Fate/Stay Night Roleplay? [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » September 29th, 2007, 1:12 pm

i forgot to ask an important question.
do any of you guys know how to make an rpg forum like ninpocho?
or at least how does it work...?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

galvenize
Crack Addic!

Unread post by galvenize » September 29th, 2007, 2:29 pm

A lot of organisation . Can't create alone a RP forum

Nalerenn
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Nalerenn » September 30th, 2007, 4:21 am

I'm not too sure about forums, but I am in the process of coding a MUSH. Better yet, I can probably bring a friend of mine around and see if I could rope him into the coding of it. That is, of course, if you'd prefer a text-based Roleplay server.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » September 30th, 2007, 4:43 am

of course, i think a text based roleplay is adequate enough.
well, ithink you shoulddrag your friend. persuade him to help you..
of course, i'll help to if i can...
just name it, and i'd try with the best of my ability... :)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Nalerenn
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Nalerenn » September 30th, 2007, 12:40 pm

Well, it involves C coding, so it'd be kinda complex. What I'd need is, basically, a map of the 'rooms' (Outdoor areas are still called rooms) showing where each is in relation to the other and how they're connected. For example, can you head east from Random Street to enter Normal Place, or head up (As in, up, not north) to reach the second floor of Random Inc from the first floor? Text descriptions would be nice, too. As for a server, I'll see what I can whip up with an old computer.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » October 2nd, 2007, 6:12 am

in my opinion, an old computer is not a hindrance in making this RP forum...
well, i'll see what i can do....
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Retsej
Addict

Unread post by Retsej » October 5th, 2007, 3:37 am

The irony. I've been thinking about doing this for about a month with a group with completely different heroic spirits. Letsee...

Odysseus, Roland, Musashi, and Beowulf were the ones I've decided on so far with only Odysseus's and Beowulf's classes determined so far (Archer and Berserker respectively). I'm not sure whether to make Roland Saber or Rider. Musashi would be either Saber or Assassin.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » October 5th, 2007, 5:48 am

well, why don't we all cooperate? i'm sure it'll make the job lot easier...
btw, I don't agree with the idea of determining the heroes; we should allow all players to choose their heroes of their own tastes...
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Nalerenn
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Nalerenn » October 5th, 2007, 7:47 pm

Raitei wrote:in my opinion, an old computer is not a hindrance in making this RP forum...
well, i'll see what i can do....
Forum? I was coding and hosting a game server o_O

I haven't got much of the MOO system done, but I have managed to convince the friend to join in, though I think he'd only be interested if it was going to be a MOO and not a forum.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » October 5th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Nalerenn wrote: Forum? I was coding and hosting a game server o_O

I haven't got much of the MOO system done, but I have managed to convince the friend to join in, though I think he'd only be interested if it was going to be a MOO and not a forum.
hmm, congratulations on your succes in persuading your friend to join in ^^...
btw,will you let us know when you're finished, and the name of the site? :)
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Ryomasa
Might just like this board

Unread post by Ryomasa » October 14th, 2007, 1:15 am

Hey all, I'm kinda new here, so forgive my intrusion.

For the record, all of the following I say is based completely off speculation.

I am also part of Ninpocho Chronicles (Raitei, what's your char name?).

In addition, I have been part of the administration/moderator team of several RP boards. Due to strange and unfortunate circumstances IRL, I have not been able to remain part of them for long; however, I have a rather great deal of experience with RP boards in general.

I actually belong to a Fate/Stay Night board, but unfortunately we are too far into the game (and dying, to my chagrin) to change much. However, through this I have learned a moderate deal of "Stuff" about F/SN, for someone who has never played the game or read the manga, and only watched the anime.

I'd be more than happy to offer my services to this project, for (as those who visit the Fate/Stay Night article on Wikipedia will know) I can easily create a basic (but, for this purpose, useful) character archive for masters and characters, complete with stat sheets (unfortunately, I cannot actually make the table, but I can arrange it without the borders).

In addition, I trained as a B-Mod (Battle Moderator) on Ninpocho, but that was before my absence. In addition, I've done a few good text-based RPs with some plug-and-chug elements, and can handle numbers fairly quickly.

A quick suggestion about B/G-Ms: since we all love impartial judges, I would suggest going with the parallel world option, where players can only join ONE particular world as a Master/Servant/Team at a time until that Story Arc ends. People would be free to join as NPCs, and would have one account to keep track of the characters. This way, the separate B/G-Ms of each world can RP as well.

Well, that's my two cents. If anyone needs me, I'm usually on MSN. Don't use my AIM, it doesn't work well on my comp.

Thank y'all for your attention.
Last edited by Ryomasa on October 17th, 2007, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://providence.invisionplus.net

Fate/World Providence
The next generation of the Grail Wars.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » October 14th, 2007, 2:05 am

hey,we've got a new guy here!let me say welcome, Ryomasa-kun!
sure, it would be an invaluable helping hand to have you on our side!unfortunately, we have not yet made this quite...organized.
well then guys,(especially you, Nalerenn-kun) why don't we start our co-op on making this rp?we'll need a solid organization if we are to finished this...
i'm pretty sure it'll be quite...exciting, when the rp has been finished.

@Ryomasa:unfortunately, I haven't got a ninpocho chara...
I only knew this because i've frequently watched my friends play during schoolbreak and computer lessons... :P
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Ryomasa

Unread post by Ryomasa » October 17th, 2007, 11:53 am

So, can we make a poll for interest?

Fate/World Providence

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » October 17th, 2007, 12:22 pm

Ryomasa wrote:So, can we make a poll for interest?
good idea, but I don't quite get what we should add into the poll?
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Ryomasa

Unread post by Ryomasa » October 17th, 2007, 12:35 pm

See how many people would be interested, check for how many people like a particular system of running it, etc.

Fate/World Providence

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » October 17th, 2007, 12:39 pm

I get the general idea, but not the details... nah, why don't you be the one who create the poll?
or you can pm me about what should I add to the poll...
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

LastShadow

Unread post by LastShadow » October 18th, 2007, 11:05 pm

This whole thing sounds really interesting, but i would like to point something out.

You guys keep mentioning 14 players, 7 master and 7 servants. But, wouldn't there really only 13? If you gave the parts out randomly, someone is gonna get the short end of the stick if they get chosen as Berserker.

Berserker's role would be, 'Should i yell or should i not yell? I'm gonna yell'.
Given the fact that Berserker loses his mind because of his class, the player won't have much of a role.
You might just want to give total control of Berserker to its master.

Ryomasa

Unread post by Ryomasa » October 19th, 2007, 12:36 am

Hmm...good question.

However, Heracles has the ability to look damn thoughtful at times. You don't HAVE to RP TALKING, because THINKING works too. You just won't be able to express it in words.

And, (I'm not quite sure of this) isn't it possible to summon a coherent Servant? We only know that Berserker just is insane because Ilya puts him in a state of constant madness to control him better.

Fate/World Providence

Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Naota » October 19th, 2007, 2:03 am

Precisely. From what was said in Fate, Berserker as a servant doesn't actually lose sanity until it is either commanded to, or does so of its own volition. The berserker we know only truly became berserker during his final fight in the fate route, though I'm uncertain as to why he seemed to already be partially insane.

For this purpose, it would be best to regard the "berserk" state as something that can happen to the servant Berserker which gives them their respective boost in attributes, but doesn't neccessarily have to occur right at the time of summoning. Also, nothing was ever said about the berserk state being irreversible (though obviously it would be extremely difficult to coax Berserker back into sanity), so that also becomes an interesting plot point. If nothing else, I would play Berserker just for that aspect of the drama, though Caster, Assassin, or Rider would be more to my preference.
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » October 19th, 2007, 5:20 am

Naota wrote: For this purpose, it would be best to regard the "berserk" state as something that can happen to the servant Berserker which gives them their respective boost in attributes, but doesn't neccessarily have to occur right at the time of summoning. Also, nothing was ever said about the berserk state being irreversible (though obviously it would be extremely difficult to coax Berserker back into sanity), so that also becomes an interesting plot point. If nothing else, I would play Berserker just for that aspect of the drama, though Caster, Assassin, or Rider would be more to my preference.
exactly what I thought :D...this kind of status will allow berserkers to participate more freely, thus enhancing the strategy between the master and the servant... :wink:
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence