Fate/Tiger Colosseum!

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » July 24th, 2007, 10:34 pm

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » August 10th, 2007, 6:09 pm

New updates to the F/TC site - a character list, voice samples for Bazett and Caren, and a new video!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_tiger/

http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_tiger/movie/index.html

http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_tiger/character/index.html

That new video is great - Go Archer!

UBW - with the hill o'swords and gears clunking away in the background and everything!

YEAH!

Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Impractic_Shiki » August 10th, 2007, 7:40 pm

Sounds like a cute port title. >_>

A pity it actually has a story mode that can't be made sense of.

Link_74
Might just like this board

Unread post by Link_74 » August 11th, 2007, 2:55 am

Well, can PSP titles from Japan be played on PSPs from here? Also, will there be an arcade mode and vs mode like Melty Blood? I don't want to get lost in the Japanese text of story mode.

Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Impractic_Shiki » August 11th, 2007, 5:35 am

They can. PSPs aren't region encoded.

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » August 11th, 2007, 5:38 am

Well, they are for UMD movies - not that such a thing is that big a deal anyway...

Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Impractic_Shiki » August 12th, 2007, 4:13 am

I had heard the games weren't. Why American users were buying Japanese ports. :/

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » August 12th, 2007, 5:28 am

The games are region-free, but the movies are not.

But since Europe and Japan are both Region 2, a European PSP can run Japanese UMD movies, and vice versa - but neither type will work on a North American PSP.

Anyway, yes, the Japanese version of F/TC will work just fine on a North American or European PSP - but may require a working knowledge of Japanese to fully appreciate.

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » August 26th, 2007, 2:08 am

haderach wrote:too bad it has this kind of design...
how come they never released an fsn fighting game like melty blood? i'm sure it would have had a lot of success (even more than melty blood)
Check Fatal/Fake on Wikipedia

This game is too cute by the way.

Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Eriol-kun » August 26th, 2007, 2:14 am

Indeed, there are a couple of F/sn doujin games out there like F/F, but it would've been awesome if French-Bread were the creator. I guess it was Cavia's idea to make the characters so chibi. Plus I guess it would fit more on the PSP, but don't take that word seriously: I don't own one.

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » August 26th, 2007, 3:12 am

yeah, fatal /fake's cool(at least about what i've seen in wiki..)
too bad I cannot find it, though...
the one I've got is just fate sword dance, and it doesn't have special features... :(

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Region codings

Unread post by -[J1N]- » September 17th, 2007, 7:40 am

Apparently some UMD games do contain a region protection. I bought the "extra edition" of realta nua that had an extra PSP game come with it. I'm actually not too sure if its a game or movie, but i'm pretty sure its a game. Anyhow, the UMD is region coded to Region 2.

I got Fatal/Fake on my PC atm, but to tell the truth, its a bit plain. Now much the creators fault, but the controls are difficult because they react in a weird way

Still waiting for my arrival of Fate/Tiger Colosseum (Limited Edition at that) :lol:

Raitei

Re: Region codings

Unread post by Raitei » September 17th, 2007, 9:38 am

-[J1N]- wrote:Apparently some UMD games do contain a region protection. I bought the "extra edition" of realta nua that had an extra PSP game come with it. I'm actually not too sure if its a game or movie, but i'm pretty sure its a game. Anyhow, the UMD is region coded to Region 2.

I got Fatal/Fake on my PC atm, but to tell the truth, its a bit plain. Now much the creators fault, but the controls are difficult because they react in a weird way

Still waiting for my arrival of Fate/Tiger Colosseum (Limited Edition at that) :lol:
wow, lucky you. I haven't got a psp or never will I have...:cry:
btw, haven't played fatal/fake, i'd like to try it myself..
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » September 17th, 2007, 3:28 pm

Wow, Fatal/Fake looks kinda nice.... It's just 60 MB tho, typical doujin game... Do they sell this game? or is it free to download? anybody know the link? And, what's Fate sword dance??

About PSP games, i don't really know since i don't own one.. but seeing that PS2 games are released in Region basis, it's realistic to think that they had done the same thing with psp.
Uchi kaeru....

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » September 17th, 2007, 8:57 pm

umm, I think fatal/fake's a fighting game,ne?
about fate sword dance, i've got it, if you want to try it...
not so bad, but not so nice either... :)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Kansho » September 17th, 2007, 11:26 pm

lolipedofin wrote:Wow, Fatal/Fake looks kinda nice.... It's just 60 MB tho, typical doujin game... Do they sell this game? or is it free to download? anybody know the link? And, what's Fate sword dance??

About PSP games, i don't really know since i don't own one.. but seeing that PS2 games are released in Region basis, it's realistic to think that they had done the same thing with psp.
PSP didn't have any Region Lock, that's official. Only UMD movies have region. All games are free-region.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.

Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Eriol-kun » September 17th, 2007, 11:50 pm

lolipedofin wrote:Wow, Fatal/Fake looks kinda nice.... It's just 60 MB tho, typical doujin game... Do they sell this game? or is it free to download?
I believe it is a doujin commercial game, so you'd have to buy it. dunno about F/SD.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » September 18th, 2007, 3:47 am

Raitei wrote:umm, I think fatal/fake's a fighting game,ne?
about fate sword dance, i've got it, if you want to try it...
not so bad, but not so nice either... :)
By doujin game, i mean one that's not commercially oriented game, it could be fighting game, visual novel or any kind of games. If you ever play Ragnarok Battle Offline, that's also one of doujin games, Type-Moon's Tsukihime is also a doujin game. see here for more understanding, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dojin_soft.
I believe it is a doujin commercial game, so you'd have to buy it. dunno about F/SD.
Aww, sucks!
Uchi kaeru....

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » September 18th, 2007, 4:17 am

oi, got that.
btw, lolipedofin, I can share my copy of f/sd if you want me to...
(i'm not pirating, don't get me wrong!)
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » September 18th, 2007, 5:57 am

Kansho wrote:PSP didn't have any Region Lock, that's official. Only UMD movies have region. All games are free-region.
Lol, then i'd guess that the 'extra' UMD will be some sort of movie??

Sweet! :lol:

O darn, i seem to have removed Fatal/Fake from my comp. I'll try to find the game so i can screenshot u guys a few pics about gameplay and char screens. The game IS 60mbs, and you can tell when u actually play the game. Being a doujin, the game contains no character voices at all, meaning all you hear in battle are the BGM and hack n slash noises. Like i said before, the controls are weird and very irresponsive, but the characters are very well made.

I think i had f/sd before as well... Could anyone fill me in on what that games like?