Fate/Tiger Colosseum!

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 18th, 2007, 7:57 am

In Fatal/Fake, Archer's Unlimited Blade Works is cool.

It's like a Heat mode kinda thing (for those who have played Melty Blood), and during it's duration you can actually perform quite a number of Noble Phantasms.

Examples would be Caladbolg (arrow style), Excalibur, Rule Breaker, Gae Bolg...

Also, Lancer is broken. Spamming just C can create a mini combo by itself (like Nanaya's multiple slashes), IIRC. Berserker is a pretty much a free frag to it when he's in Godhand mode as he can't block.

Perhaps the most underpowered character pre-patch is Assassin. Seriously, he's close to useless.

...Uhm. I think we're kinda off-topic, aren't we? Apologies to the moderators >.<

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 18th, 2007, 2:58 pm

Got my grubby hands on a borrowed copy of Fate/Tiger Colosseum. Don't ask me where; my friend has insane connections. I'm afraid if I ask him, he'll kill me.

If anyone's expecting gameplay to be similar to Melty Blood, you have got to be kidding.

It's insanely cute, and it's simple fun. But it's not must-get, unless of course, you can read Jap fluently.

Gameplay is VERY simple learn but difficult to master; it took me a while to figure it out. Only one button is a proper attack/combo buttion, although you have your typical break shield attack as well that supposedly can be combined to perform combos. a block button, lock on button, and jump.

Performing Noble Phantasms was a matter of firstly obtaining a Tiger Ball, gaining max MP, then pressing either R + Square (the 'weaker' one) or R + Circle (the 'stronger' one). I've only tried the weak Noble Phantasm, and let me tell you: it's an instant K.O move(with the exception of Caster; it halves your health and completely removes your MP, IIRC).

The other one's probably an AOE, cutscene instant K.O move, judging from the only one I've seen (it's a lot harder to gain max MP to perform the second Noble Phantasm)
► Show Spoiler
Well, that's it for now. Back to trying to complete Lancer's story mode.

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 18th, 2007, 4:22 pm

Mini Update:
► Show Spoiler
Going to stop for now; the battles can get VERY repetitive and frustrating. For those who live on cuteness though, the story mode (as nonsensical and doujin-ish as it is) provides enough of that.

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » September 18th, 2007, 5:58 pm

Just to clarify - the UMD that comes with certain copies of Realta Nua is basically the hanafuda game from Hollow Ataraxia.

Basically, the group you play as in the game have to try and get to the onsen, and play other groups in games of hanafuda to get there.

I haven't played it, but I wanna...

Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Kansho » September 19th, 2007, 12:21 am

demonblade wrote:A few interesting notes: Shirou's first Noble Phantasm is usually him shouting "Trace, on!", and then hurling Kansho and Byakuya at you. However, I've seen the computer pull out Berserker's Axe-sword instead to smack me across the face. Not so fun, but it was cool. Or it could have been his second Noble Phantasm, but I doubt it. It's a pretty pathetic one compare to Taiga's, if it IS his second one.
That's the second attack of Shirou yes, Nine Lives Blade Works... is a spoiler of HF.
► Show Spoiler
And that attack kills in one blow in the Tiger colosseum too. Is the Shirou's "mortal strike trademark" in Fate/stay night.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » September 19th, 2007, 4:31 am

Sounds kinda fun... But it's unlikely for me to play it in near future. Having no PSP and hardly anyone sell japanese language game here in local stores. :cry: .

Does anyone know any other good spin-off games of F/SN, preferably doujin one, and of course the free one, or at least has the free demo version.... :?: :?: :?:
Uchi kaeru....

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 19th, 2007, 7:07 am

Kansho wrote:
► Show Spoiler
And that attack kills in one blow in the Tiger colosseum too. Is the Shirou's "mortal strike trademark" in Fate/stay night.
► Show Spoiler

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » September 19th, 2007, 12:04 pm

Are there some thing that you need to do to be able to perform those Nobel Phantasms? If its just enough MP and the right button inputs, the rounds would end quite quickly i'd assume

God i want my game to arrive already ><
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 19th, 2007, 1:31 pm

-[JIN]- wrote:Are there some thing that you need to do to be able to perform those Nobel Phantasms?
► Show Spoiler

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » September 20th, 2007, 8:36 am

I ain't reading no spoiler till i get my hands on the game >: (. Quite a bummer too, it's been a week since i've got that order shipped. So i guess there are prerequisites then, hehe.

BTW, in total, how many usable characters are there?
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 20th, 2007, 6:15 pm

Ahhm. That's actually a minor spoiler too you know. Lol

21 characters, without including changes in outfits.

Also, I will never see True Assassin the same way EVER again. My gosh he is so...
► Show Spoiler
...Uhm. Please excuse me. I have a weakness for bad-asses that turn out to be softies.lol

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » September 25th, 2007, 10:32 am

I finally got my hands on the darn game, but it's so confusing.

About that noble phantasm.......
► Show Spoiler
Lol, i've tried reading the manual, but i'm still very lost. Could someone help me out with the buttons and the menu screens?

Btw, the limited edition came with lots of nice extras, I'll try to scan them for you guys.

Alastor Avalon

Unread post by Alastor Avalon » September 25th, 2007, 12:22 pm

i got my hands on the limited edition too recently, the box is so damn huge!

i bought it along with the accesories pack, i cant seem to want to use the stickers to stick on my earphones since theyre only a peice each T_T

looking forward to the soundtrack :D

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 25th, 2007, 12:52 pm

@-[J1N]-

Most characters only need to get up to half-bar. Then press Square + R. I'd recommend locking on an enemy first.

Also, if you're at full bar (miraculously), you can press Square + L for the second Noble Phantasm.

Some characters do not have a second Noble Phantasm.

Characters who do not have MP bars are teh pwnage. You will find out why.

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » September 26th, 2007, 5:35 am

Alastor Avalon wrote:i got my hands on the limited edition too recently, the box is so damn huge!

i bought it along with the accesories pack, i cant seem to want to use the stickers to stick on my earphones since theyre only a peice each T_T

looking forward to the soundtrack :D
Hey, u got the accessorie pack too :lol: The box for the game has a pouch to hold the PSP, but it doesn't fit with the damn visor that came with it. I also don't want to use the stickers, as the ears already have a picture on it =P. Album is out 2morro =O
demonblade wrote:@-[J1N]-

Most characters only need to get up to half-bar. Then press Square + R. I'd recommend locking on an enemy first.

Also, if you're at full bar (miraculously), you can press Square + L for the second Noble Phantasm.

Some characters do not have a second Noble Phantasm.

Characters who do not have MP bars are teh pwnage. You will find out why.
I managed to find out there was a tutorial section in the main menu, so i basically got most of it now :lol: . I heard you guys say that most noble phantasms are 1 hit KO, so what's the point in saving up for the second?

Alastor Avalon

Unread post by Alastor Avalon » September 26th, 2007, 11:07 pm

ye, seems to be a very tight fit, might be premade for PSP slim?

ah well, itll manage ^_^

btw, ive got the Soundtrack ordered 2dai :D

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 27th, 2007, 7:06 am

Well, some NBs are AOE, remember? =D

And some can be cast anywhere on the map, and at anyone, if i'm not wrong.
Atheism:
The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically
exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically arranged
itself for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.
Makes perfect sense.

"I am a spider, webbing in darkness. Welcome to this beautiful killing field." - Nanaya Shiki

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » October 5th, 2007, 7:19 am

I just finished the game on Hard mode with every character, and I unlocked 'Real' mode, which I'm guessing is an insane mode for story. Something else unlocked, and it said something like "SELECT+START" in it. Anyone know what it is?

Alastor Avalon

Unread post by Alastor Avalon » October 5th, 2007, 11:59 am

DAMN beat me to it lol

im close to finish but not yet

but i DID get the soundtrack of FTC GAOOOO~!!!(Woot~!!!)

Raykun
Addict

Unread post by Raykun » October 8th, 2007, 3:29 am

can someone post a link to where to buy the limitied edition pack?