Anime and Manga Bloopers.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Anime and Manga Bloopers.

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 17th, 2007, 1:46 pm

Hey.. i decided to create this thread since i've found several mistakes in anime and manga... Post any mistake, blooper, or maybe anything funny in manga you read, anime you watched or game you played here.... 8)
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 17th, 2007, 2:32 pm

Alright, here's the first one.... I was just reading Negima Mangascan chapter 189-191. Negi was lost in the Magic World, and was accidentally teleported 10.000Km from his initial location. They also claim that Magic World size was 1/3 of Earth's size.

Now let's do some math, I've spoiled it to make the post look shorter and for those who will have migrain upon reading math:

Earth equatorial radius is 6378.1 Km. I pick equatorial radius rather than the polar one because it is longer (Earth's shape is eliptical and the equator length is a bit longer)

So that means that the diameter is 6378.1 X 2 = 12,756.2 Km

And the equator length itself would be, 12,756. 2 X 3.14 = 40,054.468 Km ( The formula for circle circumference is 3,14 (π) X D (diameter) )

So, the longest distance possible on earth is: 1/2 X 40,054.486 Km = 20,027.243 Km ( Basically, the longest distance on earth is the place that right under you, fo example like Jakarta and New York, if i'm not mistaken they are right below each other and separated by 12 hours time difference. Of course if anyplace beside you right now, will be the longest distance if you take the opposite way and walk around the earth, but then, you count distance by how far you separated by it so that would not count)

Therefore, the longest distance possible on Magic world, which size are 1/3 of earth is: 6675.74 Km

Ps: I know this is not a funny one, just found it peculiar how ken akamatsu randomly came up with a massive number before he even count it right
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Henduluin » October 17th, 2007, 4:07 pm

He could've been talking about landmass. Judging by the landmap provided by Chachamaru in chapter... 190? it was pretty obvious most of the planet (if it is one) is covered by land, while Earth is 2/3 ocean.

*edit*
Correction, they said the area they were in (Either the jungle alone or the continent, not sure) was 1/3 the size of Earth, not the entire magic world, which is obviously huge.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby SPerson » October 17th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Henduluin wrote:He could've been talking about landmass. Judging by the landmap provided by Chachamaru in chapter... 190? it was pretty obvious most of the planet (if it is one) is covered by land, while Earth is 2/3 ocean.

*edit*
Correction, they said the area they were in (Either the jungle alone or the continent, not sure) was 1/3 the size of Earth, not the entire magic world, which is obviously huge.

Some corrections. (my nerd rage is rising)

- pi is an irrational number and by no means it can be 3.14 or 3.1415 or whatsoever
- Why did you assume they meant the radius when they talked about this world being 1/3 of Earth's size? They could mean the volume of the world which makes more sense from my perspective

If this world (I don't read this manga and I actually don't read any other shounen/harem/etc manga so I don't have a slightest idea of what you're talking about) has a shape similar to a ball and they refered to a volume when they talked about 1/3 size then everything is ok. Radius of this magic world would be R (radius of the Earth) *( 3 ^(-1/3)) which is approximately 4 422.3518 then the longest distance possible would be about 13 893 km, so there's no problem.

p.s. I'm sorry if my post seems to have some offense but I had no intention to sound rude or anything it's just that I'm majoring in computer science and partly in math and when I see a person talking about something trivial as if it's a serious matter and/or a mathematical problem I usually get a bit irritated.

p.p.s. Probably the most common "blooper" (if one could even call it a blooper) is Engrish
SPerson
Addict

Unread postby serialies » October 18th, 2007, 9:49 am

im "the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi" if you pay close attention to izumi during the mansion murder episode at one point he pivots and turns on his right leg...and it ends up as his left leg XP im sure someone made a gif/vid on it somewhere
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 18th, 2007, 10:45 am

Wow, finally some way to post up horrible mistakes by manga publishers!

I used to mark any error I found with a marker, but I became lazy half way. However, I did find 2 volumes that were marked (I've found plenty more), and 1 I remember from a friend's manga. Just in case you people haven't read enough before buying, TOKYOPOP subs are the WORST of ALL the subbing publishers. If possible, refrain from buying from them.

VizMedia also has errors, but not as much as TOKYOPOP does.

Here's what a could re-find:

Rozen Maiden Volume 1 (only the first volume, and already so man errors):

This is when Shinku breaks down for the first time.

Jun: "........ Ah...."

*Change in scene*

Nori: "I'm sorry I ate! I had a detention and they made me clean up...

Obviously it was supposed to be "late", but they left a huge distance between the 'l' and 'ate'.

Another scene. Shinku brings Jun to 'his world'

Jun: I'm going back. I can't stand this place
Shinku: No. We haven't found Hollier yet
J: I don't care
S: It's your fault we ended up here. If you knew yourself beter we wouldn't be lost.

And yes, that's the typo not from me, but TOKYOPOP

Another from TOKYOPOP, a Love Hina one I found just skimming the book (first volume)

Can't remember the scene before and after, but I remember the line

Naru: "You know he doesn't gives up"

For those wondering, the correct words were 'give up'. You don't gives up.

This one can't be precisely called a 'typo', but it's similar.

They subbed Midori no Hibi (Midori Days), and they categorised the manga as 'action'. Midori has hardly any action scenes, and when he does fight, most are to protect someone. It is much more 'comedy' than 'action', and 'drama' would've fit better then action.

There were more I remember from the .HACK// novel series by TOKYOPOP, and Shakugan no Shana from Vizmedia but I can't find the page. =(
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » October 18th, 2007, 11:16 am

These people seriously needs take ESL.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 3rd, 2008, 4:47 pm

Reviving my own dead thread... here is what i found i recently.

Rozen Maiden eps 8 + 5th minute ( Apperently Jun is a terrific "Maiden Juggling without getting noticed" ) :

Shakugan no Shana eps 12 + 11th minute (Are Flame Hazes counted as ghost/vampires? :? ) :

Clannad eps 17 + 3rd minute (I don't know if just me, but I think even Peter Pan won't mind losing his shadow if it's in that shape) :

lol, the only actual recent anime is only Clannad. I only recently got Shana and Rozen Maiden.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Return to General Chat