Who would you have for a Servant?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby coil » December 27th, 2008, 4:19 pm

i lost (xD) more than one hour reading all of this xDDD some contributiones are genial xDD
coil
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Xamdou » December 27th, 2008, 4:21 pm

coil wrote:i lost (xD) more than one hour reading all of this xDDD some contributiones are genial xDD
you spent 1 hour reading all the 29 pages?! wow
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby xesias » December 28th, 2008, 1:55 am

i dont know if sumone said this already but i would pick Jesus as Rider his noble fantasy could b like a rain shower of angels and u cant really kill him...lol
or maybe Musashi Miyamoto as Saber he would kick some serouis ass
xesias
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Xamdou » December 28th, 2008, 2:12 am

xesias wrote:i dont know if sumone said this already but i would pick Jesus as Rider his noble fantasy could b like a rain shower of angels and u cant really kill him...lol
or maybe Musashi Miyamoto as Saber he would kick some serouis ass
If its about jesus theres a threat about god being a servant ,
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » December 28th, 2008, 4:21 am

Jesus was never mortal, is a full fledged god, and thus could never be summoned. nuff said.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby xesias » December 28th, 2008, 5:30 am

Raitei wrote:Jesus was never mortal, is a full fledged god, and thus could never be summoned. nuff said.
well Jesus did die....But then was brought bak! so he was a full fledged God and a full fledged human at least thats what im taught in sunday school :D
xesias
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » December 28th, 2008, 5:40 am

xesias wrote:
Raitei wrote:Jesus was never mortal, is a full fledged god, and thus could never be summoned. nuff said.
well Jesus did die....But then was brought bak! so he was a full fledged God and a full fledged human at least thats what im taught in sunday school :D
Jesus was never human. he merely "took the form of a slave", that's all. he never "died". at least, not in the same way as us.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby xesias » December 28th, 2008, 6:25 am

Raitei wrote:
xesias wrote:
Jesus was never human. he merely "took the form of a slave", that's all. he never "died". at least, not in the same way as us.
what happened to the born to the virgin mary part of the bible and the suffered and died for our sins part?
xesias
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Xamdou » December 28th, 2008, 6:27 am

Why does almost all topic becoming like religious debate when it comes to about jesus???
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » December 28th, 2008, 8:18 am

Raitei wrote:Jesus was never human. he merely "took the form of a slave", that's all. he never "died". at least, not in the same way as us.

If you want to take the bible as the leading authority on the divinity/humanity of Jesus, then yes, he was both 100% human and 100% God, and yes he did die, the same as us. The only difference between his humanity and ours was/is that he never committed any sins. That is all factual, you can read your bible to check.

Now. Be it far from me to say that Jesus Christ is off-topic anywhere, religious debate IS off-topic. Thus back to the topic at hand, or a padlock powerup next time I look at this thread.

Unread postby inferno_flamex » December 29th, 2008, 1:48 pm

I suddenly have the urge to make that Japanese Lucky Cat thing/spirit as a servent... (hmm.. Maybe its because im replaying LMM... LOL!) Not really sure if he IS a god one way or another tho...

Think about it...

A servent that although sux in everything else...
But EX-EX-EX LUCK! LOL!

Gae Bolg's ability would mean nothing against him! XDDD
Coz when faced against Lancer, it turns out that the 'hound of Chullain' would be ALLERGIC TO CATS!! lol!
Just becuase he is super lucky to be up against a servent that has an allergy!

Epic WIN!
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 29th, 2008, 1:50 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:I suddenly have the urge to make that Japanese Lucky Cat thing/spirit as a servent... (hmm.. Maybe its because im replaying LMM... LOL!) Not really sure if he IS a god one way or another tho...

Think about it...

But EX-EX-EX LUCK! LOL!

Coz when faced against Lancer, it turns out that the 'hound of Chullain' would be ALLERGIC TO CATS!! lol!

Epic WIN!

You make me think of Madara from Natsume Yuujinchou ~ >_>
Anyone wants Taiga as Servant Saber?
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » December 29th, 2008, 8:15 pm

Xamdou wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:I suddenly have the urge to make that Japanese Lucky Cat thing/spirit as a servent... (hmm.. Maybe its because im replaying LMM... LOL!) Not really sure if he IS a god one way or another tho...

Think about it...

But EX-EX-EX LUCK! LOL!

Epic WIN!

You make me think of Madara from Natsume Yuujinchou ~ >_>
Anyone wants Taiga as Servant Saber?

taiga does have her mysterious power ability when in servant form...
truly formidable...
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 30th, 2008, 2:53 am

I wonder if you can have the Grim Reaper as a servant. In Western culture, the Reaper is not a god, but a representation of death. Summoning a servant who embodies the concept of death would provide you with a big advantage. You cannot really Excalibur a concept, which is good. You probably need some ability on par with Ryogi Shiki's eyes to kill the Grim Reaper. O, and don't touch your servant, ever.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » December 30th, 2008, 5:24 am

.........?
Maaaah.... Don't servant's have to be part human? From what little I know, The Grim Reaper is some... spiritual thing.... more like a concept, as you said; but not human-ish... or am I mistaken?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby inferno_flamex » December 30th, 2008, 5:36 am

abscess wrote:.........?
Maaaah.... Don't servant's have to be part human? From what little I know, The Grim Reaper is some... spiritual thing.... more like a concept, as you said; but not human-ish... or am I mistaken?

I think i heard someone say that there are even cases whereby a servent can even be a mechanical being... -__-
(I think that is why i once stated i wanted KOS-MOS as my servent...)

As long as he/she/it has a spirit...

In fact.. I think it was discussed here in this thread... Im not sure what is the 'official statement' regarding that matter tho...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » December 30th, 2008, 6:04 am

inferno_flamex wrote:

I think i heard someone say that there are even cases whereby a servent can even be a mechanical being... -__-

more likely, as long as s/he has a consciousness. mechanical being without ai is pretty much an empty shell, hence it would not be summoned as one. even if it's programmed to save the world, no matter how many heroic deeds s/he did, the credit goes to the programmer.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Watashimo » December 30th, 2008, 6:14 am

Raitei wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:

more likely, as long as s/he has a consciousness. mechanical being without ai is pretty much an empty shell, hence it would not be summoned as one. even if it's programmed to save the world, no matter how many heroic deeds s/he did, the credit goes to the programmer.

Eh, not exactly.

f the conditions for the creation of a hero are met for a user of modern armaments, what will ascend to the rank of Heroic Spirit is the gun itself under the terms of ?the most excellent weapon of its time?.

Same concept.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » December 30th, 2008, 6:19 am

Watashimo wrote:Eh, not exactly.

f the conditions for the creation of a hero are met for a user of modern armaments, what will ascend to the rank of Heroic Spirit is the gun itself under the terms of ?the most excellent weapon of its time?.

Same concept.
nope, that quote is off-base. this is not a question about canon sources concerning modern weaponry for a heroic spirit. imagine a machine, which could move by itself but has no consciousness, which was programmed to save the world. in the end, who did save the world? the programmer, not the machine.

e.g. tony stark made an armour which could be remote controlled or programmed to do his bidding. the armour in question then kicks some bad ass and saved the world, in a sense. who is the hero? stark, that is.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Watashimo » December 30th, 2008, 6:41 am

Raitei wrote:
Watashimo wrote:Eh, not exactly.

Same concept.
nope, that quote is off-base. this is not a question about canon sources concerning modern weaponry for a heroic spirit. imagine a machine, which could move by itself but has no consciousness, which was programmed to save the world. in the end, who did save the world? the programmer, not the machine.

e.g. tony stark made an armour which could be remote controlled or programmed to do his bidding. the armour in question then kicks some bad ass and saved the world, in a sense. who is the hero? stark, that is.

I'm not sure how thats not the same concept. Perhaps a person wields a great weapon and saves the world. The weapons is the greatest, not the person. Who the hero is is based on the perception of the world, not humanity. People would indeed consider Tony Stark the hero, but they would also consider the wielder of the weapon the hero. The machine performed the deed, as did the weapon. It was because of the machine the world was saved, it was because of the weapon the person could save the world. Even the creator of the greatest weapon doesn't become the hero, the weapon does.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat