Who would you have for a Servant?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » September 20th, 2007, 8:45 pm

Actually, before the cold war was over, US and USSR had enough nuclear devices to destroy the whole world 23 times. But after some agreement, i believe START 1, they reduced their stockpile to around 1000.

Anyway, Bush wouldn't find his red buttons even to save his life. Noble Phantasm: Dumb as a Rock. Or Noble Phantasm: Create a Senseless War.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

LastShadow
Might just like this board

Unread post by LastShadow » September 20th, 2007, 8:55 pm

Here are some links which say that its around 10,000:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:US_a ... kpiles.svg

http://thebulletin.metapress.com/conten ... lltext.pdf
Anyway, Bush wouldn't find his red buttons even to save his life. Noble Phantasm: Dumb as a Rock. Or Noble Phantasm: Create a Senseless War.
You could always have him summon it, and then you could press it.
It would be similar to when Shiro summoned a weapon for Saber.

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » September 20th, 2007, 10:07 pm

Goku? XD

LastShadow

Unread post by LastShadow » September 20th, 2007, 10:41 pm

Einherjar wrote:Goku? XD
You wouldn't have enough mana.... and i wouldn't want to give him mana Shiro's way.

How bout Android 18? Plus shes a cyborg, would most of energy come from machines?
Its been about 6 years since i watched DBZ, i don't know if her energy comes from Ki or if its because of the machines inside her.

Either way I wouldn't mind going Shiro's way to give her mana.

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » September 21st, 2007, 4:19 am

I totally dislike DBZ. Please don't ever mention it again.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » September 21st, 2007, 4:40 am

Raw wrote:I totally dislike DBZ. Please don't ever mention it again.
every people has his/her own taste, raw. you should at least learn to appreciate it...
btw, for anyone of you who have played c&c generals, you must know all heroes od every faction there.
i'd choose jarmen kell as my servant, lol.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 21st, 2007, 6:29 am

Raw wrote:I totally dislike DBZ. Please don't ever mention it again.
LOL. I remembered a video from Youtube that had nothing but Goku going "Ahhhhhhhhh...." and charging his power for a full FIVE minutes. Laughed my butt off.

But hey, it was technically the first anime and manga I watched/read as a little kid, so can't really say much.
Raitei wrote:btw, for anyone of you who have played c&c generals, you must know all heroes od every faction there.
i'd choose jarmen kell as my servant, lol.
Ehh, the heroes in C&C would be boring as a Servant. Come on, Col. Burton would just get killed by Jarmen Kell every time.

Elite Super Lotus is fun though XD.

Hmm, speaking of computer games; and reading that old resurrected SC2 thread

Anyone up for summoning Zeratul from Starcraft as a form of (True)Assassin? Mmm...100dmg warp blades...
► Show Spoiler

LastShadow

Unread post by LastShadow » September 21st, 2007, 6:59 am

But hey, it was technically the first anime and manga I watched/read as a little kid, so can't really say much.
Same here, actually i think that is true with most people who was born in the 1980's.
Hmm, speaking of computer games; and reading that old resurrected SC2 thread

Anyone up for summoning Zeratul from Starcraft as a form of (True)Assassin? Mmm...100dmg warp blades...
Sorry i rather go with Sarah Kerrigan before she was turned by the zerg.

She's hot, and I'd love the alternative methods for giving her mana =)

While i don't know how effective she would be in fighting other servants (probably an assassin or an archer class) her cloak ability and sniper rifle would be awesome in killing the other Masters from a distance.

However, if you mess up with the summoning and get the transformed Kerrigan, you're basically screwed. She would be an awesome Servant other than the whole fact that she would probably find a way to kill you as well. Totally worth the risk.

shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread post by shadow_Hiei » September 21st, 2007, 8:02 am

Who would I want? Archer or Rider, and to a lesser extent, Lancer. They're all pretty cool, and Rider's hot.

Who would I get? That's tough to say. Maybe Lancer, since I have rage? Though I'd probably get a different servant than any of the ones summoned in the fifth Holy Grail War altogether.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » September 21st, 2007, 9:07 am

lately, I feel the urge to summon every famous heroes in the past...
you know what...?they're cool...8)
heh, it's nice to have an army of servants... for example, i'd like to have heroes from myths such as bellerophon, perseus, hercules, or...
heroes from the past; william wallace, joanne of arc, moses(yes, he's cool, even without God's help, he's still capable of fighting by himself =))...
► Show Spoiler

...did I forget to mention someone...?ah, yes, if I did, then it must be myself( raitei )....:)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » September 21st, 2007, 1:20 pm

Same here, actually i think that is true with most people who was born in the 1980's.
I was born in 1980s, and my first one were really old school ones like dash! kappei or daimos. Dbz wasn't popular here until recent 5 or so years, and even then it's just stuff for kiddies. :P

*Removed because it apparently disturbs some people*
Last edited by Ciel on September 21st, 2007, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » September 21st, 2007, 3:03 pm

Ciel wrote: [size=0]Would Jesus count as a hero...? :o[/size]
hmm,don't mean to offend, but I think you've gone too far, buddy....
► Show Spoiler
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » September 21st, 2007, 3:55 pm

Hmmm.... i don't get what Ciel and Raitei are talking about, Ciel is talking about dragon ball, right? in which way does it offense God? has Ciel edited his post already??

As for my first anime, i think it was doraemon (the first, and most famous anime and manga until now in indonesia). As for DBZ anime, i can't understand why people watch them. don't get me wrong, the manga was extremely exceptional work, but the anime... i was watching it about 10 years ago, and even amazed at it's low quality back then (of course, with a notable fact that 10 years ago was 1997, and the anime was made 1986). I can't even understand how the anime can gain popularity NOW, with the level of it's animation. just to make it clear, i'm an avid fan of DB and has all the manga.

Got new idea for servants here:

Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED Series).
Noble Phantasm: GAT X-105 Strike, Lv:B ; ZGMF X-10A Freedom, Lv:S ; ZGMF X-20A Strike-Freedom, Lv:SS

Class:

Archer. Has an exceptional ability for firing long range, especially with all the armaments of Strike-Freedom plus DRAGOONs and METEOR embedded on the system.
Berserker. He IS a berserker. Andy "Sabaku no Tora" Waltfeld once call him a berserker in regard to Kira's SEED abilities.
Rider The most fitting class, as he is 'riding' his Mobile Suits.
Uchi kaeru....

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 21st, 2007, 7:17 pm

Solely @ Raitei and no one else:
► Show Spoiler
Raitei wrote:moses(yes, he's cool, even without God's help, he's still capable of fighting by himself =))
I beg to differ.

While I don't want to turn this into a pseudo-theological debate, but when bringing characters from a different universe, one has to play by the rules and the abilities of the character and its universe.

Let's look at Moses' character and history, shall we?
► Show Spoiler
lolipedofin wrote:Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED Series).
Noble Phantasm: GAT X-105 Strike, Lv:B ; ZGMF X-10A Freedom, Lv:S ; ZGMF X-20A Strike-Freedom, Lv:SS

Class:

Archer. Has an exceptional ability for firing long range, especially with all the armaments of Strike-Freedom plus DRAGOONs and METEOR embedded on the system.
Berserker. He IS a berserker. Andy "Sabaku no Tora" Waltfeld once call him a berserker in regard to Kira's SEED abilities.
Rider The most fitting class, as he is 'riding' his Mobile Suits.
Ah yes. Mr. Gary Yamato eh? (Gary Stu...Male counterpart to Mary Sue)

Dude, I'd say Kira can only be effective as a Rider class.

Mobile suits are immense, manned machines of war that has both the mobility of a fighter plane and the firepower of a battecruiser. So I doubt that the X-105 Strike is a mere B rank. It's definitely higher. Strike Freedom should be EX, no doubt about it. It is possibly the most powerful and imba Gundam in the SEED universe.

I'd say only a person with EX rank in Riding can operate those machines. Kira Yamato, being who he is (spoiler!), has the ability to quickly, efficiently and effectively operate mobile suits, which should give him the EX rank in Riding easily. Also note that he is the only 'human' who has the ability to control the X20A Strike Freedom, as it's so damn advanced, it's similar to micromanaging 150 different units in an RTS game.

Of course, Red Archer on the other hand, with his abilities, MAY be able to control them.
► Show Spoiler
Being an Archer and a Berserker class will not give him his super-high Riding skill, and thus without his Gundams, all the abilities you mentioned will be useless.

In fact, without his Gundams, Kira will probably only be as skilled and physically able as Nanaya Shiki(Nightmare) from Tsukihime. Without the unparalled killing techniques.

Also, it's odd that you mention that Kira's a berserker. While Kira's movements and skill may become much better in SEED mode, there is one significant difference between being a SEED!berserker and a servant!Berserker:
► Show Spoiler
Also another point I feel needs to be pointed out:
► Show Spoiler
Of course, if Kira can summon and operate his X20A Strike Freedom together with the METEOR system, it's gonna take one heck of an Ea blast to wipe it out.
► Show Spoiler
But of course, if Kira dodges it, and blasts Gil with his DRAGOONS and what not...I don't know what can beat him lol.

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » September 21st, 2007, 7:45 pm

I would summon Hattori Hanzo, but in his Samurai Showdown cameo, which is pretty cool, and of course, as an assassin.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/hanzo.html

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » September 21st, 2007, 9:16 pm

demonblade wrote:Solely @ Raitei and no one else:
► Show Spoiler
Raitei wrote:moses(yes, he's cool, even without God's help, he's still capable of fighting by himself =))
I beg to differ.

While I don't want to turn this into a pseudo-theological debate, but when bringing characters from a different universe, one has to play by the rules and the abilities of the character and its universe.

Let's look at Moses' character and history, shall we?
► Show Spoiler
yo, quite a point you've got there....
i'm just inspired by the movie "Ten Commandments"...
y'know, moses' really cool there..
demonblade wrote:
► Show Spoiler
But of course, if Kira dodges it, and blasts Gil with his DRAGOONS and what not...I don't know what can beat him lol.
don't think so, because :
► Show Spoiler
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 22nd, 2007, 7:01 am

Raitei wrote: yo, quite a point you've got there....
i'm just inspired by the movie "Ten Commandments"...
y'know, moses' really cool there..
Not to mention Prince of Egypt as well, but sometimes it's quite interesting when people don't realize the only hero that the Bible actually insuinates IS a Hero is that which claims to have given inspiration to the writers of its many books themselves, and not the characters inside of it. They would be naught but mere sidekicks, if you will.
Raitei wrote:
demonblade wrote:
► Show Spoiler
don't think so, because :
► Show Spoiler
Here is where pseudo-science comes into the mix:
► Show Spoiler

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » September 22nd, 2007, 9:13 am

demonblade wrote:
► Show Spoiler
dude, if these are facts, why do you think gil
► Show Spoiler
haven't perished yet after
► Show Spoiler
perfectly deflected the attack?
► Show Spoiler
oh, one idea: how 'bout casey ryback, as assassin or saber or archer?
► Show Spoiler
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

demonblade
Addict

Unread post by demonblade » September 22nd, 2007, 3:04 pm

Raitei wrote:
demonblade wrote:
► Show Spoiler
dude, if these are facts, why do you think gil
► Show Spoiler
haven't perished yet after
► Show Spoiler
perfectly deflected the attack?
► Show Spoiler
Uhm, try and remember that:
► Show Spoiler
Raitei wrote:oh, one idea: how 'bout casey ryback, as assassin or saber or archer?
► Show Spoiler
Uhm, I have no idea who he is. Sorry XD

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » September 22nd, 2007, 8:51 pm

I was joking about having Goku of course.

how about somebody from FE? Roy kicks ass in SSBM.

DBZ sux in any way, with one exception to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd2kFtJHp0s