ONScripter EN Questions about

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

ONScripter EN Questions about

Unread postby Chronowraith » October 6th, 2007, 7:09 pm

Hello, I've been poking around a bit with ONScripter EN and Higurashi No Naku koro Ni and it seems that the game acts differently when run in ONScripter (certain menus and such don't appear) any ideas around this? Also how did you package the installer? is there an easy way to do it or would we need to write a custom program for it? Question about distrobution as well, since there is an issue with the characters if you use the original exe you need to use the onscripter exe right? so i'd need to pack it all in there with the installer yes?

just wondering. thanks.
-Chrono
Chronowraith
Addict

Re: ONScripter EN Questions about

Unread postby Message » October 7th, 2007, 6:06 am

Chronowraith wrote:Hello, I've been poking around a bit with ONScripter EN and Higurashi No Naku koro Ni and it seems that the game acts differently when run in ONScripter (certain menus and such don't appear) any ideas around this?

There could be hundreds of causes for Higurashi not working properly in ONS. You'll need to debug 0.txt.
Chronowraith wrote:Also how did you package the installer? is there an easy way to do it or would we need to write a custom program for it? Question about distrobution as well, since there is an issue with the characters if you use the original exe you need to use the onscripter exe right? so i'd need to pack it all in there with the installer yes?

We use NSIS for our installers. The script for the MBR English v1.1 installer is over 50kB plaintext, but there are simpler (read: more easily broken) ways to do it.
And yes, you would need to distro ONS together with your translation/patch/whatever. Unless you want people to download their own ONS.

Unread postby Chronowraith » October 7th, 2007, 6:47 pm

Thanks, i'll look into NSIS as well as try to work through the 0.txt file. Are there any reference sites you'd recommend (besides the official site i mean)?
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby Message » October 7th, 2007, 9:42 pm

Hmmm... Well there's insani's translation of an old version of the official command reference. And you could ask at the gemot, there are a lot of ONS-savvy people there who might help you with more specific questions.

Return to General Chat