Who would you have for a Servant?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Ryomasa
Might just like this board

Unread post by Ryomasa » October 18th, 2007, 12:49 pm

>_>
_< There's a limitation to his invincibility anyway. It hurts him. As Stuart Townsend said in the movie, "If that had been permanent, I'd have been very upset."

And actually...
► Show Spoiler
But then again, we all have different ways of viewing things.

On a happier note, nice ta meet ya guys.
http://providence.invisionplus.net

Fate/World Providence
The next generation of the Grail Wars.

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » October 20th, 2007, 10:15 pm

A lot of thanks for this go to Rin from Beast's Lair, for her time, patience, effort and wisdom - for all of which I am very grateful.

And to BL's Mima, for cheering on the idea, and for not minding my 'borrowing' of some of her layout!

------------------------------------------------------------

Rider-class Servant: Ramesses the Great

Regarded by many as the greatest pharaoh to have ever lived, the epitome of the power and majesty of ancient Egypt, Ramesses lived a long and successful life as the third, and by far the longest-reigning, pharaoh of the Nineteenth Dynasty.
Establishing the city of Pi-Ramesses as his new capital, reaching his navies into the Mediterranean to crush the Sherdana, and his armies into the Near East to face the Hittites (most famously at the various battles fought at Qadesh) and south into Nubia, the pharaoh’s writ ran large ? and even before his death was revered by his subjects as a living god.
He is renowned as one of ancient Egypt’s greatest builders, with temples, statues, obelisks and other works created by his decree across Upper and Lower Egypt.
He was a fearless and skilled leader in war, despite a few upsets at Qadesh along the way. He also proved to be a great man of peace, as he transformed the state of Near East political relations by forging a solid alliance with the Hittite king Hattusili III through the Eternal Treaty, or Treaty of Qadesh ? the world’s oldest peace accord.
And as with all pharaohs, once his reign finally ended (when he was in his nineties ? very old for a pharaoh) his soul was commended to enjoy a reign of millions of years, to shine upon the heavens as a new star in the Orion ? or perhaps Osirian ? constellation.
But as a copy of his records enjoys a place of prominence within the Throne of Heroes, he might be interested in taking a break from his astral sovereignty, and ride to war once more…

Name: Ramesses Meryamun (Personal name)/Usermaatre-setepenre (Throne name)/Kanakht Merymaa (Horus name)/Userrenput-aanehktu (Golden Horus name)
Class: Rider
Attribute: Lawful Good
Strength: B
Endurance: A
Agility: C
Mana: B
Luck: B
Noble Phantasms: A
Magic Resistance: D
Riding: A+
Military Tactics: B-
Charisma: A
Divinity: B+

Abilities

? Charisma
Natural talent in commanding a large military force. Rank A can be said to be the greatest popular support obtainable as a human being.
? Magic Resistance
Cancels single-action spell execution. Level of magic resistance is the equivalent of having an amulet with charms against mystical energy.
? Military Tactics
Tactical instinctive ability used not for one-on-one combat, but in a battlefield where many are mobilized. Advantageous modifiers are provided in situations when executing one's own anti-army Noble Phantasms or in dealing with the opponent’s anti-army Noble Phantasm.
? Riding
Talent in riding. As long as it is a beast, he can ride up to mythical/divine level beasts. This does not apply to dragon races.
? Divinity
Ramesses was considered the incarnation of the god Horus in life, and an incarnation of Osiris in death, as part of his reign amongst the stars...
…word has it his star may be already forming its own planetary system.

Noble Phantasms

~Hailstorm of Arrows: Royal Bow~
Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 3-40
Targets: 4
While mounted on his mighty chariot, Ramesses relied upon his trusted bow for ranged attacks, when the tide of the battle called upon the use of bow fire rather than m?l?e combat. He can fire the bow normally at a single target, or rapid-fire at up to four targets with shots at rank D and with a reduced chance of hitting the targets in question.

~Scythe of Horus: Khopesh~
Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 1
Targets: 1
Ramesses’ preferred m?l?e weapon, used either on foot or while mounted, claimed the necks of countless enemies of the kingdom, and was notable for being the first such weapon used by a Pharaoh in combat. Despite this, it is not one of Ramesses’ more powerful weapons, but enough to suffice if the need arises.

~Deliverer of Victory: Chariot of a Living God~
Type: Anti-Army
Range: 2-50
Targets: 100
A manifestation of the war chariot upon which the living Ramesses made war upon his enemies, the chariot is fast and powerful, pulled by two horse Phantasmic Beasts - named Victory in Thebes and Mut is Satisfied, after the steeds which bore his chariot at Qadesh, and guided by the will of the Egyptian gods. Two damage rolls, from the hooves of the two Phantasmic horses and the chariot’s wheels, are made. In addition to the physical damage from both attacks, the chariot serves as a stable firing platform for Ramesses, allowing him to use his Royal Bow unhindered even at a galloping pace.

~Eternal Treaty: Tablet of Qadesh~
Type: Support
Range: N/A
Targets: N/A
One of the most renowned accomplishments of Ramesses’ reign was the signing of the Eternal Treaty with the Hittite king Hattusili III, which turned two long-standing rivals into firm allies, and cemented Egypt’s place as a dominant power in the Near East. Indeed, a copy of the Treaty can be found at the United Nations building in New York, where it still serves as an example of powers setting aside war and turning to diplomacy in its stead.
If Ramesses activates the Tablet while he and his Master form an alliance with another Master and Servant, the Tablet provides benefits to both parties for the duration of the accord. The Tablet records the name of the allied Servant upon its surface, as the cartouche representing the Servant magically appears on its surface. It grants Independent Action rank A on Ramesses and the allied Servant, and both Ramesses and the allied Servant have one of either their Strength, Agility or Endurance stats (determined randomly) boosted by one level (C to B, B to A etc).
The accord must be re-affirmed at some stage within 72 hours, at which point it, and its abilities, are extended by a further 72 hours. If it is allowed to lapse, the name of the other Servant disappears from the tablet’s surface, and the bonuses granted to both Ramesses and the other Servant are lost.
However, if either Ramesses or the allied Servant (or their respective Masters) break the alliance while the accord is still in effect, the tablet unleashes a powerful curse upon the offending party. The cursed Servant suffers a reduction of their stats by one rank for 72 hours after the contract is broken.
Last edited by Nerroth on November 23rd, 2007, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 21st, 2007, 5:24 am

Whoa... that was.... Awesome! :shock:

Such details.... awesome writing dude!!!

But, can i point out something?? not critic, more like a question...

Although unproven, most people believe that ramesses is the pharaoh in the book of Exodus from the Bible. Is it correct to attribute him as lawful good, taking his ignorance to God and to the plague in front of his eyes into account. i don't really know how to determine the attribute, that's why i'm asking... :)
Uchi kaeru....

A.R.C.C.
Addict

Unread post by A.R.C.C. » October 21st, 2007, 5:47 am

Submitted for your approval. . .

Some friends and I were having a discussion and the question of "Since Angra Mainyu is Avenger, how does Angry Mop-yu fit into the servant system?" (for those who don't know, I'm referring to these comics, specifically #8.2 http://akiha.nl/img/babylowned/?)

The answer somebody came up with was Kohaku, who could quite possibly qualify for the Avenger class if anybody could, and is prone to deadly misuse of cleaning implements.
Wai for Kawasumi Mai!

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » October 21st, 2007, 4:41 pm

I go with the interpretations that have him NOT be the same Pharaoh as portrayed in Exodus - since the dates don't match up.

So even if I weren't agnostic, it wouldn't matter.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 22nd, 2007, 12:15 am

hmm... that's fair enough....

Just want you to know though, a servants identity is not determined merely by his real identity from the past... But also from all the myth folklore and story around him. and people that aware of the existence of ramesses II and the book of exodus, mostly they believe that he is the pharaoh in the bible And those believe alone, is enough to make him summoned as that.
Uchi kaeru....

Ryomasa

Unread post by Ryomasa » October 22nd, 2007, 1:26 am

In keeping with the biblical vein, I had the weird idea to make Abraham/Moses into a Caster type.

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » October 22nd, 2007, 3:22 am

lolipedofin wrote:hmm... that's fair enough....

Just want you to know though, a servants identity is not determined merely by his real identity from the past... But also from all the myth folklore and story around him. and people that aware of the existence of ramesses II and the book of exodus, mostly they believe that he is the pharaoh in the bible And those believe alone, is enough to make him summoned as that.

Yes, that's exactly why Saber is a man.

Oh, wait, she's not.

Unless a call is made by Nasu about ancient Egypt in the Nasuverse, I'm quite content separating Ramesses from the Exodus, thank you.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 22nd, 2007, 9:00 am

Nerroth wrote: Yes, that's exactly why Saber is a man.

Oh, wait, she's not.

Unless a call is made by Nasu about ancient Egypt in the Nasuverse, I'm quite content separating Ramesses from the Exodus, thank you.
Ouch... Yeah, that's below the belt, i have nothing to say. It's true indeed. Lol, Nice example u got there...
Uchi kaeru....

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 22nd, 2007, 9:08 am

Ryomasa wrote:In keeping with the biblical vein, I had the weird idea to make Abraham/Moses into a Caster type.
Caster is a sorcery practitioner. They draw their power from nature, and their magical stats itself represent how adept they are about it (noted that this is simply my humble knowledge from how the world perceive magic, not from Nasu's view) For those two the class "Prophet" maybe more suitable, or maybe "summoner". But they only summon god's power though, not His presence entirely.
Uchi kaeru....

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » October 22nd, 2007, 10:24 am

lolipedofin wrote:
Ryomasa wrote:In keeping with the biblical vein, I had the weird idea to make Abraham/Moses into a Caster type.
Caster is a sorcery practitioner. They draw their power from nature, and their magical stats itself represent how adept they are about it (noted that this is simply my humble knowledge from how the world perceive magic, not from Nasu's view) For those two the class "Prophet" maybe more suitable, or maybe "summoner". But they only summon god's power though, not His presence entirely.
oh, you guys reminded me of something....
moses is the prince of egypt, and by that status, he ought to be trained in war and martial arts skill...
maybe rider, archer, or lancer can suit him as well as caster...
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Ryomasa

Unread post by Ryomasa » October 24th, 2007, 11:02 pm

lolipedofin wrote:
At any rate, Abraham would have magic with plants (lamb caught in thorns, anyone?), and Moses would probably use water, if that was the case.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » October 25th, 2007, 12:33 pm

Ryomasa wrote: At any rate, Abraham would have magic with plants (lamb caught in thorns, anyone?), and Moses would probably use water, if that was the case.
but abraham was the peaceful type of prophets wasn't he?I don't remember he ever did any devastation on behalf His order...

btw, moses didn't only use water, there're more of those...devastations, even worse...I don't wanna think about it, if you are really going to summon him..

oh, I just came up with an idea; how 'bout neo from the matrix as archer or caster?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 25th, 2007, 12:57 pm

Caster??? I never remembered him casting anything throughout the story.

I guess it will be funny to summon him as berserker, but his ability is not "mad enhancement" instead it will be "mind enhancement" :lol:

The best class for him will be "Monk" i guess. Not those real Buddhist monk, more like an RPG monk. The one from Ragnarok Online will be a perfect example. He is a perfect embodiment of monk, strong and steel will, fight with bare hands (or with anything around him) let everything flow and in complete harmony with his nature and surrounding, and somehow emit those religious aura ( except when he is fucking trinity, then again the party was somehow cult-ish). His noble phantasm is a reality marble where he can re-write the matrix, That'll be cool.
Uchi kaeru....

Caineth
Addict

Unread post by Caineth » October 25th, 2007, 1:45 pm

Abraham was a warrior, he led a band of his servant warriors against the 2 kings that had kidnapped his nephew (or was it 4 Kings? cant remember for sure) and pretty much wiped them and their previously victorious armies out.

Ryomasa

Unread post by Ryomasa » October 25th, 2007, 4:41 pm

Bwahaha, the Ten Plagues!

>_< Well yeah, I could always make something up for those guys.

And Neo seems more like...a...a...

Hmm.

Archer, maybe.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » October 26th, 2007, 3:23 am

Ryomasa wrote: And Neo seems more like...a...a...

Hmm.

Archer, maybe.
now you mention it, I don't remember neo ever shot/fired anything...
lolipedofin wrote: Caster??? I never remembered him casting anything throughout the story.
he did
► Show Spoiler
lolipedofin wrote: His noble phantasm is a reality marble where he can re-write the matrix, That'll be cool.
► Show Spoiler
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 26th, 2007, 5:53 am

I'm not totally referring to the actuality in Matrix... And i guess it will be cool for him to have a reality marble, and again i think it will be cool to have him the ability to re-write the "code" within the space of the reality marble, and it's kinda go well with his story don't you think?? remember, even trainman, not an architect can create a space where everything is constituted by him, he can even beat Neo there, remember? the space between the Machine City and The Matrix.

As for caster, the class/job literally translated will be "one who cast", if he didn't cast anything then he wouldn't be caster, will he? while his feat at the machine city, or when stopping bullets somehow looks like sorcery, still he didn't cast anything and his power not derived from magic. A caster or magician got their name from their ability to spoke magic chant prior to the release of power. His power will be close to that of ESP, or simply a technopathy like Micah from Heroes but on a much higher level.
Uchi kaeru....

flurk
Crack Addic!

Unread post by flurk » November 8th, 2007, 6:44 pm

i'd summon rin to be my caster class servant =3
Sir Bedevere: How do know so much about swallows?
King Arthur: Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

Throiath
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Throiath » November 14th, 2007, 7:34 pm

Hello all :D new to the boards, anyway my friends had the exact same discussion about who we would summon

mine would be:

Saber - Siegfried
Caster - Merlin, or my own custom F/SN char, http://www.myspace.com/throiath (a fake char made for RP purposes ;p)
Berserker - Thor
Lancer - Odin
Archer - Robin Hood!
Assassin - Ryu Hayabusa
Rider - Medusa, because she is hot :O