Who you like more, Shiki or Shirou? [spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Shiki or Shirou?

Shiki
60%
Shirou
40%

Total votes: 285

saihamaru
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by saihamaru » August 4th, 2007, 12:38 pm

1 vote for Shirou
Unlimited Blade Works are just too cool...

miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread post by miszou » August 5th, 2007, 12:31 am

A.R.C.C. wrote: And skirting the issue by making them 200+ years old and non-human doesn't necessarily mean they *should be* legal..
Chibi Sue won't be happy with such a thing :3 (for those who know ghastly's ghastly comic ^^)

Antoher reason Shiki's cooler:
► Show Spoiler
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

james-skarz
Addict

Shiki > Shirou.

Unread post by james-skarz » August 14th, 2007, 12:03 pm

I think we can all agree on Oscar Schindler's quote:

"Power is not killing someone, but choosing not to when you can"

Shiki can literally kill anything in existence, including the world - Using his awesome Mystic Eyes, but doesn't. Instead he bangs a bunch of hot chics.

Shirou is a pussy who can trace swords and the memories of those who wielded them but still got pwnt by nearly every character in F/SN. He also got most of the people near him f***ed, near-killed or turned into cheerleaders.

And agreeing with an early post that Shiki's harem (A hot little sister, a threesome [Read Kagetsu Tohya] with his maids, the hottest and most powerful vampire princess in existence and an invincible exorcist) absolutely owns the crap out of Shirou's (His cook [Sakura], Rin with her jewels and as said before, King Arthur minus the penis).

Crest
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Crest » August 15th, 2007, 3:23 am

I'd think Shiki would win.
► Show Spoiler
On topic though I like Melty Blood Shiki personality best since he doesn't really have much of that serial killer personality. He is rather cheerful and takes most things in stride.
If i had to pick which household to live in I'd pick the Emiya household since it already has quite a few tenants. Would be fun to be neighbors with Rin, Illya, the visiting Taiga and Saber. Ooh that ryhmes. Neighbors with Saber.

Harem wise, Shiki's is better since he has Twin Maids, Ren, Arcueid, Ciel, Akiha. Now if Shirou had gotten Illya...different story ;D
Also, White Ren game? Share please.

mir
Crack Addic!

Unread post by mir » August 15th, 2007, 7:11 am

Crest wrote:Also, White Ren game? Share please.
Rated M, hence not appropriate for posting, sorry. Though I am tempted... =)

potaatti
Crack Addic!

Re: Shiki > Shirou.

Unread post by potaatti » August 15th, 2007, 1:04 pm

james-skarz wrote:Shiki can literally kill anything in existence, including the world - Using his awesome Mystic Eyes, but doesn't. Instead he bangs a bunch of hot chics.
He can't kill the world, can he? :?

Crest
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Crest » August 15th, 2007, 3:24 pm

I think Shiki can only kill things if he understands the concept of its death. So its easiest for him to kill living things since he understands that pretty well. Inanimate objects such as walls or locks are killable too. Shiki does not understand what the end of the world would be like. So therefore he can't kill the world and bring the end of the world about.
Also if you can't post White Ren game can you email a link or something to me? :3
Whodad@gmail.com

Caineth
Addict

Unread post by Caineth » August 15th, 2007, 6:04 pm

Technically, Shiki could kill the world, but the very act of attempting to visualize the worlds death would cause his brain to explode.
► Show Spoiler

miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread post by miszou » August 16th, 2007, 12:53 am

I think this whole discussion belongs in spoiler threads anyway :]
► Show Spoiler
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Chetyre
Addict

Unread post by Chetyre » August 16th, 2007, 10:20 pm

isn't it said he can see the lines on the moon too? if he can see them on the moon I don't see what would be so different about seeing them on earth
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » August 17th, 2007, 2:20 am

As i was informed, Kara no Kyokai's Shiki, yes, the girl, could kill everything, and i mean everything, power and thoughts, and this was this main difference with Tsukihime's Shiki, which could kill everything with a physical existence. This theory is supported by the fact that Shiki couldn't kill TATARI on Melty Blood because he was just a curse, this until Arc gave him the form of the Dead Apostle Zepia by the Vermilion Moon, and some other mumbo jumbo.

By the way, feel free to correct me in any way, if you have the evidence to do so.

Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Eriol-kun » August 19th, 2007, 10:07 pm

mir wrote:Rated M, hence not appropriate for posting, sorry. Though I am tempted... =)
You've piqued my curiosity as well. >:3

NightFoxXIII
Into 17 Pieces

Unread post by NightFoxXIII » August 22nd, 2007, 9:55 pm

Raw wrote:As i was informed, Kara no Kyokai's Shiki, yes, the girl, could kill everything, and i mean everything, power and thoughts, and this was this main difference with Tsukihime's Shiki, which could kill everything with a physical existence. This theory is supported by the fact that Shiki couldn't kill TATARI on Melty Blood because he was just a curse, this until Arc gave him the form of the Dead Apostle Zepia by the Vermilion Moon, and some other mumbo jumbo.

By the way, feel free to correct me in any way, if you have the evidence to do so.

Uwaa... so even KnK's Shiki is even MORE powerful than Tohno Shiki.

Anyways besides the point, I prefer Shiki in the sense that although he does have a twisted personality, he has a kick-*ss ability compared to Shirou.
► Show Spoiler

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » August 22nd, 2007, 10:49 pm

I like Shiki and his ability. I like Shirou's ability, but not himself, he always seems a bit pansy in the Fate Route, which is the only one i played. Of course, i expect more of him on the other routes.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » August 25th, 2007, 2:46 pm

shiki's definitely cooler than shirou..
or so I think.. :P
Last edited by Raitei on August 25th, 2007, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

galvenize
Crack Addic!

Unread post by galvenize » August 25th, 2007, 5:20 pm

Before playing the game and after seeing both anime , i'd choose Shirou (discovering his secret and all and all ... It was awesome!)
After finishing Tsukihime , i have a better vision of Shiki and i prefere him to shirou , but maybe it will change after playing all the remaining routes of FSN .

I'll vote after finish all the stuff .... it means after a long time .

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » August 25th, 2007, 5:39 pm

Having played through Tsukihime completely, watched the anime, and playing Fate(UBW and HF aside since I can't exactly read it) and watching the anime, Shiki far outshines Shirou in every way I think.

This opinion is subject to change if and when I get the chance to go through UBW and HF though.

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » August 25th, 2007, 9:22 pm

Maes wrote: This opinion is subject to change if and when I get the chance to go through UBW and HF though.
ubw especially ... some people say that shirou's really GAR there :P

note: 1. yo galvenize, nice sig you've got there..may I ask where did you got it?
2. spoilers tags now are called "hidden", huh..?

galvenize
Crack Addic!

Unread post by galvenize » August 25th, 2007, 9:37 pm

Raitei wrote:
note: 1. yo galvenize, nice sig you've got there..may I ask where did you got it?

I made it , handmade dude 8)

btw , UBW is supposed to be the shortest scenario of all 3 , isn't it right ?

Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Eriol-kun » August 26th, 2007, 12:49 am

galvenize wrote:btw , UBW is supposed to be the shortest scenario of all 3 , isn't it right ?
I hope that's not the general case.

I NEED MY MOEMOE RIN DOSE~