's related to save files. Where is your Tsukihime progress saved? For example, I have two computers I play on, so if I wanted to continue on where I left off on one computer, I'll need this file...

It's the same as with Kagetsu Tohya. Just find a file named save1.dat to save20.dat. Each number corresponds to the save number slot in the game.
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kanzar » January 20th, 2008, 8:31 am

Well uh... where would they be stored on Vista? ._. Vista hides files everywhere so... if anybody knows... D:

EDIT: Never mind, found it. C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Tsukihime

It's not what it says in the read me, that's for sure. :P
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » January 20th, 2008, 9:32 am

Kanzar wrote:It's not what it says in the read me, that's for sure. :P

It is, actually. Or at least it's what I meant. But I'll make it clearer for the next version.

Return to General Chat