Who you like more, Shiki or Shirou? [spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Shiki or Shirou?

Shiki
60%
Shirou
40%

Total votes : 285

Unread postby Raitei » October 24th, 2008, 3:20 am

gexer64 wrote:How did you change the font?
there's only 1 font option, but I think you can hack it.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Shirou » October 24th, 2008, 3:53 am

That font is used in Key games lol, what have you done!?

Shirou
Might just like this board

Unread postby gexer64 » October 24th, 2008, 4:19 am

Would you mind posting how you changed the font?
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 24th, 2008, 1:53 pm

I was going to ask the same thing, that font is easy on the yes...albeit, it makes it seem less serious, but still.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Belzera » October 24th, 2008, 9:02 pm

I like the font overall
Belzera
Addict

Unread postby Shikiller » October 24th, 2008, 10:02 pm

It's just the " Mikachan " font used in some Key games, it's easy to find and download, then you just change the fonts with the game options.

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby hoennsquall » October 25th, 2008, 9:55 am

yay to Clannad XD
hoennsquall
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sinistra » October 29th, 2008, 8:57 pm

i'd have to go with shirou, he seems a bit more useful
Sinistra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 29th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Yes, but Shirou's usefulness is limited, really. I just like Shiki's look on life more, he's realistic in his goals, he doesn't try for the impossible and he accepts reality. He doesn't try to act like a baby and cry when things don't go his way.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » October 29th, 2008, 10:27 pm

Well this is pretty much shiro vs shiki....

I found a MAD video with fights between Archer and Satsujinki 50% of the time

Wewt for fight scenes XD
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby NonExistence » November 2nd, 2008, 5:36 am

dissonanza eh...

stay night dissonanza is pretty.

and now i no longer think shiki is better... i now think that satsujinki pwns all.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby robthemanbigboy » November 2nd, 2008, 8:41 am

Shirou. I like his attitude better.
robthemanbigboy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby KratosIrving » November 2nd, 2008, 9:48 am

After reading through HF...I think Shirou wins hands down just because of pure GAR. 8)
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby DarkEyes » November 4th, 2008, 8:41 pm

totally agree - shirou owns
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » November 4th, 2008, 10:13 pm

After playing HF i wanna start a new thread called
"Who do you like more? Shiki or shirou? Or RIN!!!! [Spoilers]"

As from playing HF, Rin is absolutely overpowering compared to Shiro + Shiki even working together
They would not stand any minimal chance in anything of even comparing to her with Zelretch

Shiro could project Rho Aias of course, and shiki could 'kill' the beam of wtfpwnbbqdeath, but she would instantly fire off a thousand more after they have done so ;)

Also overall, shiro in HF gains servant like strength and Stamina. Not even using Hercs Np, he withstood a direct attack at him by blocking it with a reinforced sword. He sustained very minimal damage, except for quite a bit of burning pain....

so what i say is that HF Shiro can beat shiki in a fight, however he will die shortly afterwords no matter what, as the arm used to beat him would kill him
UBW shiro has the best chance of fighting shiki (and surviving in the end) over HF shiro at least....
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Color » November 4th, 2008, 10:22 pm

Shiki basically strikes me as a "pretty normal person" in terms of his balance of good and bad qualities. I respect UBW and Fate Shirou more than Shiki, because Shirou in those routes I find quite admirable in his goal to help/save others. However, HF Shirou has lost that quality, so he's basically on the level of Shiki (if not lower).

I wonder if Shiki would have made the same choice as HF Shirou, if he faced a similar situation with one of the female leads of Tsukihime? I can't really see it happening, considering how his eyes, his encounter with Aozaki, and his near death experience caused him to value life. (Then again, Shirou had similar experiences--it was pretty weird to see his direction in HF).
Color
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rikh » November 4th, 2008, 10:25 pm

Color wrote:Shiki basically strikes me as a "pretty normal person" in terms of his balance of good and bad qualities. I respect UBW and Fate Shirou more than Shiki, because Shirou in those routes I find quite admirable in his goal to help/save others. However, HF Shirou has lost that quality, so he's basically on the level of Shiki (if not lower).

I wonder if Shiki would have made the same choice as HF Shirou, if he faced a similar situation with one of the female leads of Tsukihime? I can't really see it happening, considering how his eyes, his encounter with Aozaki, and his near death experience caused him to value life. (Then again, Shirou had similar experiences--it was pretty weird to see his direction in HF).

If Shiki went similar to HF shiro, it honestly wouldn't be too surprising... His character can be more easily changed to the guy that kills multiple people to save the person he loves
This would probably revolve around Akiha or Arcueid if their routes went that way. Akiha would be very similar to Sakura, and Shiki would allow her to kill others to live. He would also kill the host thats causing her to kill others.
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Color » November 4th, 2008, 10:37 pm

Rikh wrote:If Shiki went similar to HF shiro, it honestly wouldn't be too surprising... His character can be more easily changed to the guy that kills multiple people to save the person he loves
This would probably revolve around Akiha or Arcueid if their routes went that way. Akiha would be very similar to Sakura, and Shiki would allow her to kill others to live. He would also kill the host thats causing her to kill others.
Yeah. It's hard to say though, since Shiki never really encounters a similar situation. In both Akiha and Arcueid's examples, for instance, they reject feeding upon and harming others and are strong enough to earnestly ask that Shiki kill them instead of letting them harm others. This is different from HF.
Color
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Undream » November 4th, 2008, 10:54 pm

Am i weird because i still like Shiki more than HF shirou? :(
TO HELL WITH YOU, HEATHENS!!!

:P
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » November 6th, 2008, 7:40 pm

Undream wrote:Am i weird because i still like Shiki more than HF shirou? :(
TO HELL WITH YOU, HEATHENS!!!
:P

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
You are (not) alone.
I still like Shiki more than HF Shirou. Shiki didn't have to change his way of thinking radically as HF Shirou did, so he is still more "in tune" to how I think.

Color wrote:Shiki basically strikes me as a "pretty normal person" in terms of his balance of good and bad qualities. I respect UBW and Fate Shirou more than Shiki, because Shirou in those routes I find quite admirable in his goal to help/save others. However, HF Shirou has lost that quality, so he's basically on the level of Shiki (if not lower).

That's pretty much how I see it. Shiki respects life, that's why he goes out patrolling and getting rid of vampires/deads/angry mosquitoes... and Shirou does the same, both endangering his well being and sometimes willing to sacrifice themselves (Shiki: Akiha True End --- Shirou:.... well, pretty much everywhere....). Somewhere in Tsukihime it said that Shiki didn't go patrolling for the sake of justice (I think it was in Arc route....?) and he wasn't all that good of a person, Shirou did it because of the well being of the people in town. Comparing them, Shiki is a more selfish man than Shirou.

Rikh wrote:
Color wrote:I wonder if Shiki would have made the same choice as HF Shirou, if he faced a similar situation with one of the female leads of Tsukihime? I can't really see it happening, considering how his eyes, his encounter with Aozaki, and his near death experience caused him to value life. (Then again, Shirou had similar experiences--it was pretty weird to see his direction in HF).

If Shiki went similar to HF shiro, it honestly wouldn't be too surprising... His character can be more easily changed to the guy that kills multiple people to save the person he loves

Can't agree more.

[edit]Also, going back a bit to having SHiki as a servant assassin thingy (it was in this thread.... right?).... After finishing HF (both endings), I don't see how is it that Shiki can't become a servant assassin....
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat