I lack MUI

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

I lack MUI

Unread postby Superflonic » December 23rd, 2007, 2:38 pm

First of all, I'm new here, so, well yeah.

Anyway, since my computer doesn't support foreign languages, every time Japanese Kanji, or other symbols are presented, I see them as blocks, or random gibberish.
Which is pretty annoying, because I can't look up in-game errors, errors while installing games using the (very useful) english game patches, and so forth.

I hope I'm in the right part of the forum.
If not, don't blame me.

So my question is, is there a way to solve this problem, without the need of downloading the Multilingual User Interface pack from Microsoft?
(I'm running XP, by the way).
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » December 23rd, 2007, 2:51 pm

there is. you can install the eastern language support from your windows xp cd.

well, at least, that's how I have the kanji support installed at my desktop and get to play my f/sn. ( I think most people do the same, right? )
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Superflonic » December 23rd, 2007, 2:59 pm

Raitei wrote:there is. you can install the eastern language support from your windows xp cd.

well, at least, that's how I have the kanji support installed at my desktop and get to play my f/sn. ( I think most people do the same, right? )

I'll do that, seems like a good idea.

Nope, no dice.
At least it's not on my XP cd.

Also, when installing the Melty Blood ReAct English patch, it doesn't ask me for the Final Tuned update at all.
Am I doing something wrong here?
Or is it nothing? Does it install it automatically?
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » December 23rd, 2007, 3:21 pm

no worries. all windows xp cd has eastern language support in it. you just need to change the method you used.

instead of trying to install it through the main autorun, open your control panel, and switch to category view. select date, time, language, and regional options.

next, click on regional and language options, the languages tab. there should be a title like this: supplemental language support.

check the box for install files for east asian languages, and click on ok. the installation will start automatically.

ps : make sure your windows xp cd is in your drive when installing. should you have anymore problem with the eastern language support installation, i'll come with screenshots next time :wink:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Superflonic » December 23rd, 2007, 4:50 pm

Raitei wrote:check the box for install files for east asian languages, and click on ok. the installation will start automatically.

Haha, thanks.
I had no idea it would be this easy.
Really, you helped me a lot :wink:
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » December 23rd, 2007, 6:29 pm

Superflonic wrote:Also, when installing the Melty Blood ReAct English patch, it doesn't ask me for the Final Tuned update at all. Am I doing something wrong here? Or is it nothing? Does it install it automatically?

The installer will ask you for your FT patch exe, at the same page as where it asks you for the location of your CD. If you can't see it, you are either installing MB Eng instead of MBR Eng, or you are updating an existing installation, in which case you don't need the CD and FT patch again.

Unread postby Superflonic » December 23rd, 2007, 6:59 pm

Message wrote:
Superflonic wrote:Also, when installing the Melty Blood ReAct English patch, it doesn't ask me for the Final Tuned update at all. Am I doing something wrong here? Or is it nothing? Does it install it automatically?

The installer will ask you for your FT patch exe, at the same page as where it asks you for the location of your CD. If you can't see it, you are either installing MB Eng instead of MBR Eng, or you are updating an existing installation, in which case you don't need the CD and FT patch again.

Ah yes, I figured that out by now.

And using the advice given earlier, I got my MUI to work.
Again, much thanks.

I could now use a translator to give me a rough idea of what the warnings/errors meant.

And you're Dutch also :)

-Edit

Okay, I am now finally able to see Japanese text, when it was shown as blocks.
But I'm still unable to see the 'random jibberish' Japanese.
Also, when I'm installing the actual ReAct Final Tuned patch, it asks me for the CD.
When it's already in.

I specified the path, but it still asks me for the CD root path.
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » December 24th, 2007, 8:26 am

Superflonic wrote:Also, when I'm installing the actual ReAct Final Tuned patch, it asks me for the CD.
When it's already in.

I specified the path, but it still asks me for the CD root path.

You should not install the ReACT Final Tuned patch yourself, our installer automatically grabs the necessary files from the patch self-extracting .exe. Also, if our installer does not accept your CD, you probably don't have the proper CD in the drive. It is possible that you have bought the bootleg MBR FT DVD?

Unread postby Superflonic » December 24th, 2007, 8:35 am

Message wrote:
You should not install the ReACT Final Tuned patch yourself, our installer automatically grabs the necessary files from the patch self-extracting .exe. Also, if our installer does not accept your CD, you probably don't have the proper CD in the drive. It is possible that you have bought the bootleg MBR FT DVD?

The first part I understand.
I use the MB ReAct Revolve v1.1.exe to install it.

I got the Melty Blood English (not ReAct, just MB) to work, but having the Final Tuned patch would be nice.

And did I got scammed if I bought the bootleg MBR FT DVD?
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » December 24th, 2007, 8:49 am

Superflonic wrote:I got the Melty Blood English (not ReAct, just MB) to work, but having the Final Tuned patch would be nice.

Yes, I'm afraid you got ripped off. Our translation only work with the real CD version of MBR. The fact of the matter is: There is no pre-patched FT version of MBR, and there is no DVD version of MB*. There is only the MB CD, the MBR CD, and the FT downloadable patch. :-(

Unread postby Superflonic » December 24th, 2007, 8:57 am

Message wrote:
Superflonic wrote:I got the Melty Blood English (not ReAct, just MB) to work, but having the Final Tuned patch would be nice.

Yes, I'm afraid you got ripped off. Our translation only work with the real CD version of MBR. The fact of the matter is: There is no pre-patched FT version of MBR, and there is no DVD version of MB*. There is only the MB CD, the MBR CD, and the FT downloadable patch. :-(

Ah well.
So what do I do now?

If I understand correctly, MB and MBR are actually two 'different' games.
No, wait, MBR is an expansion one buys for MB, right?
And FT is a free downloadable patch, right?

So, I pay for MB and MBR, and then patch it with for free with the FT patch.

But I have no idea why MB is currently working perfectly, with english patch.
So, 'everything' I have to do now, is to get myself the MBR CD and patch it?
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » December 24th, 2007, 9:03 am

Superflonic wrote:So, I pay for MB and MBR, and then patch it with for free with the FT patch.

Yes. Except that for the English version you don't patch it with FT, you just install MBR Eng straight away. I don't know why you are able to run MB Eng without the MB CD, but the MB* English end-user license agreement forbids you to use our translations on illegal copies of the game. So you will have to pay for both MB and MBR if you want to play MBR in English.

Unread postby Superflonic » December 24th, 2007, 9:04 am

Message wrote:
Superflonic wrote:So, I pay for MB and MBR, and then patch it with for free with the FT patch.

Yes. Except that for the English version you don't patch it with FT, you just install MBR Eng straight away. I don't know why you are able to run MB Eng without the MB CD, but the MB* English end-user license agreement forbids you to use our translations on illegal copies of the game. So you will have to pay for both MB and MBR if you want to play MBR in English.

Well, yeah, of course I will pay for it when I got some money.
Thanks for your help any way ;)
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » December 24th, 2007, 1:40 pm

No problem, good luck.

Return to General Chat